Chooch Tangent (split off from the S20 Megathread)

Turbomiäs

[Mod notice: Split off from the big S20 topic. Please note that this first post was just the first one that has been split off, but it's not really what the rest is about.]

3 hours ago, itsmark said:

Chooch hyping up the S20 (as expected):

Just a friendly reminder: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/comments/pcx3h6/choochtech_this_guy_is_a_racist_we_can_do_better/

I would not want this guy to represent the EUC community and he will be representing as long as people link his hyping / skill showoff videos without any actual content

Edited by meepmeepmayer
Split off to its own topic
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Any new information in there?

I remember watching his videos when I didn't know anything about EUCs and it was awesome. Now I know a few more things it seems his knowledge has stagnated, with nothing to learn from and all that remains is hype to get affiliate money from preorders.

Well, he's been riding EUCs a lot longer than you have, and has tested and owned as many as Marty. He's also a very experienced and talented rider, and his videos have entertainment value.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, litewave said:

Well, he's been riding EUCs a lot longer than you have, and has tested and owned as many as Marty. He's also a very experienced and talented rider, and his videos have entertainment value.

I admit he have some skills and missing self-preservation instinct, I saw his nice video trail of S20. But even with this experience he was able to make S20 a mole and denny his error.
Nices video, but thats all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Miko.cz said:

I admit he have some skills and missing self-preservation instinct, I saw his nice video trail of S20. But even with this experience he was able to make S20 a mole and denny his error.
Nices video, but thats all.

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Any new information in there?

I remember watching his videos when I didn't know anything about EUCs and it was awesome. Now I know a few more things it seems his knowledge has stagnated, with nothing to learn from and all that remains is hype to get affiliate money from preorders.

And what exactly does your opinion contribute to this topic, and why does your opinion matter?

Are you creating any content that has value?

His video is what it is. No need to disrespect the man.

Edited by litewave
  • Confused 2

People tend to conflate an expert rider as also someone who is a good and decent person. Sort of like Tiger Woods because he is a great golfer means he is also a great human being/husband.

I don’t know Chooch personally but I have to laugh when his defenders come out. Yes, he’s a good rider no argument there.

I have read he stabbed a person because he thought someone was going to steal his wheel. He posted a rascist rant on Reddit that got discovered and reposted that ended with him deleting his Choochtech account. He steals content and adds his own affiliate links to profit off others work. He “cheats” in races by not holding the line. The latest controversy is falsely accusing evX of knowingly sending him a broken S20 and whining about it on Facebook. And his Colorado neighbors aren’t too fond of him ripping around town on his various EUCs. Seems he is a bit of a local celebrity but not in a good way.

These are just facts… interpret as you wish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The news report on the stabbing.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/05/03/electric-unicycle-stabbing-attack/

May 3, 2017

Unicycle-Riding Assault Suspect: Police Got It Wrong

unicycle-assault-rg-01-title05085-concat

Sounds like road-rage escalation (can happen with any vehicle really).

Here's a video that explains really well what happens and gives advice to avoid terrible escalation like in Chooch's story.
A must watch IMO for any EUC rider interacting with cars, myself included.

Edited by supercurio
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chriull said:

A great point of view! But seems he stepped too hard on too many toes till now .... 

Yea I understand completely. I wasn’t a fan of his attitude towards other riders so also haven’t watched in a while. 
At the start he definitely helped hook me into EUC, so the hype did get me. I think growing this community in anyway will help us all in the long run.