Much better not App connected

Douglas Ingram

I used the phone several times during the ride and I never have noticed any difference (firmware 1.2.2). May be the newer firmware release has more work to do with the phone interface, but it sounds very rare...

21 hours ago, MonsieurBadgerCheese said:

I'm on an E+ and I'm a relative Newbie (300 Km since Christmas - first EUC), but completely agree with this. Feels really strange when connected to the App.

MBC:)

I do not notice a difference when I connect to the app.

I'd think that the stats and information viewed through the app (i.e. temp, speed, battery, etc) are being generated constantly inside the wheel regardless of whether you're connected and viewing that information through the app.  Simply viewing information that's already generated shouldn't affect performance of the wheel.

1 hour ago, musk said:

Simply viewing information that's already generated shouldn't affect performance of the wheel.

Agreed -- but perhaps the processing overhead of actually maintaining a Bluetooth connection taxes the processor. I don't know how much processing it requires, but I suggest it as a possible reason.

I suggest to any people believing the app changes the ride experience, to keep the app connected but with the device into the pocket.

If it feels different yet, then would be fine to discover which firmware releases are affected.

I think 1.2.2 (mine) is not affected in any way.

Archived