About to join King Song club

DS

5 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Please connect the wheel briefly to the charger and then try to start it again. If it comes back on, the BMS (Battery Management System) may have cut the power for some odd reason. 

Oops, I should have include you in the above reply

Thank you for the advice, but for now I'm kind of afraid to connect the charger. I had an experience with blown off charger of my generic wheel and I really do not want to cause more eventual damage.

5 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Regardless of the result from the test suggested above, I would remain as concerned as you are with the reliability of your unit. I cross fingers, that KingSong will exchange it for you promptly - but please give'em a couple of days to react before making a big stink all over the net :angry::). I know, it's a hard challenge to remain patient with frustrations like this ...  KingSong has a good reputation to defend and I'm optimistic, they will do the right thing.

I like these words very much :) Thank you for them all!

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

the working one will make you happy!!! And you will easily forget this Troubles! :-)

I hope so.

I did a huge research before deciding to buy KS.

But it happened to be the first one who got defective unit...I just did not expect it AT ALL.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally understand your frustration....

but what you also have to See:

this is Not Apple or a sending from amazon...there Are just 4-5 Producer of good wheel...i would even say just 2...KS and Gotway

and now in The Moment WE only have a dozen seller and for your country Perhaps even less! What i want a say is there Are restrictions WE all have to deal with :-)

So try to See it from The good Side:

you have a reliable seller and Wheel and will get help! Just Imagine for saving 50 Bucks you would have Chosen a taobao seller and just Bad luck and nothing :-)

On 3/19/2016 at 9:57 PM, KingSong69 said:

you have a reliable seller and Wheel and will get help! Just Imagine for saving 50 Bucks you would have Chosen a taobao seller and just Bad luck and nothing :-)

Reliable seller yes, but the wheel KS proved opposite.

No, I would not have chosen any Chinese internet platform for such amount of money and I was quite aware when ordered my generic EUC from aliexpres that there is almost no warranty and I was lucky - the generic wheel proved good.

When you try as a buyer to do risk management in order to avoid future unwanted bad consequences, there are some ways AFAIK:

1. To make a deep research for the desired product and find out which one is with the highest quality and best feedbacks. Once you find it, accept that relatively high price;

2. To find out a reputable distributor from a developed country who follows the west civilization laws for customer protection. Preferably in your area;

3. To pay through a reputable financial institution (not by direct bank transfer) which gives you additional protection;

4. To keep in mind AND ACCEPT IT that nevertheless of all above, shit happens and you could be "the chosen one".

I was aware and I did 1,2,3 points...but failed in the fourth one :(

• 2 weeks later...

Final update in case someone is interested how this story ends.

KS China did not agree to send unit replacement, only the engine. Since I was not sure what is the malfunction and could get into prolonged DIY-negotiations-waiting for shipping saga, I preferred the option to return the EUC to my distributor for a full refund, which has been finalized yesterday late evening.

Everything in the end will be OK, if it's not OK, it's not the end. :)

@DS Unfortunately a full refund was the best thing to do for you as a customer, as Doing It Yourself is not what we want to promote as a company. Also, the motherboard gave out in your final lift test due to the resistence of the motor, meaning you would need to get a new motherboard too and implement it yourself.

We 'fixed' it but had to swap the motor AND motherboard to do so (so actually a new wheel minus the batteries and the white shell around it). The motor had 2 broken washers of which one was cut in halve and stuck in the magnet rim. This was causing the friction and tear. I honostly don't know how KingSong China could have missed this, as up untill now we were very happy with their Quality Control.

If I have to guess then they probably were focussing really hard on the production of the KS-16A at the time. Still, I don't think that's any excuse to skip Quality Control before sending out the wheel.

The wheel works perfectly now with the new components, but I doubt there will be any interest from your side after all the husle.. :D

Hope you're still as excited about wheeling as you was before this experience!

IMG_9817.JPG

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

1 hour ago, Michael David de Gans said:

If I have to guess then they probably were focussing really hard on the production of the KS-16A at the time. Still, I don't think that's any excuse to skip Quality Control before sending out the wheel.

The irony of this situation is that at the beginning of February I took a decision to order KS14 for two main reasons.

First, that there have never been negative quality reports and since this wheel has been in production for appr. an year, I truly believed the current version is most improved and flawless.

Second, even tough I liked more the KS16 design, I was unwilling to wait for it to reach the market. At that time, April-May seemed to me...beyond the horizon.

Now, after this story is over and new opportunities have emerged, it seems that my fate was determined to have KS16 anyway, which I hope will happily ride sometime in May (on the visible side prior to the horizon) :)

Well, I was not lucky with KS China Quality Control, but I was definitely lucky to choose the right distributor.

Thank you, Michael, for your understanding, nonstop communication, and proper professional attitude when negotiating and dealing in such inconvenient for all sides situation. I would not have a second thought to choose you again as my seller and I would strongly recommend you to anyone EUC interested, especially now when we all see what significant aftersale (maintenance/repairing) capabilities your company has!

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, jesi said:

I just received ks18, oh boy, so different what my ninebot one e+ was...
It is second hand unit, in mint condition, only couple kilometers used.

Really looking good. Enjoy the riding :)

2 hours ago, jesi said:

I just received ks18, oh boy, so different what my ninebot one e+ was...
It is second hand unit, in mint condition, only couple kilometers used.

27949573953_0f88ba113f_b.jpg

looks like a 1200 Watt Ks18....with the new pedals....

nice wheel...i also have it...and call it the little "panzer"...my Ks14 has becoming a toy since that i have the 18 :-)

Im riding my KS18 for a month now and my Ninebot One feels like a toy. Its really difficult now to ride such a small one...

But the Kingsong is really perfect for long rides...I can go all through town and back plus some country ride for 50-60km without thinking ?

• 4 months later...
On 4/12/2016 at 11:40 AM, DS said:

Thank you, Michael, for your understanding, nonstop communication, and proper professional attitude

Outstanding service by Michael de Gans! It's great to see dealers like him who work very hard to take care of their customers!

Archived