About to join King Song club

DS

There might be another issue where Kingsong will send you a replacement part but ask that you pay for the shipping costs which is very costly. At least Ninebot has the diligence to send me my replacement motherboard+battery and then a replacement motor free of charge with shipping at their own expense.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

where Kingsong will send you a replacement part but ask that you pay for the shipping costs

King Song China do not deal with me directly.

I deal with the European reseller @Michael David de Gans and do not expect anybody to ask me for an additional cost of a product that I've already paid the asked price.

21 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

At least Ninebot has the diligence to send me my replacement motherboard+battery and then a replacement motor free of charge with shipping at their own expense.

...which is quite normal for a respectful company which policy is to profit from a happy clients

18 minutes ago, DS said:

...which is quite normal for a respectful company which policy is to profit from a happy clients

So let's not shoot KingSong or @Michael David de Gans until they have had a chance to put this right.

I would certainly agree it is not right, I wouldn't agree that it is definitely the controller, it drives so it isn't a failed FET or anything like that, motor, is at least as likely.

2 minutes ago, Keith said:

So let's not shoot KingSong or @Michael David de Gans until they have had a chance to put this right.

You are right, nevertheless of my frustration, I know in real life shit happens and I'm not going to shoot anybody but trying to solve this problem in civilized manner.

For now, I've been asked to make sure that nothing is between the wheel and the shell, which I proved with additional video.

Currently, I'm waiting for the next steps.

23 minutes ago, Kingsong-France said:

We have sometime this problem when we check the unicycle before shipment so I think it is mother board problem and it is not the motor.

You mean you had the similar grinding friction sound when spinning the wheel which turns to be the fault not from the engine but from the motherboard? Well, could be, I don't know, the best is King Song technicians to solve that problem.

1 hour ago, DS said:

I got promising news of wheel or motor replacement from my seller, but let's see...

...and also, I'll have the promised trolley handle

Don't worry...

Never heard anything bad about futurewheel!!!! They will help you as best as they can!

You just have a really bad luck that this fault was not detected by Quality control....when you receive the new wheel you will be absolutly happy with your choice of KS14C...

Believe me...i got one myself!

51 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

this fault was not detected by Quality control

This wheel may have been produced during China new year celebration by disgruntled pushed to extra work workers and checked by sleepy or with hangover after celebrations Quality control personnel ;)

For sure I have the bad luck to get the faulty wheel but this will be compensated by this excellent seller - Futurewheel

@KingSong69 @Keith @UKJ @John Eucist @Cloud @Michael Vu..and whoever wants to reply :)

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what is the normal behaviour when you lift up your KS14C?

Mine acts in two ways and kind of confuse me.

Sometimes spins to the max, gives 4-5 beeps and stops, I put it on the floor, the EUC is still on but the wheel is free and after I move it several times back and forth automatically stabilize itself.

But sometimes when I lift it up starts to spin back and forth and do not stop even I push the power button (long, short...) and stops only when I press it to the ground, as happened in my first test on unboxing video at 11:40

Can you pls share an experience?

48 minutes ago, DS said:

@KingSong69 @Keith @UKJ @John Eucist @Cloud @Michael Vu..and whoever wants to reply :)

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what is the normal behaviour when you lift up your KS14C?

Mine acts in two ways and kind of confuse me.

Sometimes spins to the max, gives 4-5 beeps and stops, I put it on the floor, the EUC is still on but the wheel is free and after I move it several times back and forth automatically stabilize itself.

But sometimes when I lift it up starts to spin back and forth and do not stop even I push the power button (long, short...) and stops only when I press it to the ground, as happened in my first test on unboxing video at 11:40

Can you pls share an experience?

If it spins in one direction at max speed for few seconds the motor always cuts.  The power button is disabled when the wheel is spinning.

Thank you @John Eucist

But does the wheel turns off completely and what happens when you put it back on the floor, do you have to power it again?

In mine case, the wheel stops but  the energy bars are on.

1 hour ago, DS said:

Hy Ds,

that is The normal behaviour...i just tried.....

spin direction refers to The gyro...in which way you hold it...

12 minutes ago, DS said:

Thank you @John Eucist

But does the wheel turns off completely and what happens when you put it back on the floor, do you have to power it again?

In mine case, the wheel stops but  the energy bars are on.

Only the motor shuts down (lights are on).  Then if you lay the wheel sideways on the ground and back upright the motor turns back on.  That's by design.

King Song CUT OFF!!!....and died

It just happens to record the death of this faulty unit during different angle (to show the spin of the wheel) lift up test.

This brand new King Song 14C 800W 680Wh just cut off during lift test - what could happen if I was riding it!!!

@Michael David de Gans  FYI

I'm mad and going out to ride my $250 GENERIC but functional wheel. I gave thousands of dollars for the most SECURE brand in the unicycle world and see what is the result.

@tinawong

Common, King Song China, do you still hesitate to send me a new unit, or you prefer me ask for full refund and forget your brand and meanwhile this info go viral on the net!?!?

Hi @DS, I admit, I've never seen any KingSong wheel up close in real life, but neither the sound nor the seemingly required force to turn the wheel appear normal to me. Let alone the sudden cut at low speed during your spin test.

Please connect the wheel briefly to the charger and then try to start it again. If it comes back on, the BMS (Battery Management System) may have cut the power for some odd reason. 

Regardless of the result from the test suggested above, I would remain as concerned as you are with the reliability of your unit. I cross fingers, that KingSong will exchange it for you promptly - but please give'em a couple of days to react before making a big stink all over the net :angry::). I know, it's a hard challenge to remain patient with frustrations like this ...  KingSong has a good reputation to defend and I'm optimistic, they will do the right thing.

2 hours ago, DS said:

King Song CUT OFF!!!....and died

It just happens to record the death of this faulty unit during different angle (to show the spin of the wheel) lift up test.

This brand new King Song 14C 800W 680Wh just cut off during lift test - what could happen if I was riding it!!!

@Michael David de Gans  FYI

I'm mad and going out to ride my $250 GENERIC but functional wheel. I gave thousands of dollars for the most SECURE brand in the unicycle world and see what is the result.

@tinawong

Common, King Song China, do you still hesitate to send me a new unit, or you prefer me ask for full refund and forget your brand and meanwhile this info go viral on the net!?!?

Sorry, DS, we have already established that your wheel has a problem, what are you trying to prove now? Have you given @Michael David de Gans a chance to put this right for you yet? Has he in some way refused to help you that we haven't seen yet? Anything you keep doing to the wheel now is just likely to increase the damage which may possibly be due to a loose magnet.

Or are you just ranting that the wheel cuts off if you do a lift test? They all do that, it is part of their safety procedure if you fall off the wheel. It will not happen if you are riding as tilt back would have occurred before that speed is ever reached. If you run the KingSong app and then lift the wheel you will find it it happens at a speed well above the maximum it can be ridden at and you will note that it beeped overspeed warnings at you before it cut out as well. All that is perfectly normal safe behaviour, it is just the horrible clunking noise that indicates a problem.

@DS

your Wheel is defect.....The only one to Blame for this is quality Control KS China!

that THIS Wheel is NOT Having a normal behaviour is obvious...We all Fond out before....so i really don't get The

""it Shut off when Holding high-so Could have kill me on riding....""

that is a Little bit unfair...i think futurewheel-Michael de Gans will do all he can to get you a new or find a Solution....

but you know he will probably Not fly it to you personnel :-)

but it's Weekend now! Have some Trust and give them some Time?

I admit that a got a bit emotional, OK, here again:

1. I paid the asked price for a high-quality reliable unicycle on 09 Feb 2016.

2. King Song China sent to me a faulty defect product and I got it via UPS Wednesday 16 March 2016

3. Right on Wednesday evening,  I reported to the seller Futurewheels that the product is defect and they notified King Song China

4. The King Song China in Thursday recommended to check for stones inside the shell - ASAP I returned AGAIN with video proof that this is not the case which was already obvious from my previous sent videos. But OK, this maybe is part of their procedure

5. Thursday and Friday passed and King Song China do not know how to proceed and there is no word from them.

My seller Futurewheels and @Michael David de Gans  are doing a great job and are trying their best to fix that case!

The thing that bothers me is that nevertheless of the obvious fact that quality Control KS China failed, they do not seem to care much and take it kind of easy. Seems to me, that nevertheless of their fault KS China are unwilling to pay that additional shipping cost to fix the problem.

I expected to follow some procedure and to be notified what are the next steps - do I need to perform some tests for them in order to help them to specify the problem - NOTHING from KS China. Of course, I do not expect their company to work during the weekend and I realize that I may look impatient in some eyes.

Hopefully @Michael David de Gans  advised me immediately in PM for not riding this wheel, the advice that I really appreciate now, because otherwise I would have faceplanted!

Some of you (e.g. @Keith) may do not get what happened during that lift up test - the wheel did not turn off normally because of overspeeding, the KS cut off completely when the tire spun relatively slow. The reason was not over speeding but the high friction inside the wheel. The same high friction which I reported right from the beginning.

Currently, 4 hours later the unit is still dead and the power button is not functional.

6 hours ago, John Eucist said:

Well the unit DYING from a lift test is definitely not normal.

Yes, you got the point.

3 hours ago, Keith said:

Anything you keep doing to the wheel now is just likely to increase the damage which may possibly be due to a loose magnet.

Except the precious advice not to ride this unit, which I followed, I did not get any other instructions. I was trying myself, without fiddling inside, to specify at what extend this wheel is defective. I was doing a normal procedure which you can do thousand times at your wheel and this should not damage it. If I had gotten the word: "do not turn it on anymore cause you would increase the damage and prepare to send it back", I would have definitely followed such an instruction. Keith, I would have followed even a counsel from you if you have given it BEFORE the cut-off happened.

3 hours ago, Keith said:

Have you given @Michael David de Gans a chance to put this right for you yet?

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

but you know he will probably Not fly it to you personnel :-)

but it's Weekend now! Have some Trust and give them some Time?

3 hours ago, dmethvin said:

Come back and let us know how it is going in a few days. 

Completely agree with you all.

I promise to be more patient especially if it's a matter of a few days as @dmethvin say.

Sorry if I have been harsh and eager...I felt like rejected lover of KS brand :(

@DS

just have some Patience...

to Look for stones or Check if Ventil is bumping is just normal First ask...has happend to often to Not Ask this ;-) so that can be forgiven...

i can Tell you one thing...As a Consumer like you:

once you will have a functioning Ks14 ...you will Love it! It's powerful and save ...don't give anything how that faulty unit behaves....

the working one will make you happy!!! And you will easily forget this Troubles! :-)

Archived