About to join King Song club

DS

Hello to all KS owners&lovers and not only :)

I have one more week before separation with my lovely generic EUC.

An eager nephew wants to buy it from me...he learned to ride it in less than an hour and naturally fall in love with it :)

I'm following the path of many of you to start with a cheap generic one as a test and after that considering to buy the "real deal".

This forum is a precious source of information for EUC connected issues and I was quite aware since the beginning which brand has the best for me technical features  - KS. But I spent quite a time glued to the screen with the picture of Inmotion V5. Also at some point  I considered buying IPS Zero...all in all I feel like I prefer that round shape as it looks more futuristic and far away from any kind of vehicle. But the passion from the outside look is one thing, my cold male logic mind is speaking something else. While I cannot afford to buy sport car, I can satisfy those entertainment (and not only) needs with the most powerful EUC - KS 800W.

Thanks to @Jason McNeil I learned that  KS are the most reseller/client responsive company who pay attention and take actions to improve their product. I think that such a company deserves honor and award in the form of more client's  money :) Thanks to such honest distributors as Jason and @KaleOsaurusRex we are familiar with so many details about KS developments.

Here I would like to express my special appreciations to @esaj  His overall forum contribution is immense and knowing that this is for free I'm asking myself - how such  guys could manage their time schedule working something else for a living and doing such a great work just for free. One answer that come across my mind is that such talented  men are making enough for living only using one or two of their skills...the rest is for fun and self-actualization :)

Many thanks to the forum contributors concerning KS reviews and issues - @John Eucist @Cloud @Henrik Olsen.....all.

My  EUC choice is KS 14C 800W, the bigger the better battery, preferably white color like the one that @Michael Vu shows us very well here:

Now, after I finally decided the brand and the model, next stage is where to buy it from.

For the "real deal" EUC I would definitely prefer to have a warranty and after sales customer support.

For now, I'm considering the options to connect with the manufacturer in China (obviously after their holidays), or from Netherlands, France...I'm not sure and would appreciate advices and recommendations. 

All the best!

added...just have seen all black version wich I also liked

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are making a great choice, just loving my ks14c 680.

I might add that I have a feeling that your a correct in the "behind the scene" ks reseller input being valuable for us end users not to leave out Neil at Milbay in Australia, in spite of his maybe over zealous marketing (He really believes in KS and has worked hard with them IMHO.)

So Jason, K rex, Neil, and because you are in Europe like me I feel Thomas at KS France is in and merits the same classment as in Service and know how.

From all of my dealings with KS France so far they have been professional and the French EUC forum holds them in high respect from what I have read.

Seems like KS knows that having good honest knowledgeable distributors who they listen to concerning product development, is working to provide better and safer fun for us.

Enjoy the ride......

ukj

45 minutes ago, UKJ said:

not to leave out Neil at Milbay in Australia

I also believe he is the one of the proved reliable resellers and strong supporter of KS brand.

Australia seems too far away...down there ;) from my location and I did not consider buying from him.

I would rather prefer either from the manufacturer or from the EU-zone.

As I can see from some French and Netherlands EUC sellers they offer up to two years warranty (1 year for the battery).

Has anybody ordered directly from the manufacturer and what are their warranty conditions?

From the other side, EUC coming to me from within EU-zone will save me additional tax and custom fees.

15 hours ago, DS said:

I also believe he is the one of the proved reliable resellers and strong supporter of KS brand.

Australia seems too far away...down there ;) from my location and I did not consider buying from him.

I would rather prefer either from the manufacturer or from the EU-zone.

As I can see from some French and Netherlands EUC sellers they offer up to two years warranty (1 year for the battery).

Has anybody ordered directly from the manufacturer and what are their warranty conditions?

From the other side, EUC coming to me from within EU-zone will save me additional tax and custom fees.

If kingsong doesnt have distributors in your area they will most likely sell it to you directly. They will offer warranty for main parts mfor a year -  you may have to pay for spthe shipping of the parts. Or ask the distributors in a different area to ship it to you. They will at least match the kingsong warranty but may provide more at their discretion or per their policies.

Good luck

Thank you @Cloud for the info. I'm sure King Song do not have reps in my area, this unit will be unique here and giving the fact that I'm still the only one EUC rider here, people will connect unicycles with the brand KS :)

I sent @tinawong private message and expect her answers after their holidays.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news for me today!

I got UPS tracking number and my litlle monster white KS-14C 800W 680Wh with black light-caps is on the way to me :):):)

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

It seems like the tire is rubbing something inside. Did you check the tire pressure?

I would have been happy if the problem was so easy.

No, the outside part of the wheel (the tire) do not rub anything. Something is wrong inside the wheel - the engine and the parts inside.

3 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Did you buy it from @tinawong direct? I hope not. She did not sell me a unit before saying that I would not get any product warranty in case of defects.

He bought it from me but it went straight from the factory to DS. I also find it strange that this issue didn't came up during quality control.

I'm corresponding with @tinawong at the moment to get this issue fixed as such is his right.

3 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Did you buy it from @tinawong direct?

No, I bought it from Netherlands http://futurewheels.nl/, the forum member @Michael David de Gans with two years of warranty.

I'm content with their service so far with only one exception - I did not get in the package the retractable handle as promised in the offer.

7 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

She did not sell me a unit before saying that I would not get any product warranty in case of defects.

I'm not sure what do you mean here. Did she refuse to give you warranty?

5 minutes ago, Michael David de Gans said:

He bought it from me but it went straight from the factory to DS. I also find it strange that this issue didn't came up during quality control.

I'm corresponding with @tinawong at the moment to get this issue fixed as such is his right.

I hear the sounds coming up like in every tire rotation. Maybe the tire was not fixed properly.

3 minutes ago, DS said:

I'm not sure what do you mean here. Did she refuse to give you warranty?

She said " Buy another brand instead". Sending back the wheel or parts of it would be very costly.

58 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

She said " Buy another brand instead".

Well, If "NO WARRANTY" is the official or non-official but actual policy of King Song China....( @tinawong, do you have a say???), then I will get my full refund from @Michael David de Gans as promised and will forget about the brand King Song and wish them to find clients willing to pay thousand of dollars for their products just like that.

I will blame myself that I did not believe enough the statement from aliexpress seller @unicycle distribution, that KS brand is rubbish. At that time, I perceived such a statement as part of fierce competition.

As a matter of fact @tinawong never answered on this one my private message:

Hi Tina,

First and foremost I would like to wish you 新年好 / 新年好 New Year goodness!  :)

I'm interested to buy a new KS 14C, 800W, 680Wh

I have several questions for you and I would appreciate your reply when you are back to your normal work routine.

1. Can you sell directly to me as a customer? My location is Sofia, Bulgaria, European Union

2. If yes, what price tag can you offer me for the desired model? I use Visa, what payment method do you use?

3. What are you shipment options? Do you offer prepaid tax shipping with a forward company (tax and custom are included in the shipping price)?

4, What is your return policy, warranty and after sale customer support?

Wish you 步步高升 / 步步高陞 :)

Dragomir Stefanov

32 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I hear the sounds coming up like in every tire rotation.

Please, pay closer attention at 11:50 of my unboxing video and at 1:20 of the video riding in the dark right after unboxing. For you this sound is normal?

I ride generic cheap EUC since the beginning of December 2015, I know what is normal.

Also, this defective KS14C draws energy like this - two bars for ten minutes riding. Is this also normal?

2 minutes ago, DS said:

Also, this defective KS14C draws energy like this - two bars for ten minutes riding. Is this also normal?

Now this is not normal. There is definitely something wrong with the motor. This matter will be resolved eventually as promised by @Michael David de Gans but would take a length of time which for us e-wheelers are so precious.

1 hour ago, Kingsong-France said:

@DS you have to change the mother board. Contact us by private message if you don't find a solution quickly.

Thank you for the proposal, but I strongly believe that is not my job to change anything which is not in a consent with my seller.

My part of the deal as a client was to pay duly for the product with two years warranty. The other side part of the deal was the seller (producer) to deliver to me a quality and functional product.

I did my part and paid the asked price but the King Song China delivered to me faulty, not properly functional and dangerous (because of imminent blockage of the wheel) product and now is their job through their authorized reseller @Michael David de Gans to fix that problem.

Imagine the quite routine situation that you are a buyer of let's say TV set and right after unboxing you found your brand new 1000 Euro TV set defective. Will you start fiddle inside it and negotiate with ANOTHER shop, ignoring all the warranty conditions under you have bought it from YOUR seller?

Archived