Which one to buy... IPS191 vs KS16

Jaumebyn

Hello people!

I am newer user on this fantastic forum and I want to ask you..waynezengau

Which is better? IPS 191 340Wh 30kph or King Song 16 680Wh 30kph

I have seen reviews of the IPS (thanks @waynezengau for the review) and I really like it but the KS16 seems to be really really good too:unsure:

I don´t know what to do!! please help meeee  

THANKS!:)

Like @Paddylaz said. Cant compare with something on a detailed level before it actually comes out. From the bird's eye view you can expect ks16 to exhibit typical kingsong behavior, so we can superficially compare from that standpoint.

But before we do that - the obvious difference is the battery size. Id expect KS with twice the battery size to do on average 80% more distance than IPS lhotz. Another obvious parameter is the price. KS will be more expensive by 40%. If these dont matter to you, and you cant wait, get the lhotz.

Maybe also take a look at the IPS T680+ (1100USD)

If you are heavy weight, and want to ride long distances at a higher speed a 680Kwh battery is the way to go.

But If you just want to enjoy riding in the parc, then 340Kw is more than enough.

1 hour ago, Jurgen said:

Maybe also take a look at the IPS T680+ (1100USD)

If you are heavy weight, and want to ride long distances at a higher speed a 680Kwh battery is the way to go.

But If you just want to enjoy riding in the parc, then 340Kw is more than enough.

a quick calc example: if you don't want to drain your battery below 1/3, the 680W will extend your range with 150%

Thanks for all replies guys

I am 80 kg weight and i want it for enjoy and maybe ride some medium-large distances (20-30km) but it is only for fun.

I've had a ninebot one E not + and I'm searching one with same ergonomy or similar.

I don't like the constant peeeee at 27kph in Ips191 and the tiltback is dangerous? 

I don't know if the ks is better in this aspects..

Look this vid at 13:00min

1 hour ago, Jaumebyn said:

Thanks for all replies guys

I am 80 kg weight and i want it for enjoy and maybe ride some medium-large distances (20-30km) but it is only for fun.

I've had a ninebot one E not + and I'm searching one with same ergonomy or similar.

I don't like the constant peeeee at 27kph in Ips191 and the tiltback is dangerous? 

I don't know if the ks is better in this aspects..

Look this vid at 13:00min

The beeping is annoying at 22km/h onwards as well. So if you're very sensitive to the beeping and/or frequently ride over 22, it might not be the wheel for you.

I myself have got the level of experience now where I'm not 'happy' if Im doing under 18km/h because it seems like a crawl now. Especially as I mainly use it around London's royal parks, some of which are vast. I still remember my very first go on an euc which was an Airwheel x3 last summer - back then i remember finding 14km/h terrifying (in a tennis court!) and wondering why anyone would need faster.

From what Ive heard the 14inch Kingsongs allow customisation of beeps so I assume the 16inch will too. If you like the look of the 16 (personally I don't) then might be worth waiting for that. You might be waiting a while though.......

21 minutes ago, Jaumebyn said:

Really? You can customize the beeps in KS?....

Now I am more undecided:wacko:

You can't deactivate the beeps by app or turn the volume down?

And the tiltback is different or it´s like the ninebots?

Not sure about tiltback (on the Lhotz you don't get tiltback until 27. Ive only ever had one, ever.), but with beeping yeah you can choose when you want the three stages of beeping to occur. In other words you can specify the specific mph speed when each beep stage sounds

43 minutes ago, Jaumebyn said:

Okk... I think I am going to buy the IPS191:P

Some web with good prices? I found this one

http://shopelectricunicycle.com/product/ips-xima-lhotz-ips191-340wh-1000watts-30kmh-single-wheel-self-balancing-scooter-free-shipping/

It is a good price and accept Paypal but.... I am very distrustful..

@Jaumebyn i believe @Paddylaz meant the beep customization is in kingsong wheel, not the lhotz. Just so you know

On 02/08/2016 at 0:18 AM, Jaumebyn said:

Okk... I think I am going to buy the IPS191:P

Some web with good prices? I found this one

http://shopelectricunicycle.com/product/ips-xima-lhotz-ips191-340wh-1000watts-30kmh-single-wheel-self-balancing-scooter-free-shipping/

It is a good price and accept Paypal but.... I am very distrustful.

Why not buy directly from manufacturer  iaimips?

I have the IPS 191.. And i use the app that Kevin and another member of this forum developed.   That app unlocks the higher speed before the 100km riding..  But also let's you turn off the beeps completely. 

I'm a bit apprehensive of riding super fast and I have gotten thrown twice.   One time I had headphones on and didnt heard the beeps and went full speed into a incline and i suppose that was a voltage drop, and it shut down on me.   The second time I tried to push too fast and turned my front pedals into the ground.   

I am fairly large though 6-3  230lbs.  So others might not have that issue. 

Aside from figuring out a safe top speed I love the uni.   One other complaint I might have is I don't feel like it brakes fast enough and goes into reverse.   There is a lag if I try and slow and then rude backwards before it gives power..  Which makes a second of awkward balance.   Again that might be an issue because of my size.   

Lastly,  pad the insides of your shins against the top red strip..  That gets a little hard on the inside of your legs but a small inconvenience in my opinion.   

All said it's a great machine. 

9 hours ago, McDude said:

I have the IPS 191.. And i use the app that Kevin and another member of this forum developed.   That app unlocks the higher speed before the 100km riding..  But also let's you turn off the beeps completely. 

Where on earth can you turn off the beeps completely?

In contrast of @McDude experience, I feel Lhotz brakes hard if You ask hard and shape of the feel is something almost perfect, fits so well. But if You have an opprtunity, try one first. If You don't, seems like we have sellers markets, easy to sell forward any hq, like new, EUC.

I recieved my 191 today finally and after try it a little I see that the app don't have "riding modes" like ninebot.. I feel it very very different than the ninebot, (more difficult to me). I download Xima app and Xima holtz by Kevin and I do not see the option anywhere..

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Jaumebyn said:

I recieved my 191 today finally and after try it a little I see that the app don't have "riding modes" like ninebot.. I feel it very very different than the ninebot, (more difficult to me). I download Xima app and Xima holtz by Kevin and I do not see the option anywhere..

Thanks!

That's because Lhotz doesn't have different modes - directly. But if You switch between 10, 20 and 30kph, You'll definately notice a great difference in response. 10 kph setting is great, for learning to reverse, to start for beginners, etc even though I prefer to keep it every time similar, I think You should try those options after 9b1. Just because this is so responsive in comparison with 9b1. After You get used to 191 You'll feel 9b1 overflexible ,lazy, slow and unstable...

5 minutes ago, THA said:

That's because Lhotz doesn't have different modes - directly. But if You switch between 10, 20 and 30kph, You'll definately notice a great difference in response. 10 kph setting is great, for learning to reverse, to start for beginners, etc even though I prefer to keep it every time similar, I think You should try those options after 9b1. Just because this is so responsive in comparison with 9b1. After You get used to 191 You'll feel 9b1 overflexible ,lazy, slow and unstable...

The 191 is so flexible (like 7-8 in riding mode on ninebot) I was 3 in riding mode in my ninebot, much more responsive..

Also I tried to brake hard at 5 KpH approx and the 191 tilt back so much (I've been near to fall down) not stay flat like the ninebot, the same when you try to accelerate fast.

I think that the ninebot was more responsive

OK @Jaumebyn, thought You ment something else. Responsive is still totally different thing than flexibility or stiffness. @SuperSport, Rockwheel GR16 is probably the stiffest, I didn't feel any flex at all on the pedals. Alltough GR16 was very responsive too, these are two different qualities. But I agree with You Jaumebyn, the flexibility makes this otherwise very easy and stable wheel difficult to change forward and back (I'm still strugling...).

Archived