Any Ukrainian riders?

Richardo

Russian president Vladimir Putin has signed a law punishing “fake news” with up to 15 years in prison. The rule will impose fines or jail terms for spreading false information about the military, as well as fines for people who publicly call for sanctions against Russia. Courts would mete out the harshest sentences for fake news that leads to “serious consequences.”

The BBC subsequently announced that it was suspending the work of its journalists and supporting staff in response to the law’s passage.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/4/22961472/russia-fake-news-law-military-ukraine-invasion-casualties-jail-time

Mr. Putin signed a law that effectively criminalizes any public opposition to or independent news reporting about the war against Ukraine. Taking effect as soon as Saturday, the law could make it a crime to simply call the war a “war” — the Kremlin says it is a “special military operation” — on social media or in a news article or broadcast.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/world/europe/russia-censorship-media-crackdown.html

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Russian president Vladimir Putin has signed a law punishing “fake news” with up to 15 years in prison. The rule will impose fines or jail terms for spreading false information about the military, as well as fines for people who publicly call for sanctions against Russia. Courts would mete out the harshest sentences for fake news that leads to “serious consequences.”

The BBC subsequently announced that it was suspending the work of its journalists and supporting staff in response to the law’s passage.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/4/22961472/russia-fake-news-law-military-ukraine-invasion-casualties-jail-time

Mr. Putin signed a law that effectively criminalizes any public opposition to or independent news reporting about the war against Ukraine. Taking effect as soon as Saturday, the law could make it a crime to simply call the war a “war” — the Kremlin says it is a “special military operation” — on social media or in a news article or broadcast.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/world/europe/russia-censorship-media-crackdown.html

Funny how he's the one spreading the "fake news". But real news are the "fake". At this point he could make "rule" to everyone join the “special military operation”. And if you refuse, you get prison time... < So dumb. He can make any "rule" he wants at this point. (Just shows how stupid is to have governments) Small group of people ruling over other people, and they don't have a say what so over what's happens..

He can say that they are giving Ukraine "surprise party" at this point. Doesn't change that it's "war". Just keeps showing how wrong he is..

What does it mean when one country is taking over another country? By rockets, fire power, killing? > WAR (Anyone who has some sense knows that.)

NATO took over country's peacefully, the countries wanted to join.. No one made them join by threatening, violence.. > Not WAR

Everyone can see that. Anything that shows him in "bad" light is "wrong, bad". If one can't take heat, no point being in charge.

Just keeps showing how small putler and his muppets really is. Hope he dies soon, the world would be better off..

Edited by Funky

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3421203-split-developing-in-putins-entourage-as-six-oligarchs-oppose-war-ukraines-nsdc.html

Saturday, 05 March 2022, 18:55

Split developing in Putin's entourage as six oligarchs oppose war - Ukraine's NSDC

In the circles close to Russian President Vladimir Putin, a split has emerged, with six oligarchs publicly speaking out against Russian aggression in Ukraine.

That’s according to the Center for Combating Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Ukrinform reports.

"Western sanctions on Russia's elite, who are known to be the foundation of the Kremlin's power, have shaken Russian oligarchs' faith in their idol. So far, six oligarchs, worth $90 billion, have publicly spoken out against Russia's aggression in Ukraine. Over just one day, the assets of Russian oligarchs shrank by $40 billion," the report says.

Today, statements were made by Novatek owner Leonid Michelson, Rusal founder Oleg Deripaska, Lukoil owner Vagit Alekperov, Alfa Group chairman Mikhail Friedman, and his partner Petro Aven.

"But the most vocal was famous banker Oleg Tinkov: 'This is unfathomable and unacceptable! Nations should spend money on healing people, not war," he said in a statement.

As Ukrinform reported earlier, Italian police seized two villas owned by sanctioned Kremlin propagandist Vladimir Solovyov and oligarch Alisher Usmanov.

3 minutes ago, Paul A said:

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3421203-split-developing-in-putins-entourage-as-six-oligarchs-oppose-war-ukraines-nsdc.html

Saturday, 05 March 2022, 18:55

Split developing in Putin's entourage as six oligarchs oppose war - Ukraine's NSDC

In the circles close to Russian President Vladimir Putin, a split has emerged, with six oligarchs publicly speaking out against Russian aggression in Ukraine.

That’s according to the Center for Combating Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Ukrinform reports.

"Western sanctions on Russia's elite, who are known to be the foundation of the Kremlin's power, have shaken Russian oligarchs' faith in their idol. So far, six oligarchs, worth $90 billion, have publicly spoken out against Russia's aggression in Ukraine. Over just one day, the assets of Russian oligarchs shrank by $40 billion," the report says.

Today, statements were made by Novatek owner Leonid Michelson, Rusal founder Oleg Deripaska, Lukoil owner Vagit Alekperov, Alfa Group chairman Mikhail Friedman, and his partner Petro Aven.

"But the most vocal was famous banker Oleg Tinkov: 'This is unfathomable and unacceptable! Nations should spend money on healing people, not war," he said in a statement.

As Ukrinform reported earlier, Italian police seized two villas owned by sanctioned Kremlin propagandist Vladimir Solovyov and oligarch Alisher Usmanov.

At this point i would not be surprised that those "six" would have a some kind of "accident" & "excuse" causing them leaving so and so.. That's how world works.

3 hours ago, Funky said:

NATO took over country's peacefully, the countries wanted to join.. No one made them join by threatening, violence.. > Not WAR

There’s not single one country that wanted to join NATO for any other reason than AVOIDING war. They didn’t join to attack Russia. They’re staying out right now, when Russia is at their weakest point in decades. There’s one country in the world that they would least want to fight and that country is most afraid on NATO. Doesn’t take a genius to realize how stupid the lie is. But it’s like the church kept people in check by threatening with hell.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

There’s not single one country that wanted to join NATO for any other reason than AVOIDING war. They didn’t join to attack Russia. They’re staying out right now, when Russia is at their weakest point in decades. There’s one country in the world that they would least want to fight and that country is most afraid on NATO. Doesn’t take a genius to realize how stupid the lie is. But it’s like the church kept people in check by threatening with hell.

What i was trying to say NATO didn't start a "war".. They made them join "peacefully". If you had a option to join, witch would you join NATO or Russian red power? As i mentioned to us regular "Joe" it's to shit's under which country we live. Only thing changes are some good/bad rules in so said country.. And how good/bad is so said "government".

Ofc they are "weakest" at the moment, NOTO at least is being smarter than starting WW3. (At least till now..)

Don't bring in church and their big Santa Claus. :D This case putler being "church" and jail being "hell"

Even if Putin succeeds in the invasion, the Russian economy is severely crippled.

Russians will be relying on China buying their coal, oil, gas, energy etc.

Control of information to the Russian people is critical for Putin to stay in power.

Hopefully Putin will be deposed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-surrey-60608132

2 days ago

Mikhail Watford: Ukrainian oligarch's death investigated by Surrey Police

An investigation has been launched into the death of a Ukrainian-born oligarch in Surrey earlier this week.

Officers were called to a property in Portnall Drive, Wentworth, at about midday on 28 February.

Mikhail Watford, aged in his 60s, was pronounced dead at the scene.

An investigation into the death is under way but Surrey Police said there were not believed to be any suspicious circumstances "at this time".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17837907/russia-ukraine-mikhail-watford-putin-hit-list-fears/

Mike Sullivan

3 Mar 2022

Ukrainian tycoon Mikhail Watford found hanged at £18m mansion ‘feared he was on Putin’s hit list’

THE Ukrainian tycoon found hanged at his posh UK home told a close friend that Russian president Vladimir Putin had put him on a hit list, it emerged last night.

A female neighbour of 66-year-old Mikhail Watford said he had been worried for two years.

And she was “suspicious” about Monday’s death in the garage of his Wentworth Estate pad in Virginia Water, Surrey.

She also said Mr Watford, known as Misha, had been a pal of Russian billionaire Boris Berezovsky, found hanged at his home in Ascot, Berks, in 2013.

Mr Watford told her Berezovsky had been murdered by an intelligence agency.

The neighbour went on: “I find it hard to believe that Misha would have taken his own life. It doesn’t add up.”

Mikhail Watford
Image caption,
Mr Watford made his fortune in oil and gas

Police are probing the death of Mikhail Watford, pictured with his wife Jane, with the 'utmost seriousness' amid fears he could have been on a hit list

Police are probing the death of Mikhail Watford, pictured with his wife Jane, with the 'utmost seriousness' amid fears he could have been on a hit list

The exclusive Wentworth Estate where the tycoon was found dead

The exclusive Wentworth Estate where the tycoon was found dead

What will happen when they "take over" Ukraine capital? I don't get it? Sure they want to place "Muppet government"? And???

As i mentioned tis isn't game of capture flag. War will continue till one side gives up..

Edited by Funky

If citizens flee their country because they fear it being overtaken by another country, who is left to defend it? Would it not be a benefit for ALL people of a nation to stay and fight or die, to protect their homes? I'm not maknig a joke or pointing blame. I really am curious. Why do people leave a place that needs defended, only to say they will come back when its over? Isnt this similar to going on a long lunch break, in hopes the hard work is done by the time you get back? In a time of gender equality, aren't women just as capable as men, to handle rifles, prepare bunkers, conduct tracking ops and back line support? If a nation is still full of children, doesnt an attack on it, bring more compassion from the civilans of the aggressor? Shouldnt fear of impending invasion, solidify a person into anger and prompt them to stand their ground? All these suicides sound a little odd as well. If a hit man is coming for me, why would I commit suicide? If death is immenent, wouldnt you at least do something? Tell me Im gna die very soon, I think I'll take up some wonderfully bad drug habits and at least TRY to get a shot or two off when it happens.

Perhaps its simply the obvious. People get scared and run? Am I assuming to much, when I think that I would rather stand here, pack some ammunition and at leat TRY to make a stand, even if it means I'm another casualty? I'd hand my wife a rifle as well. Hopefully there's also be more weapons at our disposal from neighbors.  Perhaps I'm just full of sh*t and I'd also run away to let my neighbors handle it.

I truly am ignorant about all of this, cept the myriad of biased videos I've recently seen. Silly me, I thought Putin was a calm and rational person. I had NO IDEA that anyone on the world, still thinks its possible to invade and physically overtake another country by force. Isnt the world pretty much spoken for at this point? I know that you aint gna find any land in USA that isnt owned by SOMEONE. Of course, lots of it is owned by foreign nations, but its still 'someone'.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Seems like Putin is the type, when he gets desperate he does desperate things. It's uncertain what unprecedented sanctions will do to stir this guy up

• Like 2

Your feedbacks made me think about what exactly I was looking for in a 'non mainstream' take on this situation and I realized my real question was 'if Putin isn't insane, what could possibly be motivating him to do this stuff' - (I'd consider trying to recreate the Soviet Union basically an insane motivation)

Anyway it led me to this video which answered my question. It's a long explanation  more like a college lecture than a Vox Explainer.  I also looked up the speaker John Merschmier and he was a professor at U of C so that's an indication he isn't a total crank.

Anyway this video is about the Maidan revolution so not exactly current but it's enough to satisfy my curiosity. 

• Upvote 1

It's a terrible experience to feel watched in your freedom of expression. :efef585a74:
I also think you should delete all your accounts and recreate new accounts, for your security, reset your DNS, your computers, your phones, delete everything from your phones and computers (but keep everything)
The main thing is your security, there is a time for everything, you will be able to express your ideas without fear when this conflict is over, and it will join many other compatriots who think like you, but there, your president is really going to make a purification even inside your own country, using the conflict with UKRAINE to list the largest number of opponents to its power.

First ensure his safety, and then fight for his ideas. :ph34r:

"Any Ukrainian riders?"

Below one Ukrainian minipro rider, when I saw this guy on his mini pro,  gun in hand, he is a volunteer and his wife and child live in a shelter, it really affected me.

ukrmini.png.5f1e79d762e949f837bda23d1c8178c8.png

at 00:04:38

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-jt/france-2/20-heures/jt-de-20h-du-mercredi-2-mars-2022_4953156.html

Edited by jojo33
  • Like 2

Kinda makes sense why the public should have right to bear arms? Man, I couldnt imagine what it must be like, to ride an euc around with a rifle, worrying and watching. Hopefully peace will prevail soon!

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

A chilling interview of captured Russians. I wish everybody in Russia and especially conscripts would get to see this. 

Same time they could be "actors" with somewhat good makeup. Anything could be fake. :( In reality putin is trying to save the world. 

In Russia that would be 100% "fake news"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

If citizens flee their country because they fear it being overtaken by another country, who is left to defend it? Would it not be a benefit for ALL people of a nation to stay and fight or die, to protect their homes? I'm not maknig a joke or pointing blame. I really am curious. Why do people leave a place that needs defended, only to say they will come back when its over?....

AFAIK, Ukranian men 18-60 stay behind to fight. Women and children evacuate to safety. There maybe a number of Ukranian women joining the fight as well, but the topic of gender equality is less likely of a priority at the moment. Personally, I wouldn't let that happen to any female members of my family given the same situation. When the smoke clears, they would want to come back because there's no place like home. It's natural human sentiment...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Surfling said:

AFAIK, Ukranian men 18-60 stay behind to fight. Women and children evacuate to safety. There maybe a number of Ukranian women joining the fight as well, but the topic of gender equality is less likely of a priority at the moment. Personally, I wouldn't let that happen to any female members of my family given the same situation. When the smoke clears, they would want to come back because there's no place like home. It's natural human sentiment...

Sadly that's "IF" they still have a home to come back to, it "literally" can be destroyed(Shelling) or taken over.(Muppet government) :( 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Alright global community... I can't do anything about the war other than fret and speculate and worry. But I do have the ability to send money to help those that are helping refugees. I'm looking for somewhere in Poland that is directly assisting the refugees—not a bureaucracy if it can be avoided, I'm looking the ordinary people that are finding places for refugees to stay, feeding them, getting them medicine. Obviously the group must have some mechanism to receive donations. I don't care who they're affiliated with as long as they are trying to help the people displaced.

Hints? Clues? GoFundMes (legit ones!)? I sent an email to WW because he's in Warsaw, but maybe some of y'all have ideas? If nothing else, we'll send money to the Polish Red Cross.

Thanks

There’s a Reddit post by 6 Ukrainian fellow riders helping people with their wheels in Kyiv and needing help

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/comments/t7luzp/hey_riders_guys_can_you_help_us

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/06/russia-ukraine-war-news-putin-live-updates/#link-7NWGQVM32ZHG5IZR2XJOA3B46I

March 6, 2022

Ukrainian resistance ‘continues to surprise Russia,’ British intelligence says

Britain’s Defense Ministry said in an intelligence update Sunday that the “scale and strength of Ukrainian resistance continues to surprise Russia” as Moscow targets populated areas.

The Ukrainian military has hampered Russia’s advances by advising civilian defense volunteers to attack fuel trucks — which are unarmored and often driven by poorly trained Russian soldiers — instead of armored vehicles. Although Ukraine’s military is severely outmanned and outgunned, Russia has faced stronger resistance than anticipated, exacerbating struggles of its own accord, including supply shortages and low morale. Road signs have been painted over or torn down to confuse Russian troops, many of whom are young and inexperienced in combat.

In response to the Ukrainian tactics, Britain said there was a “realistic possibility that Russia is now attempting to conceal fuel trucks as regular support trucks to minimise losses.”