Ninebot One P Discontinued?

noisycarlos

As I said before elsewhere, I think they want to streamline their product lines with the EUCs. Too many models so maybe the new Ninebot A1 (in China), S2 (tentative for Intl.) is this new focus product. When I used to browse 9bot EUCs... I personally got lost in all the models and their differences. So this maybe a smart choice.

IPS could learn from this too.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, steve454 said:

From reading about the P, I get the impression that it was too fast.  My thought is that Ninebot realized the liability issue with people getting hurt and those people not understanding how to ride it. 

Ninebot was flooded with so many warranty claims due to unit failures, firmware issues and overheating of the P model that they decided not to compete in the race for the most powerful and fastest electric unicycle. They continued to focus on beauty instead of motor power basing their decision on historical sales figures which is actually a good move.

43 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Ninebot was flooded with so many warranty claims due to unit failures, firmware issues and overheating of the P model that they decided not to compete in the race for the most powerful and fastest electric unicycle. They continued to focus on beauty instead of motor power basing their decision on historical sales figures which is actually a good move.

That would make sense. They're keeping to 20km/h max on the new model A1/S2/whatever even with 2 batteries totaling 310wh. Safety first! I would personally like a max around 25km/h. A little riskier yes but would at least feel somewhat exciting.

3 hours ago, playdad said:

As I said before elsewhere, I think they want to streamline their product lines with the EUCs. Too many models so maybe the new Ninebot A1 (in China), S2 (tentative for Intl.) is this new focus product. When I used to browse 9bot EUCs... I personally got lost in all the models and their differences. So this maybe a smart choice.

IPS could learn from this too.

Ninebot got just one EUC but with different motors and batteries? C, C+, E, E+, P and now A1/S2... Not too many models and streamlined enough IMHO

6 hours ago, Vik's said:

Ninebot got just one EUC but with different motors and batteries? C, C+, E, E+, P and now A1/S2... Not too many models and streamlined enough IMHO

I think that is plenty confusing. LOL! You have to imagine that you're new to Ninebot and simply want to buy a good EUC. That's quite a number of options to have to try and figure out.

On ‎12‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 3:26 PM, playdad said:

I think that is plenty confusing. LOL! You have to imagine that you're new to Ninebot and simply want to buy a good EUC. That's quite a number of options to have to try and figure out.

That is correct (about being new to EUC thing) but I don't think that it just Ninebot that is the main reason for that. Other brands (IPS, airwheel etc.) and generic EUCs adds much more to a confusion.

But like with any hobby out there it grows up on you and you read and learn a lot about how things are in a relatively short time after you got interest for it.

2 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Probably old p clearance but if so not safe to sell.  It does note new MB on review but doubt it.

Yeah. I have a pre-order with speedy feet uk. Trusting them that I'll get an actual v2 model and not a refurb. We'll know in a few weeks. 

20 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

How do you demand to have a "V2" when you have no clue what was wrong with "V1?"

If the MB was bad, why is swapping a MB on an old P any different than getting a P with one already in it?

I'll tell you - it isn't.

N1p pro v1 is under spec it is the n1e+ control board which is for a 500w motor, as such it overheats to the point of destruction, this was unofficially acknowledged by ninebot by pulling the off the market, the source for this information are the many posts by reputable members. As such the v1 control board is defective by design for a 800w motor.

The NB1p pro is a good wheel, hopefully the v2 board is properly designed and will not self destruct or overheat.

What are your qualifications to make such a statement?  All you mentioned was hearsay from random people on the internet.  

That does not qualify your statement.  Some sort of assessment was done before the P was released.  We do NOT know for sure what the official problem was, and guessing based off what people on the internet told you is irresponsible.  

Again, You have no clue what was wrong with the P.  It was never officially stated.  So unless you have an official statement all you have to go on are forum posts - which are far from factual statements in most cases.

19 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

What are your qualifications to make such a statement?  All you mentioned was hearsay from random people on the internet.

That's a bit harsh. Cranium (& the appellation applies) , did some pretty exhaustive analysis of the P (below). It might be circumstantial, but within weeks of these posts, the P got postponed/pulled....   

34 minutes ago, chriscalandro said:

He doesn't need 'qualifications' to make a statement that's based on logical deduction.

If Ninebot P's were having cutouts it's obviously not because of the tire/pedals/chassis/handle/screws/washers/kanye/ISIS

I would've thought common sense plus a healthy process of elimination are 'qualification' enough.

ps. In other news, I just ordered a steak and it looks undercooked. I think it's undercooked but I'm not a professional chef so I don't have the qualifications to say anything. Bon Appetit!

Oh Sir Chris, always vomit coming from your mouth!  It's always a wonder how people can hide behind a screen and continually thrash other people.  Never seen a single photo with you on a EUC period.  All anyone knows is you just come to talk trash on the forums!  Keep talking.... No one cares!!  

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

That's a bit harsh. Cranium (& the appellation applies) , did some pretty exhaustive analysis of the P (below). It might be circumstantial, but within weeks of these posts, the P got postponed/pulled....   

Speaking of Cranium, I hope he's alright, he just suddenly disappeared from the forums altogether...

4 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

We do NOT know for sure what the official problem was, and guessing based off what people on the internet told you is irresponsible.  

We all ride electronic unicycles that could either spontaneously burst into flames or shut off at any moment and throw us face-first into traffic --- being responsible went out the window a long time ago my friend.

But yes, I'm speculating about the P problems. Does it matter to me what part of the P failed on the gen 1 P's? No.  I just don't want some gen 1 refurb pushed on me was all I was saying. 

Well in any case you have a used euc. So you will probably get either a new board of the same model or a referb of the same. 

Again, if you were not going to accept anything other than your demands you should have sent it back in the beginning. Not 6 months later at your convenience. That is the choice you made by keeping it when you knew it was potentially faulty. 

And for the record,

I'm an electronics engineer with many years experience. I live in NYC and was among the first to receive  a P - which I ride every day. Plenty of people here know me. Rest assured there is no hiding here. 

13178769_10206867015933986_5588832315996047529_n.jpg

@checho The whole ninebotmall page looking like a scam site... Could possibly be that they used that fraudulent site to get money from people and then dissapear,,,

I would be happy to be wrong here...

Did you pay by paypal or at least credit card so you can get your money back?

26 minutes ago, Vik's said:

@checho The whole ninebotmall page looking like a scam site... Could possibly be that they used that fraudulent site to get money from people and then dissapear,,,

I would be happy to be wrong here...

Did you pay by paypal or at least credit card so you can get your money back?

ninebotmall  not  scam!   we  accept  paypal paymnet ! how to scam?

becuae ninebot ask us  shut down website 

i  can provide  paypal   refund screen of pre order , such as s2 ,p  and shipped order ups awb no

btw,p factory price is 450usd

do  not  waste your  money  for high price

@ninebot2016 I apologize for any wrong assumptions. As I mentioned earlier I would be happy to be wrong. An if you are honest seller willing to support your customers after the ninebotmall page shutdown - there is nothing we should be alarmed about.

Archived