Painting pedals

Paddylaz

Hey guys, so the pedals (black, metal) on my Lhotz have been pretty scratched up through tight turns etc, and now have ghastly white marks.

im wanting to paint them out, does anyone recommend a specific type of paint or do I just grab any old thing from the hardware store? Spray or liquid?

Apologies for the extreme amateurism here....the last time I painted something I was 9!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2016 at 1:23 AM, Paddylaz said:

Hey guys, so the pedals (black, metal) on my Lhotz have been pretty scratched up through tight turns etc, and now have ghastly white marks.

im wanting to paint them out, does anyone recommend a specific type of paint or do I just grab any old thing from the hardware store? Spray or liquid?

Apologies for the extreme amateurism here....the last time I painted something I was 9!

I have not done this before, but I am in the same boat as you. I have gray, aluminum pedals and they are both getting many colorful scratches on them to say the least. Since my KS 18 is black, I am thinking to use black, spray paint for the pedals. I think the kind that is used for graffiti will work just fine because the graffiti artwork I have seen since a child is still looking good on the walls of some housing units back home in Philly. This is just my 2 cents on topic^^

I bought Plasti-dip, still on its way to my home, to give my NBO a new look. Will try it out this weekend and test it on the pedals as well. 
Will keep you posted on whether or not my attempt was successful.

Archived