Ninebot Mini (not pro) Review

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS69, even our president FP on Segway, oh course he was too stupid to turn it on first...and there are plenty of videos of segway fps...redundant is not a fail-safe, just extra cost, you are paying for two...

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron, great review.  I have the Ninebot Mine (not pro) and love it.  My problem is that one of the tires is now flat (slow leak) and after exhaustive search, can't find either the proper replacement inner tube (10inch 70/65-6.5 10/3.0-6.5) or how to change it.  Do I have to completely take the unit apart to remove the tire?  I removed the small center cap but not sure what type of screws were holding the larger white hub cap in place.  Google search not showing any video posted or others running into this problem but I don't want to mess up my unit just trying to fix a flat.  Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.

MetricUSA, I am about 88kg (which I know is over the recommended limit) but have not had any problems.  I've had it since February and primarily use it for taking out the dog and riding around my apartment complex.  I've charged it 3 times since I got it.  The Slime actually worked after a 2nd attempt.  The first attempt I don't think I used enough or spun the tire enough.  It seems to be holding up now.  I purchased through Gearbest and though they have great prices, the customer service appears to be only so/so.  The limited warranty was for only 60 days.  I was just concerned because I see so little information on changing out or replacing parts when we eventually run into problems down the line.  Hopefully, the user base will grow and help resolve these issues.

While we are talking mini here, I just received one yesterday, and enough good riding in, one potentially bad thing I found... If you have one foot on mini and you accidentally brush against control arm, you can really do some damage to leg, because your foot 'locked in' and no where to go and the mini will turn rather quickly, and twist your leg/foot, if you don't jump back quick enough! I suggest never stand with one foot on mini! And this thing needs a brake, so not to roll away when not on it...?

Oh since mini does not have extension arm, and you don't pay $88 arm above, you can use a strap to pull it along while off, or shorten strap and control it while standing next to it...

Today's trip traveled to and back from work. Going to work is all uphill going 6 km and climbed 150 m with four plateaus, used up 80% of battery. Recovered 9% just sitting for 3.5 hours, so starting for home at 29% and ended at 19% on same track, downhill. Problem with mini is in the twenty percent, it won't go over 14 km/h, kept vibrating my phone...and I don't think the claimed 14 is actually 14 km/h...much slower...

Upwdate: Then again a fully charged mini, beat my q3, home in record time, last night....

I wish I had the pro to now, compair to the mini...

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎12 at 0:03 AM, MetricUSA said:

While we are talking mini here, I just received one yesterday, and enough good riding in, one potentially bad thing I found... If you have one foot on mini and you accidentally brush against control arm, you can really do some damage to leg, because your foot 'locked in' and no where to go and the mini will turn rather quickly, and twist your leg/foot, if you don't jump back quick enough! I suggest never stand with one foot on mini! And this thing needs a brake, so not to roll away when not on it...?

Just looking at the narrow foot rest area clamped between high walls make me feel unsafe as it is difficult to escape in an accident.  The new Airwheel S8 is using bigger wheels which will have the same problem. 

The rumors Are now confirmed:

ninebot minis=Xiaomi (Not pro)....which Are Produced After March.....can Not be easily activated outside Asia!!!

you Need a correct -working telephonnumber from One of The Asia States The Xiaomi Is marketed and Sold in! 

without this number You can Not activate it...

some Germans have this Problem and it Is confirmed by their seller! At the end they got ist....but it was quiet a Problem! Ninebot seams really want to see only The Pro in Europe and America and installed some hurdles...

We might need serial numbers listed, I was able to get mine going obviously, in the US, this month...damn shame, they should only have one model, I think this is nationalistic of them...

Is this the big announcement we been waiting for????

On 4/19/2016 at 9:57 PM, KingSong69 said:

thats why it's so outstanding expensive....but also outstanding Safe!

didn't the Segway owner die while riding one of his own devices?

On 5/17/2016 at 1:29 PM, MetricUSA said:

We might need serial numbers listed, I was able to get mine going obviously, in the US, this month...damn shame, they should only have one model, I think this is nationalistic of them...

Is this the big announcement we been waiting for????

Serial numbers would definitely be helpful.  I'm having trouble connecting to mine and am not sure if the manufacture date is the source of my frustration.  It is obvious that the one that I had received from geekbuying.com has been used already (in fact, it's missing the charger and other parts) and already has a 6-digit bluetooth password set.  I'm striking out trying to figure out how to reset this, finding only some reference to flipping it upside down and powering it on, but having no luck getting past the bluetooth password step in the app.

On 1/31/2016 at 5:41 AM, Aaron Corsi said:

I've also noticed that the NBM takes even less effort to ride and is actually quite a bit less fatiguing after a very long ride. I rode 12 miles in one stretch one day this week and I could have kept going with no problem, I've ridden that distance in one stretch many times on my NBO and while it's not unbearable my feet are definitely sore and my leg muscles fatigued at the end. I think the easy ride is due to the fact that you don't have to balance it side to side and because there is thick cushioning foam on the foot rests.

That's interesting and looks like a real advantage. I have a hard time to believe though that sore feet are a consequence of the need to balance side to side, but can't figure a better explanation as well. 

Apart from wheel diameter, to me a remaining disadvantage of the NBM seems width. I find myself quite regularly in a situation where the 46cm width on my EUC is somewhat limiting my maneuverability. With the NBM it is apparently 55cm, not a big but I guess notable difference.

BTW, sorry if I missed it, but what is the weight of the NBM? 

Yes you are right about the width, it feels limiting, wider staonce would had been nice, but to keep the wheel base within shoulder width, sacrifices are made... What is the dimensions of the Segway?

In an attempt to somehow reset my NBM, I removed the battery pack.  The unfortunate thing is that the bluetooth password still has not been reset.  The upside is that the scooter appears to have been manufactured in 2015 (possibly March based on the castings in the magnesium).  So, if I can reset the bluetooth password, I should be able to connect my Galaxy S5 to it.

6 hours ago, jarz21 said:

Shipping weight was about 30 lbs, and the NBM itself weighs about 27 lbs.

less than 13kg is not bad for a device with two wheels and two 400W motors.

Hello my name is Joris or jojo33

living in Bordeaux France

i have a Xiaomi Mini since march

im forum active user on http://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/forum/61-ninebot-mini-mini-pro/

i post lot of data and information (manual, specs inside picture etc)  (all in french)

but since 3 day im creating a blog enterly dedicated to mini

in english/spanish and french

many interesting information here, i would like to know if you are all agree with me for include ones (picture or sugest) on my blog? I write your username and put the link to here?

exemple: " picture from xxxx member of lectricunicycle + link "

Can I do? Are you agree?

Thank you very much

when my blog is ready i ll announce here

sorry for my bad english level

cordially

joris/jojo33

inside mini from FCC 

Sans titre-1.jpg

Sans titre-12.jpg

Sans titre-17.jpg

On ‎17‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 9:54 PM, Niko said:

didn't the Segway owner die while riding one of his own devices?

Yep, second owner (not the original owner nor the inventor of it).

But that narrow footpath could be just as dangerous if he were riding a bike or on foot... Bless him..

article-1315518-0B60D492000005DC-924_468

2 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Sans titre-14.jpg

What the.... Serial port - just the right one to connect MS mouse 2.0 (in case your smartphone battery dies on you) :D

I know, I know. its a legacy charging from ninebot elite ;) 

17 minutes ago, Vik's said:

But that narrow footpath could be just as dangerous if he were riding a bike or on foot...

On a narrow bumpy path I would imagine that the width and double-track design makes it considerably harder to remain control over the device.

15 minutes ago, Niko said:

On a narrow bumpy path I would imagine that the width and double-track design makes it considerably harder to remain control over the device.

Actually he backed up to allow a dog walker to get past and one wheel slipped over the edge, followed by him.

From what I read it seems he was a really nice bloke, very altruistic. He had been a coal miner when the government forced a lot of mines to close. He used his redundancy money to set up the manufacture of a rapid deployment flood defence device, basically collapsible steel cages that could be filled with earth, sand, whatever as a barrier against a rising river. Thing is they stop bullets even better than water, and he made millions selling them to the military. The USA were apparently a big customer. He never forgot his roots and did lots to help his local community badly damaged by the loss of its industry.

Somehow, I think we might have got well past the legal crap in the UK with self balancing devices if he still owned the company.

Archived