russian metal Trolley+Seat for euc

I found very interresting metal trolley with leather seat attached on the top of trolley - for unicycles Gotway/Veteran, many different models (Msuper, ExN, Monster, MonsterPro and Sherman). Probably it suits to every euc which has handle in midle of case.

It looks like this:

photo_2021-06-23_12-02-59-2.thumb.jpg.499429c3f280636f083ebfd451071c80.jpg

more pictures of this seat You can find in Alexa Market shop: https://eucmarket.com/product/кожаное-сиденье-с-металлической-руко/

And here are my questions to You:

- does anyone have this trolley with seat (or only trolley) ?

- could You say something about quality, reliability, comfort of use of this seat/handle ? 

- is it stably mounted on top euc ?  maybe the seat sways while driving, or there are some other issues?

- maybe someone knows any video with this trolley/seat, I found only pictures.

Im thinking about buying this for my Monster v3, but dont know if is worth to buy. Price is not bad, 45% more than original Gotway foam seat.

Would be gratefull for any help and opinions.

Edited by Greg X

How structurally sound would that be?

The handle and outer plastic casing was not designed or constructed to be load bearing the weight of a person.

As well as downward forces, it would also be subjected to rotational torque forces from the rider upon leaning.

EUC's are designed to have the rider's weight borne by the metal pedals, metal pedal hangers, and the wheel axle/rim...... not the outer plastic casing.

• Upvote 1

Here's a video where they show a tuned wheel with a similar seat and trolley it around a bit. You can also browse their youtube channel "Pro Rider" for videos with seated riding (I didn't find a dedicated video about the seat). I haven't seen those seat in person but many people use them so I think they perform properly.

• Like 3

• Greg X changed the title to russian metal Trolley+Seat for euc

Presumably weight of the rider will be borne at the attachment points between the outer casing shell/wheel frame.......as well as the plastic case itself.

Cumulative damage from bumps/shocks/weight over time will appear first at the weakest point(s).

Perhaps the plastic is strong enough, perhaps not.

Time will bear out the result.

I’m sure at least some of the weight of the rider is still carried by the points as for the standing rider. In my own case, I have the seat for cruising, as I imagine many others do also, so for me anyway, no jumping involved; Murland Fish pedal hanger spreader plates also in there, to help spread the burden. The weight distribution over the various points should indeed perhaps be considered, as is the case for all seated riding, no doubt. The monoshell is pretty strong, when compared to the typical plastics used for the shells of most wheels.

Time indeed will tell.

Edited by Freeforester
  • Like 1

thank You for review :cheers: and for Adam's video, it shows quite well this trolley. 

He said this trolley is very solid and comfortable to use ("the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on"). Attaching to handle of euc looks quite stable, no wobbling. But it is new in this presentation, no informations how it will be after longer time.

Additional advantage is, that trolley can be used with or without seat, so when seat is no needed it can be unscrewed. So even if seat start sway after longer time or if turns out to be inconvenient in some way - trolley without seat will be still 100% functional product. 

If anyone else uses this product  please share Your opinion. 

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

• 3 weeks later...