Upvote for visibility function?

Hey all,

So seeing the "hot!" tag on threads got my mind going:

You know how there's these giant megathread for new wheel launches, where people go off topic, and really awesome informative posts just get buried in 50 pages of sometimes unrelated posts? 

What if there was a function that can sort posts in a thread based on the number of reactions to an individual post? (and then subsequently a link that resorts a specific comment of interest back into chronological post order). I figure that's got to be somewhat a simple thing to write in, maybe it's already a function of the forum too?

This would help others at a glance see the most valued posts for these megathreads. Keeping up with the whole conversation is nice, but sorting by top liked/upvoted posts would be so much more efficient for researching. I know I'd use it!

Edited by Denny Paul

16 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

What if there was a function that can sort posts in a thread based on the number of reactions to an individual post?

Reddit style? Might be interesting as long as it can be turned off. Context often helps.

I'd be tickled if I could bookmark a post so I can find it again!

Hmm the box thing that appears in big topics seems to do something a bit like that: (this one is actually the V12 topic)

image.thumb.png.6ef5e6034c1b5c6d9a03cab2f8008069.png

Expand (on the right) and you get a list of top posts. Not overly useful or structured/ordered, but I'm afraid that's all we get. I believe it can be customized, maybe something better can be done.

image.thumb.png.d4e4e1a46a8f18491d9fea5cb2fb90f9.png

Here's an example they give for the "thread marks" functionality which seems more useful. You can name them and everything.

image.thumb.png.a7c0c4e626abf53b8786f74687709983.png

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1