NYC Euc and car accident

mike_bike_kite

Let's be real for second here. If laws and when laws will be made, do you really think that these "small" euc's will be allowed to ride with cars?

Don't forget who are makings these "laws" big old snobs mostly. So i can tell you right now, that if you think it will be allowed.. xD Keep dreaming.

I would be really shocked if it's allowed somewhere. (Haven't checked..)

That's the sad truth.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Miko.cz said:

Im not familiar with U.S. traffic and laws, but are they ignoring traffic lights? rapid changing lines? limited rider visibility? (light, reflex, color...) etc. I think it was a hazard and example how to NOT ride.

Don't forget they are making video.. They need to showoff somehow? Or else the video would be SOO boring.. xD

57mph is 92kph....on a suburban street.

Rider behaviour has nothing to do with EUC's.

Issues for legalization of EUC's might include:

they can be incredibly fast, a small difficult to see vehicle, no licensing, no registration, no identification plate, no insurance, no training, no accountability, no testing of rider proficiency, mixing of EUC's on public roads, none of the requirements/qualifications associated with safe operation of a motor vehicle.

Endangerment to other road users and EUC's themselves.

Video illustrates some possible reasons.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Kamikaze_K said:

SOOOOOO many things wrong with this vid and none of them are the Tundra driver's doing.   No... he's not the Jack A**... you guys are.  Going down a road in a built up area @92kmh is reckless on ANY type of vehicle.  

The guy filming was going faster than everyone else, everyone else was going 30-40 in a 30, which is normal in the USA. Truck did a u-turn from the far right lane. Truck driver is 100% in the wrong.

Edited by TantasStarke
  • Like 2

Just now, gon2fast said:

The big issue I see is that all of the extreme riders post their videos like trophies and new riders come in thinking that speeding around in traffic and being a jackass is part of the culture. I don't give a crap if the next person chooses to put themselves at risk, just don't post the footage because it hurts us all in the end.  

It is part of the culture though. Same as how there's people who get a nissan altima for commuting, and people who get a nissan skyline to mod and race. One day we're gonna hit with regulations regardless on if these peope are posting these videos. We have unregistered vehicles that can hit 50MPH.

• Like 1

Bike lines and empty roads are my thing concerning traffic. The driver made the mistake we see everyday which is only checking for oncoming traffic (I am pretty sure that I know that street so I understand the unfortunate wide turn to "keep it moving").  

5 hours ago, Richardo said:

If you showed me the equivalent bicycle video I would have said "no shit. I'm never going to ride like that, im not an idiot"

Well some have more sense.. Some less

Sure you can have fun, but not around people/cars.. Go wild in woods. Only thing you can hurt there is yourself or good old nature.

5 hours ago, Paul A said:

Issues for legalization of EUC's might include:

they can be incredibly fast, a small difficult to see vehicle, no licensing, no registration, no identification plate, no insurance, no training, no accountability, no testing of rider proficiency, mixing of EUC's on public roads, none of the requirements/qualifications associated with safe operation of a motor vehicle.

Endangerment to other road users and EUC's themselves.

That's why i said, if you think it will be allowed to ride with cars.. You are simply day dreaming.

I'm also pretty sure there will be multiple class of euc's (More speed, less speed) variants. With different laws for each..

• Upvote 2

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to NYC Euc and car accident

Might be advisable to have video camera recording at all times when on the road.

Be it as a driver in a car.....a rider on a bike, EUC, scooter etc.

Ride/behave responsibly.

Road users with poor judgement exist.

Sur Ron Rider Close Call!

Jan 9, 2022

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Might be advisable to have video camera recording at all times when on the road.

Be it as a driver in a car.....a rider on a bike, EUC, scooter etc.

Ride/behave responsibly.

Road users with poor judgement exist.

Sur Ron Rider Close Call!

Jan 9, 2022

What was the fault of the car driver here exactly? Not knowing the future?

Edited by lubokkanev
  • Like 3