Airwheel x3 Review

JTerry

I've had the Airwheel x3 since early fall, and I have quite a bit to say on this product.

The Airwheel x3 was introduced to me last summer, and after riding for several hours, I was hooked! I purchased one from him and was zooming around while getting the hang of it. I never walk anywhere now, it feels good. After riding for about a week, I felt a cohesion between me, and my Uni. The product is performs great, and It took me until recently to feel "limited" by an entry level model. The Airwheel x3 is a great entry level product, I would recommend to anybody looking for short distance transportation, or looking for a fun time. 10/10 would recommend to my friends!

58 minutes ago, JTerry said:

II've had the Airwheel x3 since early fall, and I have quite a bit to say on this product.

The Airwheel x3 was introduced to me last summer, and after riding for several hours, I was hooked! I purchased one from him and was zooming around while getting the hang of it. I never walk anywhere now, it feels good. After riding for about a week, I felt a cohesion between me, and my Uni. The product is performs great, and It took me until recently to feel "limited" by an entry level model. The Airwheel x3 is a great entry level product, I would recommend to anybody looking for short distance transportation, or looking for a fun time. 10/10 would recommend to my friends!

I'm impressed, describing an airwheel X3's top speed as "zooming" certainly takes a vivid imagination but I'm with you on "anyone looking for short distance transportation" With a 132Wh battery it certainly is going to be very short distance transportation!

Yes an Airwheel X3 is every bit as good as most other wheels of half the price ;-)

39 minutes ago, Keith said:

I'm impressed, describing an airwheel X3's top speed as "zooming" certainly takes a vivid imagination but I'm with you on "anyone looking for short distance transportation" With a 132Wh battery it certainly is going to be very short distance transportation!

Yes an Airwheel X3 is every bit as good as most other wheels of half the price ;-)

Idk mate, It's a grand experience for entry level, if I had the funds, I'd upgrade to a gotway

The X3 has a very good quality for the price. It's OK for very short distance rides and people not exceed 75 kg. The battery has low capacity, the motor is limited in power. A wheel for light people, flat roads. If it meets this conditions it's a good choice. A wheel you sell in short/ mid term to upgrade to an other level. 

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome starter or second wheel. Not too fast to hurt yourself too badly, plenty of range even here in hilly San Francisco for anything except the longest crosstown rides. Looking forward to the power, speed and stamina of my IPS Zero 340 if it ever arrives.

• 1 month later...
On 4 April 2016 at 6:13 PM, WeeJ said:

x3 seems a great wee airwheel for kids.  

I would agree, light weight goes a long way towards preventing the BMS shutting down unexpectedly, but I would still caution to try not to use it much below half battery power, also see: 

What suprised me in the UK is that Maplin were selling the Airwheels for around £200 more than I paid for my KingSong 14C, which seemed ludicrous to me. However, the prices of Airwheels do seem to have plummeted now to a more realistic price.

Thanks Keith,  I will keep an eye on it.  He only weighs about 26kg so that is a bonus.

As he gets older and more daring (though is already wanting to push the boundaries)  we will look at getting him something more substantial.

What would folk recommend as the most reasonably priced electric unicycles?  

10 minutes ago, WeeJ said:

Actually a look at the post count in the brand specific section of this forum is pretty telling about what makes have the best support in this forum: in descending order from the most posts it goes, Ninebot, KingSong, Gotway, IPS with all the rest much lower. None of these are the cheapest and none are perfect so close reading of each brands quirks and faults is to be recommended.

Gotway followed by KingSong are, I believe the fastest, KingSong seems the safest and IPS is probably the cheapest with a good reputation. Ninebot tend to be the iPhone of the EUC world and the new, British, Uniwheel is showing the potential promise to be the Rolls Royce.

18 minutes ago, WeeJ said:

Thanks Keith,  I will keep an eye on it.  He only weighs about 26kg so that is a bonus.

As he gets older and more daring (though is already wanting to push the boundaries)  we will look at getting him something more substantial.

You can get a Lhotz for £699 which as far as I can see is the absolute best performance per buck you can get.

Mine has served me very well. Significantly more stable than most eucs too due to the thicker tire (2.5")

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Actually a look at the post count in the brand specific section of this forum is pretty telling about what makes have the best support in this forum: in descending order from the most posts it goes, Ninebot, KingSong, Gotway, IPS with all the rest much lower. None of these are the cheapest and none are perfect so close reading of each brands quirks and faults is to be recommended.

Gotway followed by KingSong are, I believe the fastest, KingSong seems the safest and IPS is probably the cheapest with a good reputation. Ninebot tend to be the iPhone of the EUC world and the new, British, Uniwheel is showing the potential promise to be the Rolls Royce.

Just my 2 cents, but I'd rate IPS probably on par with King Song when it comes to safety, although they have smaller batteries and less power. I don't own either, but maybe with the exception of IPS Zero (which was apparently redesigned from the ground up), IPSs seem to have fairly rarely failed, and the tech seems to be a bit ahead compared to many other manufacturers, aluminum encased mainboards, custom BMS built straight into the mainboard, 12 mosfets (or is it 6 mosfets + 6 diodes for keeping the mosfets cooler during braking?)...  If only they offered larger batteries, I doubt you can wire custom packs (at least easily) with the built-in BMS. 64-cell packs and 800-1000W motor and my next wheel would probably be Lhotz :P

23 hours ago, esaj said:

Just my 2 cents, but I'd rate IPS probably on par with King Song when it comes to safety, although they have smaller batteries and less power. I don't own either, but maybe with the exception of IPS Zero (which was apparently redesigned from the ground up), IPSs seem to have fairly rarely failed, and the tech seems to be a bit ahead compared to many other manufacturers, aluminum encased mainboards, custom BMS built straight into the mainboard, 12 mosfets (or is it 6 mosfets + 6 diodes for keeping the mosfets cooler during braking?)...  If only they offered larger batteries, I doubt you can wire custom packs (at least easily) with the built-in BMS. 64-cell packs and 800-1000W motor and my next wheel would probably be Lhotz :P

As i can See on Tony's Website...The Lhotz is now offered in a 680wh Version....

called 191plus:

http://www.ipselectricunicycle.com/bbx/222147-222147.html

don't Know where they put The 64 cells ...but it seams legit?

17 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

As i can See on Tony's Website...The Lhotz is now offered in a 680wh Version....

called 191plus:

http://www.ipselectricunicycle.com/bbx/222147-222147.html

don't Know where they put The 64 cells ...but it seams legit?

Plus, since I have the custom 768Wh-packs (4 * 192Wh), I plan on using them... so needs to be able to put custom-packs in (and buy without batteries).

Archived