EUC World 2.14 is out!

Seba

Improved charger controller

"...Now that it’s winter outside, after finishing your ride you should wait to charge your battery until its temperature rises a bit...."

Awesome! Thanks for incorporating some consideration of winter wheeling requirements.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rcgldr said:

The update changed the default voice to a higher pitch. Setting pitch to low gets it close to what it used to be.

What phone model are you using?

Hi @Seba!

I have the feeling that the current alarm (sustained) behaves differently on Sherman on this update.

My setting is 55A continuous, 82A peak (estimated battery current, phase current is not available anymore)
The impression is that it triggers quicker, at lower accelerations.

Essentially, that either:

• the battery current estimation is calculated differently
  • integration time for the continuous current alarm changed
  • delay before sounding the alarm was reduced

It could be me riding harder as the ice cleared up also, but I have to ask as I trust these settings with the previous version to keep me and my controller safe after being proven for months.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, supercurio said:

I have the feeling that the current alarm (sustained) behaves differently on Sherman on this update.

Nothing has changed in regard to alarms logic in this update.

delay before sounding the alarm was reduced

That's true. In this update overall sounds latency has been reduced.

It could be me riding harder as the ice cleared up also, but I have to ask as I trust these settings with the previous version to keep me and my controller safe after being proven for months.

I think this is the most plausible explanation (in combination with reduced latency).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 2:09 PM, rcgldr said:

The update changed the default voice to a higher pitch. Setting pitch to low gets it close to what it used to be.

21 hours ago, Seba said:

What phone model are you using?

Note 8.

when out riding my S18 the last couple times I'm getting an odd beep every minute or two (regular pattern - not like a speed alarm). 

It goes away when I turn EUC world off, comes back when its one - seems to only beep when wheel is in motion.  I haven't changed any settings.  Not sure if this is only on S18, but only wheel I've noticed.

EUC world on Pixel 3

edit: reminds me of a low battery type beep on a head set, which is what I though it was at first - but turning off any external speaker, the beep still came from my phone

Edited by Ben Hatfield

22 minutes ago, supercurio said:

It's the the new feature described at "heartbeat sound" in the linked article.

thanks - that 100% is the beep I'm referring to, I messed around with it's settings (on/off, volume).  Funny thing is though, it was off when I first checked, so hopefully stays off moving forward

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure I read that charging to 80% or even 70% and discharging to about 20% can extend the life of the battery by a lot instead of charging to 100% and discharging to 0(or close). And you are suggesting totally different approach. Can you explain why? 

Thanks, that's good to know, I am glad I asked, otherwise I would have kept doing it. I wish I remember where I read that, because I am pretty sure they were suggesting that method for EUC's and that's going to mislead other people too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, val4o said:

I wish I remember where I read that

I first saw it on eWheel's site, long ago. Hopefully the EUC community (and the ebikers as well) are getting the message, although I don't know how an bike's battery management system works. There are ways to do the charge so your individual cells don't get unbalanced—EUCs use the least expensive brute force method that works. Ebike manufacturers may spend a bit more money on their battery packs, I just don't know.

There are some BMS modules available for DIY batteries that can be set to balance the whole time while charging.  Our EUC BMS do not do that and only balance during the final constant voltage stage of charging.  This is why we have to fully charge to balance the cells.

My v12 very recently crashes EUCWorld when connecting. Any thoughts? I have the newest EUCWorld version. 

I can connect to inmotion app but no data gets reported either.

My firmware is 1.5.0. 

On 2/12/2022 at 8:39 AM, Waulnut said:

My v12 very recently crashes EUCWorld when connecting. Any thoughts? I have the newest EUCWorld version. 

I can connect to inmotion app but no data gets reported either.

My firmware is 1.5.0. 

Please send the issue report from the menu app. It may be a firmware-related issue, as Inmotion is known to introduce significant changes to the data frame structure with each firmware release.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1