Veteran Sherman Sur-ron Seat Install with Fabricated mounts

fbhb

You did a great job! This seat is looking great, very well constructed. If it rides just as fine as it looks it's one of the best seat solutions for the Veteran I have ever seen. Thanks for your write up. Very well documented and pleasant to read! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2022 at 5:01 AM, Dreygun said:

Wow what a write up! looks great!

17 hours ago, DKMotion said:

You did a great job! This seat is looking great, very well constructed. If it rides just as fine as it looks it's one of the best seat solutions for the Veteran I have ever seen. Thanks for your write up. Very well documented and pleasant to read!

Thank you very much guys for the kind words, it's very much appreciated to get such positive feedback.

In the past I have always aimed to undertake any significant additions/modifications carried out on my wheels to a high standard and each time have hoped that others may get inspired/help/or just a good read after following up the mods with a write up posted to the Forum! 

Glad you enjoyed the content.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 3

If the front was hinged, it would be solid as a brake hold. When need to use the trolley handle just flip up from the back and the the hinge swings up to reveal the trolley handle.

10 hours ago, Carlo Wong said:

Great job and thanks for the details. I’d be interested in the dimensions of the MDF blocks that you fabricated. 

@Carlo Wong thank you for your positive comment. I have edited the OP to include the dimensions you asked for, as fortunately I had scribbled them down during hand making each of the individual parts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Your wheel looks amazing, I’m looking forward to getting that Flickr account set up so I can get some pics of mine up. She’s taken a beating and some good falls, I’ve also made my own pads for rite above the front part of the foot to keep your feet in place after hitting bumps and going off curbs out of old foam bedrolls that I’ve laminated together with spray adhesive. I’m interested in where to get more or how to make more customized pieces and parts for the wheel. Like where’d you get that skirt that encompasses your unit? And what are those little balls on the front and back of your unit? I’m guessing bumpers? I used some screws on the pedals for studs and they work great for gripping the boots better but eventually I’d like to get some nicer fancy ones like yours. Too cool! Your post is excellent and you do great work, cheers:)

• 3 months later...

Here is my simple installation. Make sure to watch both videos. I really like the ability to lift up the seat at a moments notice. 

You can download the files to print here.

Edited by FlyboyEUC
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...