Tire for 18-inch EUC

Jed

The tire should have markings that tell you what size it is, for example it might be 18x2.125. You need to get one that will fit the rim properly and not be too big to fit inside the shell. Sometimes the knobby tires have knobs that stick out on the sides and those would rub against the shell, even though the tire is supposed to be the right size. 

@Jed the answer is maybe, but I don't think so.

Most motorcycle tires are listed/sold by the size of the wheel/rim (so the size of the outer circumference of the tire is larger)

https://www.denniskirk.com/learn/tire-sizes-explained 

Electric unicycle tires are listed by the outer diameter: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 inch outer diameter (and the 5 inch pocket gotway :) ) refers to the size of the tire with the actual wheel/rim being smaller.

However, bicycle tires are listed/sold by outer diameter, so maybe if the tire has a bicycle application you are in luck!

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

Here is the most promising route I have found: electric bicycle tires are usually sold by the outer diameter size: there are a lot of 16" ones available, as well as a few 18" ones, but most of them are street, not off-road, tread.

If you found a good source for an 18 inch off-road tire, please do share here!

Good luck!

@Jed the answer is maybe, but I don't think so.

Most motorcycle tires are listed/sold by the size of the wheel/rim (so the size of the outer circumference of the tire is larger)

https://www.denniskirk.com/learn/tire-sizes-explained 

Electric unicycle tires are listed by the outer diameter: 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 inch outer diameter (and the 5 inch pocket gotway :) ) refers to the size of the tire with the actual wheel/rim being smaller.

However, bicycle tires are listed/sold by outer diameter, so maybe if the tire has a bicycle application you are in luck!

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

Here is the most promising route I have found: electric bicycle tires are usually sold by the outer diameter size: there are a lot of 16" ones available, as well as a few 18" ones, but most of them are street, not off-road, tread.

If you found a good source for an 18 inch off-road tire, please do share here!

Good luck!

Now if only I could convince Schwalbe to make their ice spiker pro in an 18" 2.5" ! they make the winter in an 18" but it is too thin.

http://www.schwalbe.com/en/spikes.html

(I asked... Their engineers were very gracious but I wasn't convincing enough)

On 1/28/2016 at 5:06 AM, Jed said:

Hello members,is electric unicycle 18"tire as same as motorcycle 18"tire?l bought an off road Motorcross tire for my kingsong 18".looks like very large but I haven't try yet.

Bingo!!! "Mission accomplish",l have change a motocross tire to a King song 18A euc,so it will call

'motocross kingsong!image.thumb.jpeg.0f9e7937488fad81e1b4766

image.jpeg

Sorry, in the process of trying to remove all the extra copies of the original tire photo in @Jed's last post I somehow removed the ones in the original as well! :wacko: 

So @Jed is that the motorcycle tire mounted on your KS? Where did you buy it? I am sure some others might want do do this as well. A while back @EUC Extreme was saying it was really hard to find a knobby tire for his 18-inch Gotway. If it fits there it seems like this would be a good option, and it seems deep enough to take studs as well!

22 hours ago, Jed said:

Bingo!!! "Mission accomplish",l have change a motocross tire to a King song 18A euc,so it will call

'motocross kingsong!image.thumb.jpeg.0f9e7937488fad81e1b4766

@Jed Awesome work! That looks great. I bet the traction is incredible. I'd love to hear how it sounds on pavement too. Thanks for sharing!

This is the fift tire I search untill to a tire factory 120km from my home town.l already try so many shop but cannot get the right size.until l get into this tire factory.inside this factory there is so many many size of tire.the owner call me to search for my self.l'll been searching for almost 3 hours then only l get it.l was so happy and l spin my ks18A in the factory for a few round.the owner also happy l found it.l thought it was expensive but is not just RM280 only.

the weight is as same as the weight of original one.

the rubber is medium soft same as my trial bike motorcycle

very easy to put on the rim

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, EUC Extreme said:

Can you give the address of the place of purchase?

@EUC Extremeno problem to give you the address.but have to wait for another 2 days to go that place.it is about 120 km from my home.why? You want to order that tire?they told me that this tire is not for sale.but because their boss is not there that day he just offer to me only.but l will try to talk to them.

4 hours ago, Jed said:

@EUC Extremeno problem to give you the address.but have to wait for another 2 days to go that place.it is about 120 km from my home.why? You want to order that tire?they told me that this tire is not for sale.but because their boss is not there that day he just offer to me only.but l will try to talk to them.

Okay. So if I ask friends to pick me such, they do not sell?
Can you buy me and send?

13 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

Can you give the address of the place of purchase?

@EUC Extremeno problem to give you the address.but have to wait for another 2 days to go that place.it is about 120 km from my home.why? You want to order that tire?they told me that this tire is not for sale.but because their boss is not there that day he just offer to me only.but l will try to talk to 

6 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

Okay. So if I ask friends to pick me such, they do not sell?
Can you buy me and send?

@EUC Extremeplease be patient,let me ask them first,if they don't have this service then only we figures it out.dont worry l can send to you if they don't!is a small small world nowadays!can you give your address?

@dmethvinthere's marking on the tire,l check it out after coming back from church.

• 2 months later...

as i wait for the msuper v3 i maybe found some offroad tires. i didn't had the exact specs with me but a big local motorbike vendor found some at the last page of the tire catalog ... and the best about them they are named after Vee (@EUC Extreme:D

VEE Rubber VRM 174  they are available as 2.50x18 but not sure how good they fit the GW/KS.

these are marketed as Kids/Junior Motocross tires for small Dirt Motorcycles. seems to be a thai company but quite known in europe as they sponsor some prof. KTM racedrivers in austria/germany and had some wins at the Erzberg Rodeo. so asking in a big motorbike shop near you may help.

specs in german: http://www.veerubber-reifen.at/veerubber/275/89/reifen-daten.html?pfad=02030203

complete Vee Rubber catalog 2016 (page 29) http://www.veerubber.co.th/2016/?p=5517

174.jpg

Archived