ExtremeBull X-MEN 1800wh: 100V, 20", C30 or C38, metal cage, 68lb

9 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The plot thickens. I'm still not entirely clear how ergonomic this wheel will be with that top metal bar, but if the waterproofing is nice, it will be a really nicely built better RS alternative. Looks very robust everywhere.

The pedals say "Commander":D

Video by Denis Hagov.

yes it's really strong and well build, and finally a great stock tire (speed model)

Haha it's a true Gotway. Great approach, marred by truly inexplicable dumb decisions.

• Wonderful waterproofing, exactly how wheels should be built.
  • Stable frame and very simple and cool and easy-to-maintain/repair build (looks like the metal frame is attached to the pedal brackets, and the battery packs and top board box are simply attached to the frame, that's it - plain awesome).
  • That also means easy tire change.

But

• Speaker and beeper directly exposed to the wheel's spray in a remarkable display of "Why would anybody design it like this??!!".
  • Side pads are non-functional, and need to be replaced with something that is comfortable and useful.
  • "Please attach our useless mudguard with the enclosed zip ties":D

I think it beats the RS. Not bad!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Kingsong Russia said:

Oh dear...
From every direction, the surfaces funnel into a tight gap.
That's gonna jam with debris in a heartbeat :( 

Does Begod truly have no clue what our basic performance requirements offroad are??

If/when I own an XM, I'd be making a steel scraper plate mounted to the EUC frame, to ensure crap above a certain size doesn't get sucked in by the tire...

tucker_dale_4.jpg

Edited by RagingGrandpa

Hopefully/possibly a clip-on fender could be printed to go onto the round bar spacer/strengthener between the frame sides, but it is also going to require to be attached elsewhere on the frame?

Edited by Freeforester

On 7/18/2022 at 4:59 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Awesome, really curious what you will say about it!

Also, where were these two wheels bought? Is any NA seller selling them?

Freemotionshop received one of each as demos in their California warehouse and offered them to me.  They should get some more within a couple months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These are pretty awesome but definately need to find someone to print the parking bumper in TPU.  This one was crumbled and had to be glued.

received_592057769205378~2.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have this wheel.

It's a great wheel, like the RS, but on a frame. And in this problem, it's junk, not a wheel.

Several wheels came from China with a damaged frame. There is a very poor welding quality. Welding is done literally on the very surface and the frame falls apart from blows.

And of course there are problems: all the garbage flies into the controller, including water. There is no sealing of wires at the entrance to the controller case !!! There is double sided tape. The controller board is not always varnished. All this is of course removable, but the biggest problem is that the frame must be welded again.

photo_2022-08-08_14-15-36.jpg

Edited by spb
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I usually try to avoid being hyperbolic but I must say initial impression of this being a complete shit wheel confirmed.

Moreover, the destruction was already unpacking.
On the other wheel of a comrade, the frame was bent and the motor was asymmetrical. It's very sad that a great idea of a wheel is realized in such a way.

photo_2022-08-09_11-52-16.jpg

• Sad 4

On 8/8/2022 at 4:04 PM, spb said:

I have this wheel.

It's a great wheel, like the RS, but on a frame. And in this problem, it's junk, not a wheel.

Several wheels came from China with a damaged frame. There is a very poor welding quality. Welding is done literally on the very surface and the frame falls apart from blows.

And of course there are problems: all the garbage flies into the controller, including water. There is no sealing of wires at the entrance to the controller case !!! There is double sided tape. The controller board is not always varnished. All this is of course removable, but the biggest problem is that the frame must be welded again.

photo_2022-08-08_14-15-36.jpg

Should have named it extreme bull-shit 

Improvements included:
dismantling the cooling fan,
dismantling the plastic box,
installation of a ceramic thermal interface on transistors,
battery waterproofing,
rotor and stator varnishing,
bearing replacement,
replacement of grease in bearings with marine grease,
installation of seals,
speaker protection installation,
installation of a transportation / carrying handle from a metal-plastic pipe,
frame welding,
frame painting,
installation of a fender from a fatbike,
sealing the entrances to the controller housing.

The controller necessarily requires waterproofing work. all dirt and water will certainly get inside.

You can not get into the motor, the quality of the motor is excellent.

8 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Should have named it extreme bull-shit 

Yes, a surprise with a frame from a friend came as a surprise when he took the pieces out of the box when unpacking. But with Ali they send him a new frame. However, I was not used to taking risks and chose the proactive protection option, so I gave the frame to a welding studio.

However, the concept of the wheel itself is great. Yes, it needs to be improved, but it is fundamentally easy to maintain, convenient and excellent ability to dissipate heat.

Therefore, I think that despite all the shortcomings or features out of the box, this is the best! wheel on the market today. You just have to put in the effort

• Like 2

On 8/17/2022 at 7:36 AM, UtahRider said:

Wow, great job on the frame work and handle mod! 

Thank You ))

I decided to upgrade the arcs. in the new version, they will perform the function of protecting the footrest. As practice has shown, the frame becomes unusable when the wheel rolls head over heels. the arms will go closer to the body of the controller. And the carrying handle will be used from inmotion v5, attach it to the arms.

• Like 1