Looking For A Video Tool Make 360 Digree Angle

devil001

• 2 months later...

It depends on your budget and your willingness to work on it, but it can be done more than one way.  Two main ways would be video stitching: What Is Video Stitching ? | Reelnreel Video Marketing or buy a 360 degree camera.  Insta 360 gets good reviews; I personally own a 360 Camera Xiaomi Mijia Mi Dual-Lens Sphere WiFi Waterproof 3.5K Action Camera

If you want to do it yourself, it will make a cool project, but when all is said and done, your final product will likely look like a project.  Maybe you can get creative with your camera placement/mounting, and perhaps even do away with wires, but it will still be 2 separate cameras, 2 separate sd cards, 2 separate batteries to charge, and extra effort getting your videos stitched.  You also might need more than 2 cameras to get the overlap you need.  At this point, the cost in your time as well as the hardware might erode your will to proceed with this route.

If you spend the money and get a pre-packaged product, a lot of headaches will have been solved for you and it will be in a small single package.  It will likely be accompanied with stitching software and make it easy for you configure and handle the final product.

• Like 1

360 degrees of video require 360+ degrees of lens capture. Tackling that (as @ken-ny mentions), is going to take some big effort or a camera designed for it. I personally use a GoPro Max as it captures 360+ and stitches. I typically dont use all 360 degrees and use it more for being able to set viewing angle post capture. 360 view is neat, but the wraparound image it affords, tends to make viewers ill after a while. I've heard more complaints than praise when working in fisheye 360 video. Its like VERY hot pepper. Just a sprinkle will do, and too much, ruins the dish.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

If I understand correctly, you want to create a 360 video.  For that, you need a 360 camera.  There are many 360 cameras for almost every budget.  If you want more information, pls let me know.  I've been using them since 2015.

6 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

If I understand correctly, you want to create a 360 video.  For that, you need a 360 camera.  There are many 360 cameras for almost every budget.  If you want more information, pls let me know.  I've been using them since 2015.

360rumors seems to know whats up! ;) Entertain me. 

What is the top-of-the-line 260 camera? cheap budget 360 camera? and good middle-of-the-road 360 camera? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigWilly said:

What is the top-of-the-line 260 camera? cheap budget 360 camera? and good middle-of-the-road 360 camera? 

@BigWilly Funny enough, I made a video about that exact topic just a couple of months ago.  The information is still current, except that after I made the video, Insta360 released the One RS, which is similar to the One R except for the 4K Boost mod (which is comparable to Hero 10).  But the One RS 360 mod is the same as the One R 360 mod.  

• Like 1

Thanks buddy! Let me know if you have any questions! I’m passionate about 360 and one of the things I like about EUC is how so many riders use 360 🥹

• Like 2

@360rumors

I wanted to reach out and say thank you for sharing your comparison video on the different 360 cameras.
Thanks to you I bought a Insta360 oneX2! :D I'm super excited to start making content with it.

The main reason I chose Insta360 was for the video editing software. A lot of people said it was soooo easy to make/edit their footage. Since I have NO experience editing video, this was a HUGE plus for me.

Maybe you already made a video on this topic... but a good idea for a video would be to compare the editing software that each camera comes with. (After work) I'm also going to check out your other videos on your channel to see if you have any beginner guides on the insta360 Onex2.

Thanks again! Cheers :cheers:

• Like 1

Wow congrats BigWilly!  And congrats too for your upcoming S18!  Stay tuned -- I will have a video tomorrow that would be of interest to EUC riders (yes I will ride my EUC). 

Yes editing with Insta360 is fun on either a phone or desktop.  For beginner guides, I have one for the One R, but it will also work for One X2 -- 

And for editing on the phone app, I have another tutorial here:

And if you prefer to edit on the desktop, you can use this tutorial.  It's for the previous version of Insta360 Studio, but it still works.  I will make a new tutorial.

If you prefer a "real" video editor, there are several options, such as Premiere or Davinci Resolve (free).  I like Premiere but it's not cheap.  If you have any other questions pls let me know!  Thanks for watching my videos!

• Upvote 1

GoPro Max is top notch and my guess is possibly one of the best quality! You will need a decent computer or phone to edit the video and format it. I tried uploading a .360 file directly to YouTube and it will not work so you need to install a plugin to you video editing software.

34 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

GoPro Max is top notch and my guess is possibly one of the best quality! You will need a decent computer or phone to edit the video and format it. I tried uploading a .360 file directly to YouTube and it will not work so you need to install a plugin to you video editing software.

GoPro Max does have excellent video quality.  Re editing, you need to stitch the video using the GoPro Player app.  It will convert the .360 file into either a 360 video or a reframed non-360 video.  The downsides of the Max are huge file sizes (almost 10x larger) if you want full resolution, and lack of a microphone option.  See comparison here 

I completely agree that 360 cameras are generally much more fragile than other cameras. However, I do not agree that this makes them inferior as cameras for action sports. 360 cameras have a unique capability of being third person view cameras. That capability makes it better for most sports than a traditional action cam. 
The proof? Just look at almost all EUC and even Onewheel videos. Almost all of them use 360 cameras (as third person cameras) instead of traditional action cams.  I hope that someday the word action cam becomes synonymous with 360 camera instead of a GoPro Hero. 😀

• Like 1