Hoverboards banned on MTA

fearedbliss

31 minutes ago, esaj said:

I wonder have they realized that each cellphone also has a LiPo (not Li-Ion) -battery, that can catch fire about as easily... ;)

Not to mention Laptops with bigger LiPo batteries - the only battery I ever have had catch fire and it burnt a hole in my sofa!

what a ridiculous knee jerk reaction. 

8 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

Oh, you really don't understand, it's not just hoverboards, it is all battery drive vehicles! Hoverboard is just the latest added... Time to boycott NYC, don't tell me how I can/not travel!

Actually not even just electronic vehicles, it seems skateboards are banned as well. But I don't get what this means.. Can you still carry it but not ride it? That would make sense since riding on the platform is dangerous. However, I don't think this will actually be enforced. People have been bringing their skateboards, skates, bicycles on the train for decades.

• 1 year later...

Was denied MTA access on bus yesterday rolled up on my EU (first mistake) and the bus driver said no. usually If i carry it they have no clue what it is but this was the first and last time I roll up to catch a bus. Can someone post where MTA has this rule? 

Does this look like a dangerous flammable device to you?  :ph34r:  No, of course not—it's a padded 22" cymbal bag!

Fits my Inmotion V5F perfectly.    $69 at Guitar Center

When empty, this bag can be folded and stuffed into a backpack.  All of you MTA riders are now "musicians".  Darned heavy cymbals, though.

IMG_7259.JPG

IMG_7260.JPG

On 1/28/2016 at 2:54 AM, Cloud said:

As a form of protect i rode my wheel on the subway platform yesterday :)

very dumb! that would make it more difficult for all of us. Stop riding there. its people like you that causes this issues. I dont think anyone should be riding our transporter in any of this crowded places. I am sure pedestrians are complaining of people like you zipping by in the sidewalks and annoying them. so there you go. now no one can because of people like you.

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos... Cloud is a cool guy (and would be cooler if he magically appeared when I psychically summon him :rolleyes:).  Maybe it's time to give this PDF a quick once over...  I haven't read it, but I hear good things about it.

https://ia802304.us.archive.org/0/items/BooksOfArslanhowToWinFriendsAndInfluencePeople/ebookDaleCarnegie-HowToWinFriendsAndInfluencePeople19371981.pdf

A quote from the book :

"Sigmund Freud said that everything you and I do springs from two motives: the sex urge and the desire to be great."  

That seems to sum me up in a nutshell.  :whistling:  Or maybe I just have a great urge for sex.  Hard to say.  Hard to say.  :innocent1:

33 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Carlos, Carlos, Carlos... Cloud is a cool guy (and would be cooler if he magically appeared when I psychically summon him :rolleyes:).  Maybe it's time to give this PDF a quick once over...  I haven't read it, but I hear good things about it.

https://ia802304.us.archive.org/0/items/BooksOfArslanhowToWinFriendsAndInfluencePeople/ebookDaleCarnegie-HowToWinFriendsAndInfluencePeople19371981.pdf

A quote from the book :

"Sigmund Freud said that everything you and I do springs from two motives: the sex urge and the desire to be great."  

That seems to sum me up in a nutshell.  :whistling:  Or maybe I just have a great urge for sex.  Hard to say.  Hard to say.  :innocent1:

lol.  I have read it. lol.  I am actually the kindest person. Really! Maybe I need to stay of the board for a couple of days. lol.

33 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I agree!  Easy Carlos! Drinks for all!:cheers: Hunk's byin!

Yikes ... I hope this kinda thing doesn't spread.

No streets, sidewalks, or parks?  Does that actually leave anywhere else to ride?  What, do you have to go inside grocery stores or movie theaters or something to ride now?

Archived