Wheel won't turn off after getting wet

Paul Panait

38 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

Problema: dovuto prendere sotto la doccia gli IP per una pulizia rapida. 

Questa volta ho spruzzato di molta acqua e ora non si spegne. 

Eventuali consigli? ???

Maybe it makes contact switch starting of the engine ... put it upside down on a heater or a heat source

@Paul Panait

Problem: had to take in the shower the ips for a quick clean. 

This time I sprayed to much water and now won't turn off. 

1) Disconnect the battery as quickly as you can.

2) use kitchen towel to dry anything you can see is obviously wet

3) Then dry the wheel out in a warm dry place like an airing cupboard for at least a day

4) reconnect the battery once it seems to have dried out

5) keep your fingers crossed

3 hours ago, Paul Panait said:

Problem: had to take in the shower the ips for a quick clean. 

This time I sprayed to much water and now won't turn off. 

Any advices? ???

@esaj @Pagsy @csmyers 

@Keith already gave you good instructions above, hopefully you already got it sorted (ie. removed battery and set it to dry somewhere). It could be that the power-button was shorted by water (it should stop once it dries out). Also some of the wheels have pretty illogical way the power button works, for example with Firewheel the button seems to work exactly the opposite you'd expect: when it connects the pins the wheel is off, when it opens the connection between them, the wheel turns on :o  Noticed it when I attached batteries to the mainboard, and the power button wasn't even connected (the button wires weren't connected to the mainboard at all), and it turned ON! :D

This is weird. Specially because I used to ride on it in rain a lot and had no problems. Now the water splashes were much less. 

The down side is that I'm not home but in Helsinki and I need to go and buy a set of tools and really need to open it since it makes the beeping noise since last night. It just doesn't stop. 

Hi. 

After several hours of constant beeping, I had enough. The wheel has stayed on heated floor so I hoped that once is dry it will stop. It didn't so I have opened the wheel and disconnected the battery. Also I have basically opened every slot to see how well is isolated inside  

Once I have put it back together it didn't have any problems. :)) 

regarding the isolation, what it did get wet, it was the power button. Inside the wheel it was all dry and relatively clean. If water would have gotten in the so would have the dirt. 

Trying to open it I needed the following tools: 

- hammer and a long pipe so I can remove the pedal Axle. 

- Allen key 2.5mm For removing the little screw that hold the pedal axel in place

- Allen key 3mm to remove the 8 sides screws 

- Philips screw driver to remove all nine screws under the black stripe that holds the LEDs ( if you pull the power cable of the LEDs out from the wheel, you will find the connector) 

- kitchen knife or tough nails to work the black led stripe out from bottom up. 

PS: I am very afraid to get the first tyre change. It feels like a real pain in the a**

attached some pictures of close up opening. You will see where is dirty or not  

8 hours ago, Paul Panait said:

Although it probably wouldn't pass the actual IP65-tests, it looks like it's fairly well sealed (no dirt inside the mainboard compartment, what about batteries?).

Can't quite make out the model of the mosfets, looks like ST Microelectronics logo?  http://postimg.org/image/4m9xjhmtb/full/

2 hours ago, esaj said:

Although it probably wouldn't pass the actual IP65-tests, it looks like it's fairly well sealed (no dirt inside the mainboard compartment, what about batteries?).

Can't quite make out the model of the mosfets, looks like ST Microelectronics logo?  http://postimg.org/image/4m9xjhmtb/full/

Regarding the batteries, it was impossible to read what model they are, but I was curious to compare later with the 260/340 who models and see if I have enough room to put another set.

However, as you know I fly weekly with the Euc and now they got forbidden by more than 55 airlines that refuse to take them onboard, since 16/12/2015

However I was taking in the airport at the security, and they said that is mainly the Hoverboards that are completely forbidden due to the battery size. 

Regarding the model that I have they can clearly see the batteries in the scanner and the fact that they are not that big, worst case scenario would be that they would like to see if they are properly sealed as well- so the picture :)

Here is a picture with the best close up I have. Sorry, I didn't think to take better pictures of the mosfets  

Also, I was thinking if would be best to move this part of the conversation in the "mods and repairs" so others know how to react if they get the euc to wet or doesn't shut down. 

image.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Paul Panait said:

Here is a picture with the best close up I have. Sorry, I didn't think to take better pictures. 

Also, I was thinking if would be best to move this part of the conversation in the "mods and repairs" so others know how to react if they get the euc to wet or doesn't shut down. 

image.jpeg

Thanks, got it now. The marking is P75NF758, so I guess it's the same ST 75NF75, the one used in the older Ninebot-boards (don't remember if they changed it for the newer board). At least I couldn't find a separate datasheet for 75NF758.

Archived