GotWay Mten (gearless) factory tire problem?

I found the leak.

It is beetwen the rim and the tire on the side and just where the valve is.

I tried arround 1 hour to clean and polish the rim inside and also to clean the tire from factory debris of drilling the valve hole (greetings from QC); Maybe now it will loose not longer any air...maybe.

Let us know if you were able to fix the leak. :)

Just checked.....

only arround 0.3 bar left after 10 hours (max. is 3.0 bar for this tire)

I am tired of the tire right now.....will try again later today or this week

If you have identified it as a tyre bead to rim sealing problem then Slime or Oko will fix it for you. With the added advantage of future puncture protection for the life of the tyre.

It's probably an improvement. Punctures tend to go down much more slowly than with a tube. Plus tyre sealants work much better on tubeless tyres.

^tom^ did ask Jane and she said it had a tube but I get the impression that Jane doesn't spend much time in the factory and is more into the sales and PR side of the business. I have checked both of my Mten2's and they are indeed tubeless.

Mine have both been generously dosed with Oko tyre sealant now so should be great.

^tom^ did ask Jane and she said it had a tube but I get the impression that Jane doesn't spend much time in the factory and is more into the sales and PR side of the business. I have checked both of my Mten2's and they are indeed tubeless.

Mine have both been generously dosed with Oko tyre sealant now so should be great.

Jane hasn't been to the factory for months.  She's in her hometown in Suzhou.  Not sure what's up with that.

Jane answer is most the time: yes or no, or ask the seller.

And for for the inner tube her answer was yes, but there is no inner tube.

I now ordered eBay item 131346886915 Oko tyre sealant

My tire of Tg-F3 says 44 psi. My Nissan LEAF tire, which is way bigger is only 36 psi. Being so small for electric wheel, 44 psi seems high. Should I ignore it or do you think psi has nothing to do with tire size?

The clue is in "psi" pounds per square inch. The more inches you have (bigger wheel) the less pounds you need (pressure)to support a given weight.

The instructions that come with Oko are fairly explicit as far as I remember.

You remove the internal parts of the valve with the tool that they provide, turn the wheel so that the valve is at the 4.00 o'clock or 8.00 o'clock position, push the tube well down over the valve and squeeze the required amount of liquid into the tyre.

Maybe it's because I've used the same tube on lots of tyres but sometimes I've found it to be a bit of a loose fit but an elastic band wrapped tightly around the tube about 10mm from the end gives a good tight fit.

I then blow the tube up a little before I replace the valve internals just to clean the internal threads, let the air blow back out and screw in the valve and blow up to the required pressure.

The only problem I ever had was with my grass tractor tyres that used to pick up lots of blackthorn thorns through the tyres. Over the winter season when it was stood idle the holes at the top of the wheel would dry out and leak all the air out. But all I had to do was give it a quick spin to coat the inside of the wheel in the spring then blow it up and I was good for the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gimlet;

I did it.

I filled arround 190 grams of Oko in to the tire (as recommended for one tire), cleaned the valve, screwed the vavle part back in, filled it with air and drove in my appartment back and forth 5minutes.

Also let spin the wheel freely.

Now 10 hours later I still have enoug air in it to drive and it looks like pefect now!

Did you fill the M18 too with it?

I would not like to carry the M18 back with a flat tire from one of my round trips!

I haven't got around to dosing the M18  or the MCM yet. It's on my to do list. 

Both my Mten2's and my IPS132'S are treated though and I'll sort out the other two before I take on any long trips. Most of my runs are relatively local circuits of 15km or less and my son is always available at the end of the phone for an emergency pick up. :)

Archived