KS ISN code calculator (web-version)

esaj

19 hours ago, Shoe73 said:

If this is the case then I was totally wrong and @Berann Isa Son is in business!  Weird to put the locking in the app...

Finally, YOU'r right and I'm totally wrong !

A few minutes ago, I totally cleared my Kingsong's app memory and restarted the app. Then, despite my KS16 is 1057 km, it was impossible to set a max speed above 20 km/h (witch is the factory default). BUT if I close the phone app and start it again, then it's possible to set a 30 km/h max speed (without any unclock code) !!! So, the app is not unlocked (the "Speed limit decoding" menu item still asks for the unlock code) but the max speed can still be set to 30 km/h !!! So, you're right, it seems that the WHEEL is unlocked (and maybe the app need to be connected twice to "know" that the wheel is unlocked)... Weird behavior !

Edited by Addwyn
  • Upvote 1

I also want to mention, that the KS16 unlocks itself to 30 km/h after it has been driven for 100 kilometers.

That means, it does not change the set maxspeed by itself after this distance driven, but it allows the App to change the maxspeed to 30 after the wheel was used for more than 100 km.

I unlocked it that way (driving below 20 km/h for the first 100 km (or possibly it was 50, I can't remember exactly)).

2 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

I also want to mention, that the KS16 unlocks itself to 30 km/h after it has been driven for 100 kilometers.

That may explain why my KS16 can now be set to 30 km/h without any unlock code...

• Upvote 1

On 16/01/2017 at 7:30 AM, Addwyn said:

Finally, YOU'r right and I'm totally wrong !

A few minutes ago, I totally cleared my Kingsong's app memory and restarted the app. Then, despite my KS16 is 1057 km, it was impossible to set a max speed above 20 km/h (witch is the factory default). BUT if I close the phone app and start it again, then it's possible to set a 30 km/h max speed (without any unclock code) !!! So, the app is not unlocked (the "Speed limit decoding" menu item still asks for the unlock code) but the max speed can still be set to 30 km/h !!! So, you're right, it seems that the WHEEL is unlocked (and maybe the app need to be connected twice to "know" that the wheel is unlocked)... Weird behavior !

On 16/01/2017 at 6:12 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

That means, it does not change the set maxspeed by itself after this distance driven, but it allows the App to change the maxspeed to 30 after the wheel was used for more than 100 km.

I unlocked it that way (driving below 20 km/h for the first 100 km (or possibly it was 50, I can't remember exactly)).

thanks alot guys, i've skipped the KS-16 after all n got myself a used Inmotion V5+.

will observe to see how strict my country's new regulations on EUC, KS-16 is still my first choice))

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2017 at 5:59 PM, Addwyn said:

I've never heard about an automatic unlocking after a certain mileage and that's not mentioned in the KS16's user guide.

IPS wheels are locked to a max speed of 20 km/h and are unlocked after riding 100 km. However, it's not "automatic." The user must go into the app and select the higher speed limit.

Edited by MaxLinux

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Tom Volf said:

Hi, does anyone know how to unlock KS16S for 40 km/h ? 

Mine is currently unlocked but only up to 35 km/h. 

Thanks

You were misguided by the app, because Kingsong does not check which type of wheel is connected, so it always displays 40 km/h maximum (which is only possible on KS18).

Edited by HermanTheGerman

• 3 years later...
1 minute ago, Daniel Hollinghurst said:

Any chance this will work for those who are getting recent/future geolocks ?

No.

• Like 1