KS ISN code calculator (web-version)

esaj

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, fearedbliss said:

@xamino it would be an easier implementation if you just remove all : and then format it the way you want.

I considered that, but the algorithm works on pairs, and splitting by ':' automatically works correctly. The code has kind of gotten not as pretty as planned anyway, so possibly next time I'll look into that again. For now it works. :P

13 hours ago, Maestro72x said:

What does the unlock do? Faster speeds?

Yes. Without unlocking the KS 16 for example can not be set to allow speeds of up to 30 km/h. Unless unlocked it will start tiltback at 20km/h, which is actually pretty slow all things considered. I have an average of around 23 km/h for now, just as an example.

4 hours ago, xamino said:

I considered that, but the algorithm works on pairs, and splitting by ':' automatically works correctly. The code has kind of gotten not as pretty as planned anyway, so possibly next time I'll look into that again. For now it works. :P

Yes. Without unlocking the KS 16 for example can not be set to allow speeds of up to 30 km/h. Unless unlocked it will start tiltback at 20km/h, which is actually pretty slow all things considered. I have an average of around 23 km/h for now, just as an example.

That's why I was thinking that the implementation would be that the user entry part would be its own function where you can strip all of the ":" on first pass, and then add them in later before that function returns. Once the function returns the corrected/sanitized value, the algorithms stay exactly the same as before and just use the "pair based algorithm", so nothing changes :).

Edited by fearedbliss
  • Upvote 1

Hm, I could just go the whole way and strip anything that isn't hexadecimal. That would allow entry with dashes too for example. Ideally I'd detect the used separator and reuse it when printing the output again... Something for a free minute over the next weekend. :lol:

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just picked up a Kingsong 14C and was able to unlock the higher speeds, thanks!  I only have the serial number, so I input that first without colons but that didn't work, then with colons, and I got an unlock code with colons in it too. After removing the colons from the unlock code, it works! ????

1 minute ago, Berann Isa Son said:

i am thinking that if we were to use another mobile phone n paired the KS-16 to it, will the wheel be revert back to its lock state?

I don't think so, the phone app just sends the command to unlock the wheel. Pairing with another phone should not affect it. 

1 hour ago, Berann Isa Son said:

thats too bad, i could only get a new wheel instead of a used one.

anyway thanks for ur helped.

I recall even the new ones are unlocked for higher speed after a certain mileage (100km ?).

On 01/11/2017 at 11:31 PM, Berann Isa Son said:

I'm wondering if there's anyway to lock the speed limit to its original state of factory setting?

Yes ! That's very easy because the unlock code does not unlock the wheel but it only unlocks the phone's app ! Therefore, you just have to install a clean new app on your phone (and set the max speed of your used wheel to anything under 25 km/h) to be back in factory's initial state...

Your "locked" phone's app will not allow you to set a max speed above 25 km/h anymore. Thus, you respect your laws !

Edited by Addwyn

2 hours ago, Addwyn said:

Yes ! That's very easy because the unlock code does not unlock the wheel but it only unlocks the phone's app ! Therefore, you just have to install a clean new app on your phone (and set the max speed of your used wheel to anything under 25 km/h) to be back in factory's initial state...

Your "locked" phone's app will not allow you to set a max speed above 25 km/h anymore. Thus, you respect your laws !

If this is the case then I was totally wrong and @Berann Isa Son is in business!  Weird to put the locking in the app...

14 hours ago, Addwyn said:

thx for clarifying. but does the wheel or the app unlocked itself after a certain mileage (100km)? something like the ninebot mini, it'll unlocked itself to the max speed of 16km/h after a mileage of 50km if i'm not wrong.

7 hours ago, Berann Isa Son said:

thx for clarifying. but does the wheel or the app unlocked itself after a certain mileage (100km)? something like the ninebot mini, it'll unlocked itself to the max speed of 16km/h after a mileage of 50km if i'm not wrong.

I've never heard about an automatic unlocking after a certain mileage and that's not mentioned in the KS16's user guide.

Edited by Addwyn