Your EUC wheel journey?

No1up

Well I went from the S18, AR Nikola+, Veteran Sherman, Inmotion V12, 16xs and finally back to the V11.. 

Having tried the RS19 HS, 18XL, Mten, Nikola 84v. 

It's been fun, and I loved all the wheels as they came and went. My favorite was the sherman, and the s18. I gave up the s18 due to the small battery. I gave up the sherman because of the large battery, I simply don't ride enough to justify the 4k wheel, especially since 32mph is probablythe highestI want to ride. I'm giving up the v12 a very close runner up due to my back starting to hurt. I sold the Nikola because it was just too tubby. I just got the V11 in today, haven't had a chance to ride it. I hope I enjoy this suspension wheel. 

What wheels have you gone through and why? 

Edited by No1up
  • Like 2

The grass aint greener in my yard. Im going on 3+ yrs with the 18xl (or version of), and have no intention of replacing it. I've been almost as long on an mten and it sits here with another mten. I briefly wasted money on an s18, but hope to one day get over that, before I die. Then came the version 1 sherman. I still have it. I don t typically ride fast or far, but the sherman gives me plenty of headroom and ZERO range anxiety. I guess the only wheel I've had and didnt keep, is the s18. I was already leery of marketing, it didnt take long for me to realize what the euc game is all about. I've ridden a few other types and obviously they werent an upgrade(for me), as I dont own any of those.

18L>18xl>mten>s18>mten>Sherman. Got 4 of the 6 still today and ride them all no less than weekly. I honestly havent even been paying attention to the newest crap, aside from the fire reports and same old QC complaints.:facepalm:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

The grass aint greener in my yard. Im going on 3+ yrs with the 18xl (or version of), and have no intention of replacing it. I've been almost as long on an mten and it sits here with another mten. I briefly wasted money on an s18, but hope to one day get over that, before I die. Then came the version 1 sherman. I still have it. I don t typically ride fast or far, but the sherman gives me plenty of headroom and ZERO range anxiety. I guess the only wheel I've had and didnt keep, is the s18. I was already leery of marketing, it didnt take long for me to realize what the euc game is all about. I've ridden a few other types and obviously they werent an upgrade(for me), as I dont own any of those.

18L>18xl>mten>s18>mten>Sherman. Got 4 of the 6 still today and ride them all no less than weekly. I honestly havent even been paying attention to the newest crap, aside from the fire reports and same old QC complaints.:facepalm:

How do you use your mten? How many miles on them? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Started with a KS16s, ran out of battery and had to walk it over an hour three times.  Kept it for friends to use on rides.

Bought the KS18xl.

Five to six hours continuous rides and have never run out of range.  Don't even bother with app to monitor battery levels anymore.

16500 kms, tyre is still ok.

Wow that is a lot of mileage, nice! Yeah the range on the 18xl feels infinite 

• Like 2

V8F 1000kms sold

V10F 4600kms

Sherman 5500kms

Thinking of adding a big wheel if the Abrams gets sorted.

Then the InMotion V20 batch 2 ….

• Like 1

@mrelwood Since my walking ability is not so good due to bad knees, I have been thinking about a smaller wheel to routinely keep in the car most of the time. This would open up more possibilities for exploring an interesting area that I happen to notice while driving. Or it would just come in handy if I find I need to move around a big place like a shopping mall. I think a wheel that is on the small side but with good capability would be good for that. My weight varies between 230 to 240 pounds (105 to 110 kg).

I do not think the Mten3 would be good for this. It is just a fun toy for the driveway to practice riding backwards, or to ride inside if the weather is bad. 

I remember a discussion that indicated that the 16S is a good wheel for this purpose. So I was wondering how you use your 16S. Do you also use your 16S in a similar way?

19 hours ago, Scottie said:

remember a discussion that indicated that the 16S is a good wheel for this purpose. So I was wondering how you use your 16S. Do you also use your 16S in a similar way?

It almost is. I still own mine, but the other battery has failed (again), so it really is just for riding to the parking lot etc.

Although, nowadays I tend to take the V11 for that too. :lol: It’s just so much nicer in every single way that it’s worth it for me even if I have to lift it to my car with a bad back.

There’s one issue with the 16S design though, especially for bad knees. The part of the shell you lean against while mounting is very very low, so it creates a lot of sideways force on your leg. I had to DIY an additional support very early on at the top of the battery protrusions.

Mainly because of this I would much much rather use the V8F or V8S for this purpose. It’s lighter, more comfy, and has the leg contact point perfectly located at the very top of the shell. If 20kg doesn’t feel too heavy, the V10F is the comfort king in it’s category. Leg contact similarly at the very top, and as an addition it has much better riding mode adjustments. (Unless the V8F has the pedal sensitivity slider as well, but I don’t think so.)

The MCM5 V3 would otherwise be great as well, but it has no leg support at all, so it would require some DIY blocks in there as well.

• Like 1

My PEV journey in general was esk8 ownboard w1s (sold)> onewheel pint (sold) > onewheel XR > V10 (sold @ 400 miles)  > KS18XL (sold @ 1600 miles) > Batch 1 RS-S (sold @ 2100 miles)> V12. 

My fiance has the KS16x and for a while, we had an mten 67V.

Settling on the v12 for now. I've had my fun with the varying size wheels and I current feel I am at a good spot for speed, range, and quality.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RamonatheCat said:

What about getting an mcm5?

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The MCM5 V3 would otherwise be great as well, but it has no leg support at all, so it would require some DIY blocks in there as well.

I had the MCM5 on the list because people like it for road work from boats and airplanes ... small and powerful. But I think I am more of a 16 inch wheel guy for better comfort.

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Mainly because of this I would much much rather use the V8F or V8S for this purpose. It’s lighter, more comfy, and has the leg contact point perfectly located at the very top of the shell.

It was (and is) a bit of a toss up between the V8S and 16S because the specs are similar. That comfortable V8S leg contact makes me think hard. I am leaning toward the V8S.

image.png

Edited by Scottie

You're = you are

Your = belonging to or associated with any person in general

Yore = of long ago or former times

They're = they are

There = in, at, or to that place or position

Their = belonging to or associated with the people

Apostrophe takes place of missing letter.

• No1up changed the title to Your EUC wheel journey?

I didn't catch that 😅 

Who said the internet spelling police is useless, because I disagree! 

Edited by No1up
  • Like 1