Stand for my KS 16s

nebulabass

Many choices actually! My personal favorite (I have 3) is Black Crow stands—superior quality, super fast shipping, and if you need anything the seller is a forum member! Check the eBay store.

Of course, DIY is always a solid and inexpensive option. I probably wouldn't bother with a guitar stand, it can work but they generally don't hold your wheel vertical so it always looks like it's leaning on something.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2

I tried a guitar stand with my 16S and just ended up with a bent guitar stand. I then built something out of wood but it wasn't pretty. In the end I had a stand printed and must admit it made the wheel look like the centerpiece to a room. It also stopped the wheel from falling over every time anybody went near it. I'd recommend buying a stand.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nebulabass said:

Thanks guys. I just ordered a Black Crow stand from ebay. I was tempted to get a cheap guitar stand.

I think you will like it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@ShanesPlanetDo you have a fitting one?

No, I don't, but thank you for asking. I have a few mten stands Im giving away for mere shipping, but that is all. Black crowe has invested a lot of time and has done a much better job at managing that need, than I.

As far as guitar stands... they work fine for smaller wheels, but you are still resting the euc on its tire. The more OCD of us, realize that letting a wheel rest on its tire (extended periods), leads to flat spots...:facepalm: I have  few guitar stands, they seem to work REALLY well for guitars.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Thanks, I noticed that Etsy has a larger selection of EUC related things lately. ( Shirts,  key chains and 3D printed things.)  I opened a Black Crow store on Etsy too. I don’t have everything listed yet, I am still working it.  

Update: after $1000 in sales on Etsy.
Correction: I had an Etsy store. The fees are outrageous. You can’t adjust your advertising expenses and they charge a percentage fee that includes the price of shipping. So if you sold an item for $25 and it cost $75 to ship it Etsy would charge over $25 in sales fees. At least that is what I am seeing. Another way to look at it is that I make 800% more profit per sale on EBay. Or I would have to double my price on Etsy to make the same profit on Etsy. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:13 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I have a few mten stands Im giving away for mere shipping, but that is all.

@ShanesPlanet Any left? Can't PM yet, so let me know how I can contact you if you do.

And on-topic, another high endorsement for Black Crow stands. They are well-designed, custom fit for each wheel, solid, and very reasonably priced given the effort spent in design, filament used, and print time.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2021 at 1:13 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

letting a wheel rest on its tire (extended periods)

Unless you're measuring time in fruit-fly years, this is a sign that something is seriously wrong. It should never, ever, be allowed to happen. Except perhaps, to an automobile.

• Like 2