Hover boards confiscated

Makoben

I noticed in my local newspaper that customs seized 300 hover boards for copywrite infringement. The paper said LG claimed the hover board company put in fake LG batteries. Maybe this will get companies using authentic batteries. 

Mike

That's great news for the honest companies ! This started out with broad brush news reports blaming lithium batteries in general and it seems the focus has correctly identified low quality counterfeits as the problem . Now we have to wait for them to figure out what's what . Maybe I will see my EUC ......... In the spring ?

Too late on reputation....honestly I don't think it's possible to recover from this issue.   Nearly every person I meet references the hoverboard fires when they ask about my Ninebot.  As with most things in life it only takes a few to ruin for everyone.   Mind control (media :) has set in and has every parent in the US fearful ....it's hard to undo this type of hype as many failed companies have found

52 minutes ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Too late on reputation....honestly I don't think it's possible to recover from this issue.   Nearly every person I meet references the hoverboard fires when they ask about my Ninebot.  As with most things in life it only takes a few to ruin for everyone.   Mind control (media :) has set in and has every parent in the US fearful ....it's hard to undo this type of hype as many failed companies have found

Yes so true, the other day i was riding into my building into the elevator. There was a neighbor lady coming into the elevator with me. She demanded that i get out of the elevator as my batteries are going to explode right this second and she wont be in the elevator with me. She actually started screaming and i had to get out

10 hours ago, Cloud said:

Yes so true, the other day i was riding into my building into the elevator. There was a neighbor lady coming into the elevator with me. She demanded that i get out of the elevator as my batteries are going to explode right this second and she wont be in the elevator with me. She actually started screaming and i had to get out

That is actually pretty funny.  It was quite nice of you to get out of the elevator to allow her.  I wouldn't have though.  LOL.  I would have tried to educate her and if she refused to listen, she would have to take her fear and herself out of the elevator. :)

2 minutes ago, Cranium said:

That is actually pretty funny.  It was quite nice of you to get out of the elevator to allow her.  I wouldn't have though.  LOL.  I would have tried to educate her and if she refused to listen, she would have to take her fear and herself out of the elevator. :)

I think she was a bit tipsy, and reasoning with her didnt seem like a hood idea at the time :) 

• 2 months later...

Hey I'm Joshua a hover board repair guy,

Hoverboards don't just blow up because of a battery. When ordering cheap hover boards those boards use parts soldered on their electrical boards with a low heat tolerance only being able to be handle a small limit of current before overheating. People were leaving them on the charger all day and at 36V 4.4 Amps you can understand where that would run into an issue. Considering a battery for a car is 12V.

If you'd like more information about Hoverboards you're welcome to email me at joshuapowercycles@gmail.com or if you want a high quality hover board you're welcome to visit http://powercyclescooters.com/

12 hours ago, Stay1st said:

Hey I'm Joshua a hover board repair guy,

Hoverboards don't just blow up because of a battery. When ordering cheap hover boards those boards use parts soldered on their electrical boards with a low heat tolerance only being able to be handle a small limit of current before overheating. People were leaving them on the charger all day and at 36V 4.4 Amps you can understand where that would run into an issue. Considering a battery for a car is 12V.

If you'd like more information about Hoverboards you're welcome to email me at joshuapowercycles@gmail.com or if you want a high quality hover board you're welcome to visit http://powercyclescooters.com/

I've approved your comments for now, but in the future, please refrain from advertising your shop outside the Advertisements & Promotions - subforum.

Archived