New Member, just saying 'hi!'

Sympul

Welcome! You will find that it is absolutely possible to ride in winter, especially with an apparently-well-waterproofed-from-factory wheel like the V12. The best winter rider example on the forum is @winterwheel, who coincidentally is also in Edmonton. It's a bit more perilous to ride in winter and you have to dress appropriately etc. Unlike a motorcycle, however, you can escape the dirt and danger of winter roads and keep to the much cleaner, quiter and safer bicycle paths or sidewalks

Still, it's best to learn and start riding in spring indeed :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sympul said:

I did own a WheelMan about a decade+ ago. 

tra_wheelman_pic.jpg

I

Those things are back on the market and available again, this time battery powered:

High Speed Cyber Footscooter CIty Ride - Dualtron Man EX+ - YouTube

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sympul said:

Greetings to all you electric trend setters!!!

I have just recently purchased an InMotion V12. And I'm here to do a bunch of reading and a lot of info gathering. I'm new to the EUC world, but I did own a WheelMan about a decade+ ago. 

tra_wheelman_pic.jpg

It was a lot of fun, gas powered, off road capable and so much freedom to rip around the city. 

Unfortunately it was sent down a set of concrete steps without a rider (corner came up fast) and the shell cracked and the rim bent. Parts weren't easily available and it just kind of sat there for a long time. 

I moved on and got a motorcycle and that brought back all the feelings of freedom with the added access to highspeed roads. And I kept that for about 10 years... right up until a dirtbag stole my bike this past fall. :( (Cue insurance check incoming.)

And that's what brought me here. I'm in my mid 40's now and I want to still have the freedom that my bike gave me... but a bit more fun. I did a bunch of reading and spec sheet comparing and I picked the V12 because of it's distance capabilities and it's impressive build quality (based on teardown reviews). 

skLO52s.png

It's been purchased, but it's also winter here in Alberta, so I likely won't get a chance to put it on the road until Spring. In the mean time, I plan on doing a lot more reading, some tinkering, some online shopping and I'll be planning my rides for when the roads clear up. 

... I hope this is the right place for a post like this, just wanted to get my count up so I'm not such a 'noob'. 

And I wanted to test out how to post images, Lol. 

Thanks for reading!

-Sympul

Welcome to the forum mate! Everyone here is very informative. Judging by your post I'm sure you will fit in just fine. You also have a great taste in wheels the V12 is a beauty :)

Edited by EUCandME
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

Those things are back on the market and available again, this time battery powered:

High Speed Cyber Footscooter CIty Ride - Dualtron Man EX+ - YouTube

I won't lie... I did see it and thought about bringing back my younger years. But I like the face forward of the EUC, and that max speed of 70kmph... yes please!

I never had a bad spill on the WheelMan, so here's to learning new skills on the V12. 

Thanks everyone!

17 hours ago, yoos said:

Welcome! You will find that it is absolutely possible to ride in winter, especially with an apparently-well-waterproofed-from-factory wheel like the V12. The best winter rider example on the forum is @winterwheel, who coincidentally is also in Edmonton. It's a bit more perilous to ride in winter and you have to dress appropriately etc. Unlike a motorcycle, however, you can escape the dirt and danger of winter roads and keep to the much cleaner, quiter and safer bicycle paths or sidewalks

Still, it's best to learn and start riding in spring indeed :)

That's great news!!

Imma go and look this fella up and see what they've posted. Thanks for the tip! :cheers:

Welcome! There are actually a few winter riders in Edmonton these days, one of our crew battled snow drifts for two hours last week snow storm to get to work. Each way! This is a bit of what he faced:

His winter wheel is Sherman with a knobby tire.

• Like 2

Congrats, tho the v15 is like 3 times better:efefa6edcf:. No, seriously, it really is. Im being honest here, its WAY better as its got a bigger number and you've already got a v12 otw.  Oh well, you'll have some fun on the lowly v12 I suspect. Fwiw, euc's dont replacce motorcycles, and its kind of nutty and dangerous to try and make it so. I find the euc is between bicycle and motorcycle, with a ton of magic tossed in. The mten is between a skateboard and bicycle with stoopid fun added. Have fun and welcome to the nuthouse!:eff02be2d7:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 11:30 AM, Sympul said:

I have just recently purchased an InMotion V12.

Welcome to the forum and the lifestyle, and congrats on choosing one of the best wheels right away!

One thing I noticed though, you didn’t mention any plans about actually learning to ride… ;) The EUC is a single wheel after all, and has a much steeper learning curve than any (boring) two wheeled vehicle.

Just be prepared that it will take a while. And if you’re not geared up, it may also hurt a bit. :D There are great tutorial videos in YT, for example from EUCO.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I've watched a few videos on some tips if you're just starting out. 

I have an actual unicycle and I can get around on that just fine. But I think the e-version will be a little different. I'm looking forward to testing my adaptability and reinvigorating my core / stabilizers. Should be a good bit of fun with a bunch of falls and close calls. 

All Gear, All The Time. That's the rule when I rode the two wheel bike, and that'll be how I use the one wheel EUC. Can't wait to give it a go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sympul said:

I have an actual unicycle and I can get around on that just fine.

People that can ride a mechanical unicycle usually pick up EUC in a matter of minutes!

The new things to learn would probably be 

1) power limits of the EUC (the faster you go, the less torque can be delivered, leading to the dreaded overpower/overlean situations, usually all covered by the umbrella term "cutout", which is not entirely correct, since "cutout" should only refer to malfunctions/emergency shutdowns and not to the overpower case where the EUC still works but cannot deliver the necessary torque to balance you when you lean to hard) and

2) high speed dangers such as wobbles which usually appear when accelerating/breaking at speed and are more pronounced in novice riders, before the body adapts to prevent these phenomena.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2021 at 5:01 PM, Harryclaus said:

Hy all, I am new here.

Welcome and I home you will enjoy our community. 

5 hours ago, Sympul said:

I have an actual unicycle and I can get around on that just fine.

Welcome to the forum. I just bought an actual unicycle. It is more of a psychological experiment to see if I have the fortitude to learn to ride it. I  think the EUC may be easy in comparison. :efeec46606:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sympul said:

I've watched a few videos on some tips if you're just starting out. 

I have an actual unicycle and I can get around on that just fine. But I think the e-version will be a little different. I'm looking forward to testing my adaptability and reinvigorating my core / stabilizers. Should be a good bit of fun with a bunch of falls and close calls. 

All Gear, All The Time. That's the rule when I rode the two wheel bike, and that'll be how I use the one wheel EUC. Can't wait to give it a go. 

Oh boy, you are SO ready for an EUC! :w00t2:

52 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Something about studded knobby tires….

What wheel is that ?

It was an old GW MSuper, V2 I think, customized to bits.

That EUC Extreme guy is truly a legend! A motocross rider, so has a lot of gear from there, as well as a broken sense of what’s smart and what’s not. :roflmao:

That video is from 2016, unfortunately the guy hasn’t made any videos in recent years. But he has a lot of great content from back then, which I used to watch for hours on end when I started riding. Now I do it myself too, albeit only in a ridiculously small scale… And much slower speeds… And much less risk… :unsure:

• Like 3