GotWay MSuper2 improvement

Camon Jason! Why should we send our money to Germany to buy these angry gotways.

buy the way the site electric-sport.de is seling gotways for a reasonable prices if someone is interested.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe that everybody that buys gotways  or any other " angry wheels "  (like someone else cleverly called them in this forum),  for that matter should understand that they may need repairs that might incur in further costs aswell as they know they shoud use protection to avoid injury  . If you want reliability instead of performance you should go for airwheel or IPS.

I believe we are all early addopters but people that want " angry wheels" are pushing the boundaries of the technology and have to be aware and accept the risks involved. If you are not whilling to accept the risks , the angry wheels are not for you. 

I reckon everybody that buy one of this wheels should sign a contract accepting the risks and limitted warranty of the angry wheels. It is not fair that the liability should fall on the seller shoulders. After all we are all adults , this wheels should not be sold to children without parental consent in my opinion.

In my opinion, wearing protection is a must with any faster wheel, especially with the ones without tilt-back (Gotway & Firewheel). The Firewheel does not cut-out after the 28km/h final warning once the BMS is shunted, but there must be some higher speed where it either doest cut-out, or if it doesn't, the motor cannot keep turning the tire faster anymore to keep the pedals level, so it tilts forwards and probably still leads to a crash. I haven't had any crashes with the Firewheel with almost 300km ridden so far and speeds exceeding 30km/h, but probably will sooner or later, and have accepted it, plus wear copious amounts of protection. The idea that manufacturer or reseller would have any liability in such crash seems just ridiculous to me, if I take it over the limit or fall due to my own error, it's on me, not them.

As for the warranty, the moment you cut open the battery pack and solder a wire or short the mosfet legs to shunt the BMS, the warranty is gone. Void. But even then, I'd expect the warranty to cover the main board and other parts, if they were to break due to manufacturing error. If a part breaks due to modding or such, then of course it isn't covered by the warranty. So any mod on main board would also naturally void the warranty, also probably if you use other than original batteries, and high current or voltage breaks the mainboard, I wouldn't go crying to the manufacturer but just buy a new part and not try again to use different batteries. Most manufacturers seem ok with people replacing the parts themselves, even if they get new ones under warranty, so I'd expect the warranty to cover also the new part (again, in case of manufacturing errors, not modding or such).

I would be veey surprised if i found a manufacturer that would not void the warranty once diy modifications have been made to the wheel but if you say so .

​If the main board breaks due to faulty component, with or without modified battery BMS, I would expect it to fall under warranty. It would have likely broken with or without the mod in totally separate component anyway (referring mostly to the step down transformer chips that were burning in earlier Firewheel mainboards). Also, at least in the case of Firewheel, the battery mod just makes it a lot safer, as it prevents any cut-outs due to cold weather or low battery (that can happen in any speed). At least Gotway (and Ninebot, from what I recall) BMS don't even have the dangerous over discharge protection -circuit, which cuts the power the moment the voltage drops too low (which happens easily in cold weather or higher drain from battery, especially if the battery is low). But still, of course it voids the warranty on the battery if you have to do it yourself, but I'd still rather void the warranty than risk the wheel cutting out unexpectedly at any moment. I was worried that with the circuit bypassed, I could damage the battery due to too deep discharge, but hobby16 has assured me that the much more sane and safe low battery warning built into the main board software will never allow it to happen anyway (the wheel will decelerate, prevent you from accelerating and start shaking with "Low power"-voice message played back when the voltage drops below 56 volts for a longer time, which hobby16 told me is still a very safe voltage from deep discharge point of view, no damage to battery).

Archived