Amazon refunds all hoverboards

esaj

What a mess!  Worse is that this fiasco is impacting the importation of legitimate EUs/eWheels. Bizarrely they haven't removed any of the listings—one would imagine that this would be the first step in preventing offenders from selling in the first place.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/21/10806816/amazon-hoverboards-refunds

Kaye points consumers to Amazon's contact page for more information on the refund, but no particular brands of hoverboard are specified in the statement, nor were any other possible restrictions on refund eligibility. Amazon has yet to make a statement of its own about the apparent refund.

Wow. Well it's nice to know that Amazon will back people up if they buy through it. I wonder if they're forcing the sellers to take them back or just eating the cost themselves.

Next week's headline: "Horrible battery fire breaks out in Amazon product return facility!"

Totally offtopic, but @dmethvin, I just realized that your mileage in your signature is probably cumulative... I've been thinking before when I've seen something like "400km as of <a day week past>) that you've actually ridden something like 400km in a week or whatever the date was. Unless you've actually ridden 1033km since January 1st. :D

Archived