I want to buy a V10 even though I own 5 other EUCs, I have questions for V10 owners!

tenofnine

My worry is that the trend toward fat heavy bulky EUCs will be the future and something like the V10 will never be made again.

I like it's slimness, agility, pedal height, side lights, weight, etc.

I want to know if it's worth buying. Is it durable? do the pedals and hangers hold up over time? Are there any software or hardware issues I should know about? Does the trolley handle hold up?

I currently mainly use a GW Tesla and KS 18XL; both of those have proven to be very reliable and well made....was wondering if I would have serious issues with the v10 down the line. I'm looking to at least get 5 years out of it; I don't jump or drop off anything and I really don't do any off-roading. Also how easy is it to change the tire? (it looks like it would be easy)

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply.

1 hour ago, tenofnine said:

My worry is that the trend toward fat heavy bulky EUCs will be the future and something like the V10 will never be made again.

I like it's slimness, agility, pedal height, side lights, weight, etc.

I want to know if it's worth buying. Is it durable? do the pedals and hangers hold up over time? Are there any software or hardware issues I should know about? Does the trolley handle hold up?

I currently mainly use a GW Tesla and KS 18XL; both of those have proven to be very reliable and well made....was wondering if I would have serious issues with the v10 down the line. I'm looking to at least get 5 years out of it; I don't jump or drop off anything and I really don't do any off-roading. Also how easy is it to change the tire? (it looks like it would be easy)

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Hello! I believe I can answer a few of these for you! I use the V10F and i have to say the durability is amazing it is built like an absolute tank. I will use the past month as a snapshot. I have been riding and abusing my V10 on MTB trials. I have most recently had to bail off my wheel after using a high tyre pressure along a rocky descent. I forgot to reduce tyre pressure for offroad and the wheel began to bounce uncontrollably causing me to fly off (unharmed). The aftermath? Nothing! My wheel has the inmotion branded cover on it. The wheel has no cracks, no dents and only a tiny collection of scratches on the trolley handle.  

There are no hardware or software issues to be aware of however i will state if you are much over 200lbs i would consider a different wheel as the V10 is great for hill climbing but it does like to complain about overload and temperatures (Inmotion are very cautious with this). This will not damage your wheel in any way but still a notable point. You simply have to jump off hit the lift switch and then get back on.  

The new and improved pedals with the grip tape are actually very good. You may consider changing them down the line but its up to you. Regardless they are easily replaceable and hard wearing. For example i have at full speed clipped my pedal off a concrete stump and the pedal only suffered paint chips. no structural or alignment issues. 

My trolley handle has held up really well. It can certainly take a beating. It is worth noting my handle over time has become a bit wobbly when in the working position but it is still very usable. The clip that holds the trolley handle still grips it when riding perfectly fine. It does make a slight rattle when hitting hard bumps. 

Overall the wheel is a great commuter and surprisingly off roader. It is extremely comfortable and my range has not decreased whatsoever. It really is the wheel that you can zone out and just enjoy the ride/flow. 

With the amount of EUC's you have you are obviously experienced which would lead me in asking why not a v12? That is certainly my next step on my EUC adventure. 

Edited by EUCandME
  • Like 2

30ish mph is the limit I think is recoverable on EUCs. I have no desire to go faster than that and end up seriously injuring myself or a bystander. So that is why I have no interest in the v12....plus I already have the 18XL. Long range, heavy, stable, reliable fast, smooth, superior trolley.....it would be redundant for me to personally get the v12.

Thanks for your very detailed response, helped me very much! As I said the reason I'm interested in the v10 is for it's unique stats, it sort of bridges the slower mid wheels and the high performance upper end. I'm not a huge fan of how heavy, bulky, fat, and high capacity modern wheels are becoming. That much potential energy (battery packs) in a vehicle that will inevitably to crash/tumble and be possibly compromised is scary to me.

• Like 2

I like the question you pose, @tenofnine

on top of the benefits you mention, im interested in a smaller, lighter wheel to help friends and family learn when they visit. 

Wheels are intimidating in about 10 different ways visually! when someone who is on-the-fence tries mine and realizes theyre required to balance 50+ lbs on top of their other concerns, its a turn off to them. 

• Like 2

I have had three V10F so far and my problems with them were:

1st one died after liek 5 miles when it tipped over at walking speed and couldnt be switched on again - cause not determined, hard battery reset couldnt fix it, no burned FETs ect

2nd was returned when it started making horrible noises after 1.00 miles and many rides in the rain and through puddles - I thought it  was the bearings but I disasssembled it before I returned it and it turned out the source of the noise were the  eight screws that attached the shell to the hangers - they were barely tightened and much to loose. The bearings were perfectly fine. A factory fuck-up.

3rd came with drooping pedals from the factory - no idea why, it seemed brand new and never ridden. I fixed that with shims (cut-to-size blades from a  feeler gauge) and now have "adjustable" pedal cant.

other than that the wheels were fine and very reliable.

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

Nearing 5000kms on my V10F. Its 13 months old. I ride my Sherman on planned longer rides but V10F has proven very useful for impromptu rides. The weather here is always changing and having the wheel in the car, I can take advantage of any weather clearings. Random stops where I just want to take a peek around the block to see if there’s any better food offerings etc. Circle my neighborhood. I purposely park my truck further away and allow my neighbors to have better parking cauae I enjoy using the wheel a bit and can one arm it relatively ok. In group pics I can two arm the wheel over my head.

200lbs. I get 40kms regularly out of it. It feels good on narrow multi use city paths. It’s not a street wheel unless ur ok feeling slow. Amongst pedestrians, this wheel shines! I climbed mountain gravel roads on it and it does ok. Not fast but gets u there. 

Durability wise it’s ok. My shell is cracked. The trolley handle clips beak off. 

i am tempted by the V12 but the V12 isn’t light at all. The 2500w motor is heavier and then its 1800wh. I think V10S with a tuned motor staying close to 2000W and then 1200wh 100V would be AMAZING!! Flat battery on the side and keep the 2.5-2.75” tire it currently has. I feel the 2.5” tire gives the V10 a signature fun feel at low speeds! 

V12 being the the new design and scaling it down to V8 and V5 …

Probably be more interested in a 14” performance V5 at this point of my collection. Keeping the V10 and Sherman and then adding a gigantic wheel. Then maybe a durable 20” suspension wheel, hopefully made by InMotion.

Edited by Kekafuch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richardo said:

Anyone walk their dog or pick up neighborhood trash on the V10? 

I think @pico might use a v10 for his acrobatics but I'm not sure. That would seal the deal for me.

The V10F felt better at riding slow than the V8F I had. I think it’s about having the best fit for the purpose of your ride and V10F is good for my physical ability. Lighter is better for errands but you need a baseline for motor to move you and battery size to keep it safe. 

I can ride the Sherman slow on the sidewalk as well but many times the V10 feels more fun doing it. Especially at the low speeds. On a Sherman, 45kmh on a road path and it’s heavenly. 

I would choose the Sherman over the V10 if I had to give one up and considering the riding I do but if it’s about a certain use case, the V10 also shines. Thats why people end up w multiple wheels!! And why we should demand modular battery concept where batteries be used to power multiple wheel sizes!!

• Like 1