Hello. Just ordered an IPS 132 / F400. Software question

wret

After a little research I decided to get one of these cool little machines for my daughter.  She lives and works in New York city and commutes about 5 miles each way to work.  Driving and public transportation both have their drawbacks and when I showed her video of one of these things she got very excited.

I found what I think is good price and ordered it.  It is now on its way from China.  I realized after clicking the button that the specs for the one ordered list software that is version 2.0 while the current ads list 3.0.  Anyone know if there are significant differences or if the software can be upgraded?

Thanks

I ordered through dhgate.com.  Here is the description:

• Product Name: Intelligent transport Self-balancing Electric Scooter F400 BlackWhite Electric Wheelbarrow Electric Unicycle Free Shipping
  • Item Code: 199975219
  • Category:  Electric Scooters  Add to Favorite Categories
  • Short Description:  1.Motor Size:16inch Power: 1000W Speed: 16KM/H Max load weight:120KG 2.Battery Battery capacity: 400WH Driving Mileage:40KM Charge time:4 HOUR 3.Controller CPU:DSP X2 Balanced system:IPS V2.0 Gyroscope:MEMS EWS:acousto-optic rate- limiting Control mode:Vector/ sine wave
  • Quantity: 1   Piece
  • Package Size: 35.0 * 35.0 * 35.0 ( cm )
  • Gross Weight/Package: 15.0 ( kg )

Sorry about the disappointment. Hope your money is safe. For some reason DH gate and DX.com are out of stock on many Electric wheels. I saw some IPS deals on Banggood.com but not sure if they fill your needs. They do have IPS brand but don't remember seeing IPS 132. 

You bought the wrong model! The F400 is not the same, it's slow, less reliable, heavier, & because of the lack of top end power, if you accelerate too hard, the motor can cut-out. If not too late, cancel & order the 132 or the 131—the 132s battery pack, though with less initial capacity, has longer total cycle life.

This the one I ended up ordering.  It's supposedly already being shipped from Singapore.

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/ips-f400-electric-unicycle-self-balancing-400wh-scooter-1000w-motor-40km-range-white.html

The original order was eventually refunded by DHGate.  It seems that your money is pretty secure when buying through them.  Apparently they hold the funds until the buyer indicates that acceptable item was received.

The IPS models are a little confusing.  Hopefully this one will be as specified.  My biggest concern is range.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived