Took my IPS191 out on the ICE!!!!

Kells

Italian made Best Grip, model BG 1000 - I left them app. 1,5mm too out, but works fine, no breakages on the rubber yet and I put them on only 48 (or 46 maybe) to optimize the pressure on ice (if You put too much, studs won't have enough pressure to "sink" in to ice fully) - heavier rider needs more of course.

Just google Best Grip, manufacturers site You can find importers world wide.

I wish it wasn't such a pain to switch tires, I would LOVE to try this out but don't want to leave a studded tire on my EUC. Also wish they had those studs in smaller quantities than 100, I don't think I'd need that many.

In my area we're supposed to be getting up to 3 feet (90 cm) of snow this weekend so if you find a snow plow attachment for an EUC let me know. :D

@dmethvin - You have 191? Anyway BG's You just screw in and when the summer come, You screw them off. Simple as that. Are You sure model 1000 isn't sold in smaller quatities, because that's the shoe stud model - They used to be available something like 16 or maybe 24 packages earlier, nowadays here in 20 and 40 pcs packages. But You need that 46 (48?) anyway, spare the rest for next winter ;) 

Snow plower wouldn't be a problem, You carry a 60V batt ;) = 2x24V+12V equals two truck and one car fans :D

38 minutes ago, Kells said:

@THAUnderstood :) What do you use fans for?  I'm sensing a little culture variation between Finland and the US  :)

A plow here requires no power.  just a big blade, what are you referencing in Finland?

I'm sorry Kells, thought You ment blow instead of plow - plow is easy, but a yard... perhaps You shoud update to GW18 ;) Chears, it's friday :D 

• 1 month later...

Archived