Alloko.com trustworthy? / Help a newbie? ^^

Siedjeey

9 minutes ago, Siedjeey said:

Hi all, does anyone know if this site Alloko.com is trusthworthy? Has anyone ordered there before?

Been thinking of buying a Airwheel Q5 or Q1 there, one of the cheapest sites I have found with very low shipping cost!

Thank you

Why buy an Airwheel when you could get much better units for the same price?

Well I'm a newbie and a friend of mine has one and I immediately loved it so looking to buy one myself now...

I don't have the best balance so twin wheeled where better my friend said so I can more easily keep balance when standing still.

Which would you recommend then? I thought Airwheel to be one of the cheaper brands, at least on the sites I was looking: alloko.com and electricunicycleonline.com

2 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I suggest you to learn with a single wheel Like IPS Zero, Gotway MCM2s, GOtway MCM4 HS and the like. You will find a very good seller from Ali Express on the below link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1908673?spm=2114.10010108.0.37.1RcUlJ

Isn't it more difficult to ride single than twin? My balance is really not that good...

Also kinda rough terrain where I live so the cycle should be good on grass and a bit uphill as well. I don't need high speed or long range but do prefer 14 inch wheels at least. Any recommendations?

26 minutes ago, Siedjeey said:

Well I'm a newbie and a friend of mine has one and I immediately loved it so looking to buy one myself now...

I don't have the best balance so twin wheeled where better my friend said so I can more easily keep balance when standing still.

Which would you recommend then? I thought Airwheel to be one of the cheaper brands, at least on the sites I was looking: alloko.com and electricunicycleonline.com

It has been mentioned in the forums here that the 2 wheeled models are only better for the first week or so while learning.  As soon as you are able to balance, you will be glad to be on a single wheel.  BTW, one tip that I found useful when you get your wheel, use the strap while learning.  It doesn't help you learn but keeps your wheel from falling over every 3 seconds while you practice.  I used the strap and my unit didn't have a scratch when I felt like I was good enough to go without the strap (since then it has gotten plenty though).

Besides balance one of the other reasons why I think twin wheel would be better is the weather conditions here. It rains about 70% of the year so yeah waterproof and good grip is quite important that's why I was looking for an Airwheel Q1 or Q5.

But since I'm completely new to this, I am more than happy to receive you guys' advice and recommendations. :-) 

10 minutes ago, PTrider said:

Dont buy 2 wheels, you will regret it...

I can always buy a single wheel later on, if I ever master it... My balance is really bad though. It took me an hour or so to just be able to stand up straight on the twin wheel of my friend and another hour to go straight and make a really big turn lol.

2 minutes ago, Siedjeey said:

I can always buy a single wheel later on, if I ever master it... My balance is really bad though. It took me an hour or so to just be able to stand up straight on the twin wheel of my friend and another hour to go straight and make a really big turn lol.

That's not too bad, it takes time for most people to be able to do it. I have heard of people who took several weeks to be able to ride at all.  I haven't used one of the 2 wheeled EUCs but there is a pretty strong consensus on the forums that you should ignore them.  Search around here in the forum...

Can anyone actually explain why they prefer single wheel compared to twin wheel?

Logically I thought twin wheel would be better for offroad, slippery roads, and staying on the cycle when standing still at a stoplight for example? These three things are quite important to me tbh...

type 'twin' into the search box at the top of the page and you will get just that. Here are a few mentions of it.

On 7/25/2015 at 11:32 AM, Gimlet said:

Two wheels are so much more difficult to steer, have awkward sideways tilt on cross slopes and cambered roads, have great difficulties on rough terrain and are very heavy. 

Airwheels also have small uncomfortable pedals.

On 8/19/2015 at 5:34 AM, MetricUSA said:

Dualy are not for grass riding, only pavements/flats but are quit stable and you can stand still without getting off pedals, great for high pedestrian traffic. But I have a feeling because of weight and less battery efficiency, that there is two motors being used, will someone please tell me I'm wrong...

On 12/3/2015 at 8:41 AM, Jag_Rip said:

And I agree two-wheelers are a nice toy for 20 minutes... the twin-wheel EUCs go into the same category, while you can use them in a room or flat area, the real world out there isnt good enough to have the full experience, since there are tilted areas all over where a twinwheel just will follow sideways where a single wheel isnt bothered at all.

17 minutes ago, Siedjeey said:

Can anyone actually explain why they prefer single wheel compared to twin wheel?

Logically I thought twin wheel would be better for offroad, slippery roads, and staying on the cycle when standing still at a stoplight for example? These three things are quite important to me tbh...

Balancing whilst standing still is the one thing a twin wheel will do better. People who get twin wheels find them great whilst learning (i.e. For a week or two) and then, it seems, can't wait to get rid of them. In practice whilst waiting at a stoplight you simply put one hand on the pole, there is so much street furniture where I live I virtually never need to dismount from my (single) wheel.

However it is off-road, slopes, turning, etc, etc that handicaps a twin wheel. Imagine you are riding along and the path slopes down to your right, a twin wheel will lean over to the right and then try to turn right, you have to virtually get it up on to one wheel to keep it going straight. Off-road with bumps, roots, etc will have it going any direction than the one you wish to go in. The wheel may stay upright easier on slippery surfaces, but if one wheel slips more than the other, you will, again be fighting the wheel to keep its direction correct. On a single wheel there is a lot of weight on a very small surface area, that gives more grip than you might expect

Add to all this that the twin wheel is heavier for its power and range and there really is no advantage in them. 

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:42 PM, SlowMo said:

i think if you want buy Airwheel Q5 or Q1, you can buy it from Amazon is credible.

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 8:19 PM, Siedjeey said:

Besides balance one of the other reasons why I think twin wheel would be better is the weather conditions here. It rains about 70% of the year so yeah waterproof and good grip is quite important that's why I was looking for an Airwheel Q1 or Q5.

But since I'm completely new to this, I am more than happy to receive you guys' advice and recommendations. :-) 

yes, I also think the  twin-heel is indeed more stable grip, and perhaps you can be confident of the quality of Airwheel electric scooter.

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:42 PM, SlowMo said:

why do you think Airwheel it is not good, everyone has everyone's liking, just as the same you like ninebot.

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Siedjeey said:

i think you can buy Airwheel from amazon. because ie is so truthworthy. And which country do you live, you can ask your country  agents.

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Siedjeey said:
On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 6:19 AM, Love Cherish said:
On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Siedjeey said:

Hi all, does anyone know if this site Alloko.com is trusthworthy? Has anyone ordered there before?

Been thinking of buying a Airwheel Q5 or Q1 there, one of the cheapest sites I have found with very low shipping cost!

Thank you

hello? i have asked our staffs, Alloko.com is not our Dealer, we suggest you buy airwheel dorm local distributor.

On Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Siedjeey said:

Thank you

8 hours ago, Lisny Abby said:

why do you think Airwheel it is not good, everyone has everyone's liking, just as the same you like ninebot.

i think you can buy Airwheel from amazon. because ie is so truthworthy. And which country do you live, you can ask your country  agents.

Well, in my country there is only one local dealer and he is WAY too expensive. I can easily save € 300 or more by buying from electricunicycleonline.com...

Currently not sure what brand I should get, too many to choose from. Most important thing for me is cruising real easily on a nice summer day.

Read this topic about the company where u want to order.

forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/1490-electricunicycleonlinecom-dishonest-or-honest-seller/

I also have problems with this company. But still not post mine story. But mine story is similar to Viti. 

If going for twin or dually, look at inmotion, same price performance, but more features... I don't regret a dually, at all, you can stand still on one and easier to mount, no bending over, I do wish I bought inmotion, but it's a speed thing, and even most singles only go 15 km, but I am getting by with that... As with the original question...never heard of alloko...

On January 21, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Siedjeey said:

In my view, a bigger sized wheel like an 18inch wheel is best for Offroad riding as it offers more support and comfort than a 14inch wheel. Keep in mind that a 14inch wheel is harder to ride offroad due to the lower stance of the wheel vs an 18inch wheel. But with your price range for a wheel, a 14inch wheel or maybe 16inch may be in your budget. You really need to decide what you intended to you your wheel for. A twin may be better support for slippery roads, but single wheel unicycles work just as well. By learning to mount and dismount will take care of your stoplight example. This should be a must for either single or double wheeled unicycles. It's part of basics. 

Archived