IPS Lhotz 340wh from Amazon

adhermes

So I received my IPS LHOTZ from Amazon yesterday (yay for 24 hour delivery!) and spent a few hours riding it today with a friend. I thought I would give some impression and compare it to my King Song 840wh 800w 14" unit. 

• Beautiful- the case and aesthetic is simply gorgeous on this unit. The King Song doesn't even compare in this department. 10/10 for sure. 
  • Smoothness of ride- Man is it smooth! The 2.5" tire makes for such a nice ride. I much prefer the actual ride on this unit to my King Song by quite a bit. Bumps and riding in the grass are no problem on this unit.
  • Power- the unit is surprisingly powerful for climbing and acceleration. I haven't really felt a difference between this one and the King Song yet. 
  • Speed- this is a mark against the unit, at least for now. I haven't ridden the 50KM yet so I'm stuck at an 18KM/H tilt back, which feels quite slow to be honest. I will update this part of my impression once I unlock the advanced mode. 
  • Bluetooth/App- This stinks. Only the IAMIPS app works, which is not near as nice of an APP as the LHOTZ or Xima apps. It constantly disconnects and then fails to find the wheel. I have to stop, power off the unit, force close the application, turn off my bluetooth on my phone, turn it back on, turn the wheel back on, and relaunch the application just to get it to reconnect. HUGE pain. The user created app does NOT work on this unit. 
  • TiltBack- The tiltback on this model is pretty smooth and you really can't force through the tilt back. Definitely has a more pronounced feeling of tiltback compared to the King Song.
  • Handling- handling is great. The ride is smooth and the unit is near-silent, especially compared to my King Song. I have no problems doing extremely tight turns on this unit. 

Cons:

• No headlight/break light. This really stinks and will require me to purchase one for my helmet. Annoying, but certainly not a deal breaker
  • Until unlocked, very low speed
  • Bluetooth stinks
  • No speakers
  • Side padding is awful (non-issue for me because I always wear shin guards and high top hiking boots)

Pro's:

• Extremely comfortable / great pedals! No need to add grip tape to the pedals
  • Gorgeous - definitely turns heads
  • LED lights are sweet looking
  • Fast charging - app better than King Song app but connectivity issues ruins it
  • Price is pretty good (sub $1000 on Amazon delivered) / great return policy.

Overall, better than the Ninebot E+ for roughly the same price (my friend just bought an E+ and it's definitely good, but I prefer the larger tire and aesthetics of the LHOTZ)

With all this being said, unless after unlocking it feels substantially faster, I will be returning it in favor of an 1100w King Song KS18A with 1360wh battery. Hopefully this review helps potential owners make a decision!

• 2 weeks later...

The only downside appears to be the name ... seriously, what were they thinking? Maybe it's Chinese for "fire breathing dragon" or something similar ...

Archived