Is this Chao Yang tire in 16x2.50 known for poor efficiency?

mhpr262

Because holy crap ever since I mounted it it feels like my V10F has lost more than 20% of range compared to the original typical generic EUC tire it came with from the Inmotion factory. I hate how it rides too, wobbly and poor directional stability while also not very keen on turns and leaning. The first 100km or so felt like I had forgotten how to ride EUCs.

Does anybody know the manufacturer name/code/number for this tire so I can avoid it in the future? Also, what are better tires for a V10F, and can you give me a source somewhere in central Europe for one of them?

chao yang 16x2.50.jpg

The tire in picture is two inches too big in diameter for a V10F, which might explain your bad experience :D. Seriously, it looks like a Chao Yang Tires (CYT) H-5102. I haven't tried it. If I remember correctly, somebody (@mrelwood?) said it didn't have very good traction on a wet ground. Kenda K-1039, CYT H-5146 and CYT H-5167 are very liked tires.

Edited by Eucner
typo

Chaoyang  are more bouncy, minimum PSI is 35 instead of 40 of the other manufacturers. they are likely to have more friction area compared to Kenda.

personally with Chao Yang I would go thinner, I think I have a 16 x 1.95 on my GT16 and it very nice to ride, bouncy and comfy...

The default V10F tire is square and very hard to lean and tough. I would go for minimum a CYT 16 x 2.15 or if you want to see it manouver like a V8 put a 1.95" tire.