My brother keeps trying to get me to by one. .... I keep saying I will but ..... It hasn't happened yet. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

My brother keeps trying to get me to by one. .... I keep saying I will but ..... It hasn't happened yet. :rolleyes:

Trust your bother.  My favorite game so far - Drunkn Bar Fights.  I'm exhausted from knocking the virtual crap out of a bunch of strangers but feeling a strange sense of calm . . . .

6 hours ago, Lex Smith said:

I think this is going to be my 'go to' activity when it's raining :-)

Was thinking all I need now is an EUC themed VR experience . . .

I bought the first Quest to deal with no riding during the winter. Had to switch to Quest 2 when it came out. My second favorite toy! I mostly play Eleven Table Tennis for exercise. Another favorites are In Death: Unchained and I Expect You To Die 1 and 2. 

If you want something that mostly feels like riding there’s a game for wingsuit flying called Rush. Also, Carve seems to have nice physics for snowboarding but I haven’t played it much yet. 

I'm hooked on Demeo. Dungeons crawler type board game with animations.  Every game is different, every time and still have yet to run into a troll or toxic personality online

Edited by Dreygun

On 11/2/2021 at 5:20 PM, RockyTop said:

I introduced VR to my son. He ended up buying a Valve Index. (He's 23)

if you like shooters, Hyper Dash is a great multiplayer arena based FPS for Quest and there are even a few euc riders that play pretty regularly. The rail grinding, dashing and shooting are a blast.

Onward is a very good game for the quest 2. Its amazing for experiencing a true VR multiplayer FPS. It is very similar to Pavlov however it can run completely on the quest without the need for a PC. 

13 minutes ago, Lex Smith said:

My favorite exercise app is FitXR.  I can barely walk after doing one of their boxing routines. 

I keep seeing it advertised would you say its worth the money? 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a believer in VR since having a DK2 back in 2014. Meta Reality Labs with people like Abrash & Carmack (yes he's still there and even did a talk at Connect again this year) is in the process of changing the world.

Anyone looking to buy one can use this referral link to get $30 in free store credit: https://oculus.com/referrals/link/AtlasP/

Edited by AtlasP
On 11/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, EUCandME said:

I keep seeing it advertised would you say its worth the money? 

You can do a seven day free trial so try before you buy.  Personally I think it's well worth it - I use it for my cardio workouts 3 times a week.  A lot cheaper than a gym membership and a lot more convenient.

Half-Life Alyx in VR is incredible (I'm a half-life junkie since the original).  Plays well on the Quest2 with minimal hardware (mid-range PC and a decent video card, good 5-ghz router for wireless play).
Wife and I play Eleven Table Tennis against each other, great for when it's snowing out (which it isn't yet in Denver, went for a ride in 65 degree weather today, in NOVEMBER, for pete's sake!).

Edited by WillCO