eWheels Tucson Service Center Fire, Site Destroyed

Jason McNeil

Destroyed the warranty&service site and thoughts of not continuing.  I just received my first euc, a V11 from them.  Am worried about warranty service and parts availability.  Of course we wish them a full recovery. It seemed like euc use was poised to soar with ewheels at the lead. Hope I'm not over reacting. Time will tell.

Maybe the manufacturers would be able to offer support and assistance.

They have a vested interest in seeing eWheels survive and continuing.

Ewheels would be the number one US distributor with such a good reputation, trustworthiness, goodwill, loyalty, well loved by customers, built up over so many years.

The USA would presumably be the number one market in the world for EUCs.

• Like 1

I never had to do business with eWheels (yet!), but your own personal and corporative actions/reputation stood by themselves through countless stories and comments i've read all over the EUC space.

I truly hope you go through this and recover to become even stronger, if anyone can pull it off, its you. 

No matter what you decide, i tip my hat to you and your team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

I'd imagine that this will have a big impact on the used PEV market in North America. Who will buy a wheel that can't be repaired due to lack of components? This may drive down used-PEV prices, but perhaps it will also drive up prices for a few coveted working collector PEVs? Replacement parts are going to get more expensive.

End of life and repair is a serious problem with both EUCs and eBikes, and it's not something talked about often but should since that would standardize components and safety standards.

Ultimately, in my very strong opinion, EUCs need to go with removable batteries that will stay locked in place as this would allow batteries to be separated and safely stored by retailers in fire boxes like the way they should have been all along. Not doing so isn't an accident but a statistical certainty.

EWheels, I’m sorry to hear all these sad and bad news…not only to you and your company but to us the EUC community. Thank you sharing and for keeping us update. 
More power to your company  and I hope things all get figured out and you recover stronger.

• Like 1