Securing your Wheels

Kwing

Any tips in how to secure your wheels? I love to bring it to work but with myself walking in and out of meetings its quite portable enough for people to steal it. 

I have a ninebot but their "locked" device function isnt that secure afterall when everything shuts off when you turn the wheels off. 

I take my bot into the office and leave it at my desk. I consider my office safe enough to leave it there unlocked. Only my department has access to it and I know them well enough to trust them.

I take it with me while shopping though, wouldnt leave it in front of the mall. So it goes in the cart. 

Mine just fits in my locker at work ( main reason I went for 14" rather than 16"). Like @Jag_Rip I put mine in the trolley when shopping, or simply wheel it with the trolley handle in smaller shops. 

A good solid bicycle lock through the handle will secure it well to a fixed object like a bicycle rack as @Michael Vu showed in his CES report: 

However, I would be concerned about it being switched on. This would be ideal with an EUC with a removable battery like the KS 14B or Uniwheel.

@Keith yes, I think at present such a lock might be sufficient.

One reason for this is that not much people know 'how to use' meaning to ride an EU.

From this follows: At the moment there is no big demand for 'stolen EU's'.

But the more common EU's will become, the more people know how to use this devices, the more the demand will go up.

The (standard) handle for me is clearly NOT a sufficient means of securing the Uni (when not also made for this purpose).

At the moment I either carry my EU the whole time (don't like it!) or leave it at home when going shopping (so avoiding to have to carry it).

In my view a possibility to securely fix the EU with a (bicycle) lock is a feature I really would like to see implemented already by the manufacturer on a wheel I want to buy. (hint hint!)

Yea the problem is I have a ninebot and the handle are not enclosed. What I thought is to tie the bike cable around the bracket which is screwed tightly on the wheel's frame..

yea I put it on a trolley if I go shopping but I dont trust people at work. Also I am going to a conference which is quite open.

Just now, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Offices have issues with people that slip into buildings and steal laptops,etc.  An euc would be a target because these idiot will take anything that looks like money.   

Yea but viti made a point even if they steal it won't be able to ride anyways lol.. 

Archived