charge doctor

PTrider

@Cranium

I have  no training in electronics. I can do some soldering but I wouldnt venture much further than doing some soldering...

@h00ktern

I emailed  hobby16 a while ago asking about his charge doctor but never got a reply and I noticed that he doesnt post here for some time now so I assumed his far away in some beautyfull deserted tropical island!?

Do you know if he is still active on that site or if Im going to deposit some Euros in his paypal and never see a charge doctor arriving on the post?

5 hours ago, PTrider said:

@Cranium

I have  no training in electronics. I can do some soldering but I wouldnt venture much further than doing some soldering...

@h00ktern

I emailed  hobby16 a while ago asking about his charge doctor but never got a reply and I noticed that he doesnt post here for some time now so I assumed his far away in some beautyfull deserted tropical island!?

Do you know if he is still active on that site or if Im going to deposit some Euros in his paypal and never see a charge doctor arriving on the post?

I Pmed hobby16 also about 3 - 4 months ago and didnt get a response either. Maybe it was a phase...good to know he is still active

I can't comment on his pre-sale response to inquiries, but I bought my first one, blew it up (stupidly with Jason's 5a charger) shortly thereafter, and when I bought my replacement, he was going to give it to me for free. I had to decline since I knew better, and it was my fault - not his. At the same time, he told me he was working on a high amp model, and offered me that one as a free beta.

With service like that, I think he is ridiculously fair, and will get any money I can send him :). I would find it extremely surprising if he took someone's money and bailed on them.

Give me a day or so; I will PayPal him something, and let him know to check the thread.

Not yet. He was still working on it. He was already ahead of me in seeing the need to keep up with the newer chargers.

I am going to run through the threads here, then check on his site to see if he has anything cool to buy ;) - then I'll see if I can get a hold of him...

Hi all,

Thank you for inquiring about me. I'm well and always riding my Firewheel. I force myself not going on the forum for the moment, to have more times to make goodies for the wheel.

For whatever reason, the forum's PM don't make email notification of new messages (other forums do), thus no timely reply from me but you can contact me through my blog (see signature below).

I am still sending Charge Doctors and a new version (CD-2) is coming out... this weekend, I'll post pictures of it.

I can ship only 4 or 5 of the CD-2 for the moment, I am waiting for manufacturing of a next batch but I prefer not to promise completion date.

Some nice features of CD-2:

• currents up to 10A
  • 2 inputs connectors (optional) so you can plug in parallell two standard 2A chargers to charge at 4A and halve charging time
  • and best of all, a programmable end of charge shut-off : when current decrease under a threshold, say 0,5A, the CD will cut current.

• 4 weeks later...

Im following up on my previous text.

I ordered a charge doctor, it never arrived. After contacting hobby16 found that it got lost in the mail.

He sent me a new one that arrived today and even promised me to send me a 3 to 4 pins adapter free of charge because my IPS has (unusualy) 4 pins instead of 3.

That is top service! Highly recomended..

Archived