Maybe a more advanced liking system for the forum?

Hey guys not sure if this is possible... It would be a nice feature where if a user was to hold on the like button on forum posts we have a choice of basic emotes. We could have a laughing, Sad, Angry Emote. It could help people who dont always type responses to display their feelings towards a post.  Please let me know your thoughts! 

Edited by EUCandME
  • Like 2

Good idea. We used to have upvote and downvote buttons as well. The limit is really what is easily offered by the forum software. This service is kindly paid by the owner and there’s no money involved in keeping this up and moderated. Nobody’s going to make the changes unless it’s just couple of clicks away. But your suggestion could be there available already. Worth checking it out. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Good idea. We used to have upvote and downvote buttons as well. The limit is really what is easily offered by the forum software. This service is kindly paid by the owner and there’s no money involved in keeping this up and moderated. Nobody’s going to make the changes unless it’s just couple of clicks away. But your suggestion could be there available already. Worth checking it out. 

Yeah the owner of this forum is very generous. Hopefully it is easily implemented, It is more of a luxury than a necessity however so i wouldn't want to cause hassle. 

• Like 1

The French forum uses the same software and have several options. So it should just be a matter of settings.

The owner isn’t much around though still keeping the place up, to avoid bothering him with small claims maybe we could wait and group a few points. There is also the Veteran sub not showing up in the recent post section.

Edited by div
  • Like 2

Yeah, how come I cant like my own postings? If I could like those, I could completely entertain and stroke my own ego! Quoting myself just doesnt quite do the trick. I can say without reservation: the ability to edit my own posts has saved my a** more than once. :thumbup:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@EUCandME and everybody else who asked: thank you for bringing this up! It took a while and for the stars to align for everyone to get into gear and do something, but ultimately you started this! :thumbup:

Thank you for the recognition! I Appreciate you making it a reality. Hopefully all users will see the benefit! 

Edited by EUCandME
  • Thanks 2

By the way, the forum software supports custom reactions. So if we want and someone has a really good idea, we can implement it!

Ideas:

• "Hello" to simply say hello
  • "Agree" and "Disagree"? Might be a bit redundant, though.
  • "LOL Gotway" and "OMG Inmotion" and similar reactions for the latest manufacturer shenanigans. Or a more generally usable "Facepalm"?
  • "Ouch!" for the crash reports