Dissatisfied customer

EUCRookie

It been just over a month I purchased my first EUC from Eevees in Vancouver and I had some time to think and reflect on the brutal experience in there store. Eevees took advantage and sold me a broken gotway that was basically a lemon! Since I was a beginner I had no way to tell it was so bad until I did a bit of research. The owners screamed at me like crazy people to scare me out of the store with the busted machine to repair myself. They have never bothered to reach out to me and make things right either and I have heard of other people having bad experiences with them. I have never even left 1 review on google before until now because I was just so upset about it. I really don't like to talk bad about anyone I hope that one day they make things right! I also don't want to hear or see anyone else get scammed by them either.

Isn’t this a sad and depressing way to introduce someone to a new sport like EUC?

I guess for my next EUC I could try and order from smartwheel.ca, alibaba or from Van EUC?

I can’t imagine what kind of people would do this to a new customer? Maybe there’s a lesson here to be learned but it makes me sick to see business like this taking advantage of people and I thought I should share my story. I’m still friends with some EUC riders in town that like to deal with Eevee’s so I’m glad this hasn’t caused all kinds of people to hate each other. I’m not really sure what to do about this but I’m still feeling hurt.

If you had issues with them as well so it would be good to hear your story if you want to DM me or comment bellow.

-

mod edit: the reply to this by@eevees paints quite a different picture. Read it here (it's on page 2 of this thread).

Edited by RagingGrandpa

2 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Without details, a play by play, or any semblances of an objective statement of the events, this is just becomes ranting/venting. 

I don't feel like I'm getting the full story here. You're saying you bought a wheel from them, it was broken, and they screamed at you to get out of their store. I just highly doubt that this is how things happen. 

In addition, you're blaming them for not picking out the right EUC for you... that seems like a shared responsibility. If they're guilty of selling you something wrong for your needs, you're just as guilty for not knowing what you need or what you're buying.

If you had an issue with a Gotway and are swearing them off and moving on to KingSong, okay fine I get that, but that's not on Eevee's, that's on the manufacturers. 

To me, it just sounds like you're frustrated, but not going about it the right way at all. Or even placing blame where it belongs.

I agree! Remember facts no feelings. 

side note I bought a used v5 for my first wheel rode it for two weeks then sold it it was to small.

Against my better judgement, I’m gonna take a stab at this….

Looking back through your posts, I gather you bought an MCM5v2 from said store.

Was it a new wheel, or used ? I don’t know the store, so I don’t even know if they deal in used wheels.

If it was new, and there were manufacturer defects, there should have been some warranty coverage.

If it was bought used, “as is”, then you are taking a chance on it.

You will get zero sympathy in the court of public opinion if you do not lay out the facts clearly.

If you genuinely feel cheated by the store, take the issue to the top - the owner of the store.

Rant at him. Or her.

Hope this helps.

Best, and keep the rubber side down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Was it a new wheel, or used ?

This is more about that they totally freaked out and yelled at me like crazy people.

I was beginner so I had no idea how bad the wheel was but I'm not looking for sympathy or anything now I just want to make this public because I heard others having issues with them.

If they have a history of not honouring warranty, discounts and refunds it should be well know in order to help others in the community.

5 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

If you genuinely feel cheated by the store, take the issue to the top - the owner of the store.

Rant at him. Or her.

I did and that's when they decided to freak out and scare me out of the store. It's no longer about the gotway but more about that how they were verbally abusive.

• EUCRookie changed the title to Eevee's in Vancouver was verbally abusive after purchasing my first EUC!?
2 hours ago, AeonDrone said:

I was beginner so I had no idea how bad the wheel was

There are no bad wheels nowadays*. If you didn’t like it and wanted an exchange after riding around with it I can understand the shop wouldn’t go with that. Possibly they should ideally be zen masters when dealing with public, but I can understand if they got annoyed if you insisted on an unreasonable favor.

They should not have shouted. But there might have been a reason. We don’t know as we lack details.

*edit: as in all models have their merits and public, not that they are failure proof or perfect.

Edited by div

Your first problem is you bought a Gotway. :blink1:

What model Gotway did you buy? What was wrong with it? Did you ask for a refund? Exchange? Store credit? Warranty repair? When you drive a “car off the lot”, it’s basically yours. Without these details in your post, you’re basically lying by omission so every other detail of your statements are suspect, including saying the owners yelled at you. Owners don’t just yell at customers unless the customer is being rude, highly unreasonable or threatening. Which is it?

You’re not looking for any resolution, because you know you’re in the wrong. This post is created to merely smear the company because you know full well it will be indexed by Google.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AeonDrone said:

Eevees took advantage and sold me a broken gotway that was basically a lemon! Since I was a beginner I had no way to tell it was so bad until I did a bit of research.

What was broken/wrong with the wheel? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, div said:

There are no bad wheels nowadays.

Seriously??

When u have been around a bit longer u will realise this is not true! Wheels are better but they still fail .New models always have "bedding  in "issues and i dont think wheels that catch on fire are good wheels. Whatever the issue with the wheel,if ur a business owner,maybe u need to brush up on ur customer skills.

48 minutes ago, Mango said:

Owners don’t just yell at customers unless the customer is being rude, highly unreasonable or threatening. Which is it?

The day I went back to the store I had hopes that I could be leaving this behind me with an exchange for new wheel but I was also ready to leave on good terms with the old broken one as well. Just to clarify my mindset and intention was to just have a fair deal and work things out one way or another. I was ready for either option but when they freaked out and all hell broke loose it was there way or the highway and I felt hurt.

I was being ulra cool about it and really understanding trying to come up with a solution. Basically I was asking for an exchange so they could take the wheel back and I was going to give them an additional 1K or more another wheel. If I was them I would of been happy to take the wheel back and put things in the right to exchange for another grand.

They're just not nice people and have dealt badly with other customers as well. They are known for playing dirty so that's why I'm making this public. I did say that we could be looking at a class action here because this is just not right what they did to me as a beginner but I was being really cool about it. I mean it's not like even worth taking someone to court over this anyway it's just something said and I would apologize for saying something without thinking. I have no idea why I said that tbh but it does not give them the right to verbally abuse me and treat me like that. Either way I just hope they treat customers better and never do this to anyone else. I get it I mean one is a saint and either am I but really they should of reached out to me and try to at least make things right or offer some type of solution. In my last email did say I hoped we could of been friends and try to work it out

If you think about it I mean would anyone like to be sold a broken EUC for there first ride? It's sad and depressing and confusing with learning a new sport. When I purchased we agreed that on no warranty but they never once said anything about it being a final sale. I  mean either way it's not good business especially if they freak out and try to scare me out of the store in order to keep the profits from a lemon wheel. I basically told them that they sold me a lemon and I had no idea how badly the wheel was broken and I can't afford to get a new one so I wanted an exchange because they basically took advantage and cheated a beginner.

Edited by AeonDrone

2 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

Why do I feel he rode it like a skateboard and did some serious damage.

hah no I treated it like a baby because I was really happy with it at first. I even fixed it up, spent over 100+ on polishing tools etc and make it look brand new again. It actually looked way better then when I got it

10 minutes ago, AeonDrone said:

If you think about it I mean would anyone like to be sold a broken EUC for there first ride?

Please describe with as much detail as you can the issues observed, which leads to your conclusion of this EUC being "broken"

It is hard to understand your story without this crucial knowledge.
Maybe it is also how the conflict started, as a disagreement on what should be considered "broken" or not, and therefore how to address the situation?

5 minutes ago, supercurio said:

Please describe with as much detail as you can the issues observed, which leads to your conclusion of this EUC being "broken"

It's not really about it being broken it's that the freaked out and screamed at me like crazy people. I talked about it a little before but this thread got off topic

4 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

“When I purchased we agreed (that) on no warranty…” 

I don't mind the broken wheel as much as I feel hurt about how they treated me. But no they did not say "as is" and "no refunds" but yes "no warranty" as a verbal agreement and that's fine I'm ok with that. I'm not really talking about the details of the broken wheel here but how being good people here not trying to profit from other peoples pain and not freaking out on customers

17 minutes ago, AeonDrone said:

It's not really about it being broken it's that the freaked out and screamed at me like crazy people. I talked about it a little before but this thread got off topic

So it wasn't broken then? I'm confused.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winterwheel said:

So it wasn't broken then? I'm confused.

Yes but because it was my first wheel I didn't see how bad it was until I spent over 100+ to fix it up and noticed the details but the point is about how his store verbally abused me

17 minutes ago, AeonDrone said:

I disagree, context is important.

A very common scenario are arguments where buyers come to a seller and say "this is broken, please provide resolution", and the seller thinks: "this is obviously not broken: we can't provide resolution".
After a lot of insisting, professionals are still humans after all and can lose patience if they feel powerless to solve a problem they're unable acknowledge to begin with.

So I'm asking again: please describe the issues and problems with the best detail, which lead to your conclusion that they sold you a broken wheel.
This is where this all started after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AeonDrone said:

I basically told them that they sold me a lemon and I had no idea how badly the wheel was broken and I can't afford to get a new one so I wanted an exchange because they basically took advantage and cheated a beginner.

These are very serious charges.

I occasionally recommend people to go to eevees to buy wheels if our local supplier is out of stock of a specific model.

I'd really like to know if I should stop doing that, but I can't decide to do that unless you say in what way the wheel was broken and it is that they cheated you.

• Like 3