Mten3 speed correction/alarms

Goped23

Hello! This is my first post on this forum

I’ve had an Mten3 84v 512wh for a few months now. I wanted to see how accurate the speed readout is on DarknessBot. I held my Dragy gps timing system (very accurate and used for automotive racing) and went for a ride. Come to find out the wheel was showing its speed around 7% fast. I also compared speed with a generic speedometer app with similar results. So, I adjusted the speed correction value in DarknessBot to -7% and the speed seems accurate now. The problem though is with both alarms turned off I hit the hard set beeps at only 19.8mph at full charge. Is this a common speed for beeps on the Mten3? The wheel was advertised it could safely hit 24mph and I’ve seen other people say their second alarm starts at about 19mph. I’ve tested the other alarms and if I have the second alarm on, it starts to beep and about 19mph then immediately after that at 19.8mph the hard set beeps begin. My free spin is 27.6mph. I just rewatched Wrong Way!’s video and he said his free spin was 35mph ?!?! It seems crazy that one could push through the beeps another 5mph to hit the advertised speed. I heard other people say they can easily hit 23-24mph in the 84v Mten3.  
Thank you for any input! 

• Like 3

Almost all manufacturer inflate the speeds. What you are finding sounds about right. I would heavily caution you about riding the mten near its top speed. It is a torquey little wheel, but it has been known to be easily overleaned near its (overinflated) top speed. I'd suggest using the mten as a bit slower wheel. It sounds to me like you are more than ready to step up to a larger model. Stepping up to a larger wheel is THE ONLY way you are going to be able to safely go 20+mph for long at all. Fwiw,. I have the first version mten. It tops out at a slower speed. I honestly don't ride it near beeps often at all. My 18xl has a top speed of 28mph (stated as 31mph) and I set alrams at 28mph(prolly more like 25mph in reality). My sherman can do 50mph, but I try to keep it nearer 45max. Its a pattern and its on purpose for me...

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Mine (2019 firmware) is pretty close to GPS:  https://euc.world/tour/601700166344160

Discover the "80% beep speed" safely by lifting up the EUC and balancing it carefully, with L1+L2 beeps and tiltback disabled...
More info here: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/4258-gotway-alarm-beep/

Ride the MTen >20mph at your own peril ;)

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 3

Thank you for the replies! I’m happy to hear my mten3 sounds like it’s running normally. I do not ride it that fast very often, I was just concerned that something was not right with my wheel when I was doing a speed test. I have an RS HS for fast riding. I must say I’m very happy I joined this forum, it seems like there is a great community here. My first wheel is a knock off solowheel that I got about 6 years ago and that thing barely hits 10mph lol, it was my first and only wheel for 6 years until I bought the Mten3 and RS19 hs this past summer. I really appreciate the info!  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Ride the MTen >20mph at your own peril

+1 for sure. I overleaned hitting a crease in the pavement on my 67V at 14 mph, 46% battery. Once the battery goes down, so does your power margin. My fault entirely, but the MTen isn't a wheel for going places!

• Like 1