S18 clunk and alarm?

Tawpie

Anyone heard this before? The squeaking is the suspension, there is nothing in the wheel well. If I'm not bouncing, all is good but when I bounce it'll make this clunk that feels like something knocking on the inside of the shell.

I'm quite worried about the alarm, it's not overspeed. I can sometimes trigger the alarm by standing the wheel still and starting to roll it backwards.

Thanks...

Update: the dealer suggested I pump up the top chamber "more". I had set it for 20 mm of sag (off road recommendation), and since I'm a bantam featherweight my lack of riding weight very well may require more pressure to keep the shock from hitting the internal mudguard on the rebound (I think, from the tone and location of the clunk, that it's coming from the hard plastic part that wraps the top of the tire). After resetting for about 10 mm sag, a quick ride+bouncing and the clunks are gone. I haven't tried dropping the top pressure to 20 mm sag see if the clunks come back and confirm that's the actual fix, but will do so just to be certain it's not loose hangers or a magnet problem. (It grumbles a little coming off a dead stop which is unlike my 16X, but probably not an issue—I did get the boopboopboopboop "over torque" tones one time when I was moving it backwards from a standstill and that was a surprise).

Reading up on how these things work and thinking about it, maybe I have too much pressure in the negative chamber when I'm at 20 mm sag. So many variables!

Anyway, possibly some progress and maybe it's due to pilot error!

Edited by Tawpie