burned out Gotway Nikola 100V 1800WH.

Sergei Ivanov

9 months ago I purchased the Gotway Nikola 100v 1800WH electric unicycle. On September 15, 2021 at 4:40 pm, I arrived home on and gave it a charge. Somewhere around 17:00. I heard a noise. He was
in the next room. I went out to see what was going on. I saw a burning wheel, immediately grabbed it and carried it to
Street. (video attached) https://youtu.be/Tllc3A1Q1lI
If I had not done this within 10! seconds, someone could be injured or killed, the house could be burned down. The warranty does not state that the wheel can
be dangerous and must be stored under special conditions. The manufacturer has endangered my life and the lives of people
who lives with me. In addition, I received a deep burn on my finger, which healed within 2 weeks. Friends say that I am very lucky. The attached photo and video clearly shows the charger cord, which confirms that the wheel was indeed on charge at the time of the fire. There was no shock, moisture, or violation of operating conditions. Conclusion: the products of the GOTWAY company are CRITICALLY DANGEROUS for life.808ca4e4c2df.jpg
  • Like 2

I'm glad you got the wheel outside before it hurt anyone or damaged the house. That said every single EUC and other PEV with similar high capacity battery technology is essentially a bomb made in China with limited regulation/QC. So if a fire risk like this is something you can't accept you can't own an EUC and store it inside a building. Either don't buy one or store it away from your house. 

That said it's not like everybody with an EUC has had this happen. Problem is you can't know in advance if you will be one of the few unlucky people that has a battery fire. 

• Like 1