Teamgee T3 Unicycle Charger

kah00na

I recently got a new battery pack for my Teamgee T3 electric unicycle but I can't find the original charger.  Does anyone know the specs on it?  I've tried a 24v and 36v from some other electric scooters but neither of them seem to do any charging.  I'd really like to see a pic of an original charger so I can get a new one.  Thanks for any help guys. 

8 hours ago, kah00na said:

I recently got a new battery pack for my Teamgee T3 electric unicycle but I can't find the original charger.  Does anyone know the specs on it?  I've tried a 24v and 36v from some other electric scooters but neither of them seem to do any charging.  I'd really like to see a pic of an original charger so I can get a new one.  Thanks for any help guys. 

You already found the right thread here 

There is written, that the tg3 is a 67.2V wheel - that makes 16 cells in serie. So your charger needs this 16*4.2V maximum output voltage, or sometimes they are specified by the nominal voltage which would be 16*3.7V~59V.

With the 132Wh pack this 16 cells in series should be ~2000mAh - so the charging current should be ~0.5 to 1A.

In the topic is a link to the charge port connector - for the charger side you need the opposite part. To be on the safe side i'd double check and measure this!

Btw: One should never ever try to charge li ion battery packs with wrong chargers - wrong voltage and pinout can lead to dangerous results!

PS @kah00na - TG T3 wheels are particularly old, but still sold! So you could try and ask any of the sellers (i found on geekbuy and one on ?amazon?) if they sell/can specify the charger for you?! It's imho also still listed on aliexpress (but out of stock) - so a good chance to ask the seller there.

Depending on the age of the wheel it's verly likely that the battery is already down - the 16s1p config is very weak and about not enough for riding. Even with such a wheel new.

So these cells are degraded very fast.

The BMS (battery managment system) of this wheel is still one of the first generation, which will cut off supply once one cell triggers the undervoltage alarm. Which is very unfortionate when this happens while riding - no balancing anymore and a big chance for a faceplant! Fortunately it does not go fast! ;)

Be careful riding this wheel!