My public library has a LulzBot Taz 6 3D Printer, what would you print?

GothamMike

I have a KS 18L and Sherman v2.

The printable area is s 290mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.4 in. x 10.8 in. x 9.8 in.) they have HIPS and PLA.

They are not charging for the filament.

Does EUC.org have a dropbox for sharing files?

• Like 1

I would print the side cover supports by @supercuriofor the Sherman in HIPS. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4903290

These are very effective. Every Sherman should have these. 

Note: HIPS can be ugly but it is strong. In this case you are not going to see it. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GothamMike said:

I have a KS 18L and Sherman v2.

The printable area is s 290mm x 275mm x 250mm (11.4 in. x 10.8 in. x 9.8 in.) they have HIPS and PLA.

They are not charging for the filament.

Does EUC.org have a dropbox for sharing files?

I've been toying with the idea of a 3d printer for a while now, but don't really have more space (physical or budget!) for more toys. After reading this, I did a bit of googling and determined that my local library also has a 3d printer, at $.10/gram. I don't know anything about average filament usage but that seems like a pretty cheap way to learn some basics! Thanks for putting the bug in my head - looking forward to printing some of the supports for my Sherman! :-D

2 hours ago, Mantraguy said:

I've been toying with the idea of a 3d printer for a while now, but don't really have more space (physical or budget!) for more toys. After reading this, I did a bit of googling and determined that my local library also has a 3d printer, at $.10/gram. I don't know anything about average filament usage but that seems like a pretty cheap way to learn some basics! Thanks for putting the bug in my head - looking forward to printing some of the supports for my Sherman! :-D

2 out of 3 local libraries say their printers are not functional. Is there a filament shortage?

2 hours ago, GothamMike said:

2 out of 3 local libraries say their printers are not functional. Is there a filament shortage?

No, they(3d printers) are just UBER finicky. I am quite surprised a public place offers services as such. Its not overly expensive, its just cheap parts that need constant tinkering. Im betting public printers have a tough life and librarians just dont order parts everyday and fix what gets destroyed.

Edited by ShanesPlanet