Z10 battery issue

Dilema007

Hey, I've a big problem where I don't have any indication lights on the battery at all, they where there a while ago, but from the normal blinking blue to nothing, not even the red light of death, I've checked with a volt meter and things seem fine, a healthy 25.6v on each battery, but still no indication, plugged everything back to the wheel and no life what so ever, I tried the "wrongway" battery hack, but that didn't work,it's also a month old motherboard in it, so its not that either, any ideas would be great 

• Like 1

Yes the combination of both batteries would give me a reading of at least 55.6v, but after doing some homework I've managed to get one indication light on the battery but only on battery 2, battery one is still no indication light red or blue, but at least battery 2 is with a blue indicator

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2021 at 5:11 AM, Dilema007 said:

Yes the combination of both batteries would give me a reading of at least 55.6v, but after doing some homework I've managed to get one indication light on the battery but only on battery 2, battery one is still no indication light red or blue, but at least battery 2 is with a blue indicator

The z10 uses two 15s batteries in parallel. Each pack should be at 55v. If they are at 25v, they are very dead. the cells maybe busted, at the very least they're degraded if you manage to recharge them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 1:11 PM, Dilema007 said:

So is there anything I can do other than buy a new battery??

1 hour ago, Dilema007 said:

So is there anything I can do other than buy a new battery??

Probably not? Since the pack voltage measured 25V and there are 15 cells in series, the average voltage of each cell is 1.7V and that is very far below the "never go below this voltage or catastrophic damage will occur" threshold of 2 ish volts. Each cell 'should' have physical protection to prevent its being discharged below this level because a Li-Ion battery that has been that flat may decide to reverse its polarity and essentially short out the entire pack.

I'd store the packs well away from the house and anything that might catch fire while I figured out how to safely dispose of BOTH of them.

Edited by Tawpie