V11 Loud Vibrations!!

macgyvercanada

Hey all, wondering if anyone else has experienced this:  

Sometimes when my wheel is powered on and is sitting idle, upright, unmoving and with zero torque on the pedals, it will launch into this crazy loud vibrating tirade.  It seems like it's trying to accelerate back-and-forth but it doesn't actually move anywhere.  Most of the time I can get it to stop by putting a bit of torque onto the pedals or the handle, but if that fails I have to lay it over on its side as the power button won't shut it down.  It seems that I can prevent this from happening by constantly keeping a tiny bit of torque on the pedal/handle, even when stopped at a road crossing or trollying around.  Issue is more annoying and embarassing than anything... it's unnervingly loud.  Zero issues when actually riding.

6 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

Think some Loctite would help

Perhaps BUT remember. Loctite must never ever be used near plastic, not even near plastic that's going into a metal insert held by a plastic boss. Loctite eats plastic, literally.

Personally I'd wait for a V11 owner to weigh in on where Loctite can be safely used because I certainly don't know that answer. I didn't add any to my wheels—instead I have them on a fairly regular open-inspect-tighten routine.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Perhaps BUT remember. Loctite must never ever be used near plastic, not even near plastic that's going into a metal inserted held by a plastic boss. Loctite eats plastic, literally.

Correct. Loctite and many other threadlockers should be kept away from plastic. Vibra-Tite VC-series can be used with plastics (www.vibra-tite.com/threadlockers/removable-reusable-threadlockers/). You can also use some adhesive like Loctite 425 or Permatex Plastic Threadlocker 19920 . Despite they names they are really adhesives.

• Like 1