Solution to the V11 Bearings problem?

Finn Bjerke

Sorry if this thread has been in the forum before,  I dont wanna spam noone,  This is a creative solution also a tad annoying it should be needed.   My V11 have bearings set #2 hope they bloody lasts ....... They are making whining noise now ....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4741590

• Like 1

I have a brand new V11 and i'm already having bearing issues. It started with sqeaking noise after being caught in rain on my commute home from work and now the sqeaking is gone after a couple of days but they wine loud as f*ck when riding above 15km/h. Right now i just got confirmation that i will be sent a new motor to change mine. 

I have seen your videos Finn and also the one you are linking above. One question i've been pondering is if you need the sealing explained above if you have high quality bearings i.e. is the design flawed no matter what bearings or is the bearings used simply put crap. What bearings did you use when you made the change? 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, Finn Bjerke said:

It seems some Inmotion V12 Batch1 have bearings problems too.   Maybe I should get this book? https://www.amazon.com/Blistering-Barnacles-Z-Celebrating-character/dp/0008497354

Have there actually been verified bearing problem[s]? 

As far as I know only Crusher from Reddit reported probably having a bad bearing, after finding surface rust on the axle. She was sending it back to ewheels, and we never heard whether it was a verified bad bearing or what.

After 3000klm I was caught in the rain and mine also has the issue now. It also feels like it puts a little more drag on the wheel maybe, it feels like it has a harder job spinning only slightly. The scrape sound is kind of constant with intermittent squeaks. 
My dealer will be helping which is awesome. I will always avoid rain but where I live afternoon storms are quite a thing, I think there will be more in the future. 

Good on  ya mate ... Lets support the good local dealers, still Im disappointed that the Chinese EUC producers make so many errors. 

PS: Is Aus Austria or Australia? No matter what it must be amazing to ride EUC there.

One question i've been pondering is if you need the sealing explained above if you have high quality bearings i.e. is the design flawed no matter what bearings or is the bearings used simply put crap. What bearings did you use when you made the change? 

I have no idea, I used high quality SWEDISH bearings off course. Expensive ? Yes very. Keep the old motor and change them bearings you now have 2 V11 which is not so bad...